SLAL SSE not registerring animations

So I've got a working basic sexlab installation going and I'd like to install some more animations.  I installed SLAL  SE and a few of the converted animation packs.  I installed Animationsbyleito v1.6 and MilkySLAL v1.8.  Looted them just fine and FNIS isn't showing any errors.  When I start up the game, I get SLAL in the MCM menu just fine but it doesn't seem to be registerring any new animations.  The process I'm following is to "Enable All Animations" followed by "Register All Animations". 

I read through the original SLAL page and think I'm doing it all right but am still having problems.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you for any responses!

2 minutes ago, Atenos Aries said:

Does anyone have any ideas?

If you don't receive errors from FNIS, they are properly installed. In MCM Menu / SLAL, verify that they have been activated from the animation submenu. If they are not activated, try activating them manually (Remember that you must first install and configure SexLab via MCM).

From the general section of the SLAL MCM, there's a button to count your registered and pending registration animations. Click it, and it will display a dialog box displaying what is installed. it takes a ~20-30 seconds to populate so be patient.

I always register and unregister the animations from this section, not from the individual animation group windows, so idk if that works or not. 

PS> when registering a set of animations, you can monitor that registration effort by clicking into the console view, where you'll see a stream of animation titles as it registers each.

OK, I don't seem to have a "catagory" option in my SLAL.  When I unregister and rebuild in the "general options" tab (which is the only one that shows, nothing happens.  I'll try reinstalling and see what happens.  Is there more than one copy of SLAL?  I installed the only one I could find from here.

15 minutes ago, Atenos Aries said:

When I unregister and rebuild in the "general options" tab (which is the only one that shows

Do you have Jcontainers installed? Empty/no tabs in the SLAL mcm usually means an outdated/incompatible or non-existent Jcontainers version. I use the latest one from the Nexus and I've never had any trouble.

Not sure if this will help:

Always run Finis after loading a mod into the game.  Even if you do not see a message saying that behaviors were changed.

The first thing you need is 'patience'.  Takes a bit, at times for things to fully load in, and pop up in the MCM, and such.

I always activate Sexlab first.  Let it build, then activate creature animations, and matching inside Sexlab and let that run.  Set sexuality, and all that.

Then I go to the SLAL, activate all/register all...that usually takes a bit. (sitting at 19k total, currently...on a POS backup comp).

Then I go to ZAZ, go to the Sexlab page and wait until it loads, then register those.

Since I use it 'Cumshot'...let those build...

Activate, and set, everything else...

Be advised, depending on how many scripts are trying to run, you may see lockups, and such...most mods that pop to MCM do have an adjustment page for 'polling', polling is how often the mod checks your game...get several at the same time and you will glitch, lockup, and so on....many times if you go hands off for a bit, things will clear, other times you may need to hard reset the comp.

Going 'hands-off' applies to several things, at times.  If you're like me and end up with 19k animations on your comp, if a message pops up....good idea to take your hands off of the keyboard...the PC is working to resolve the script.  Just another FYI.  

A lot of this is try, and learn, for your own computer. 

6 hours ago, Atenos Aries said:

OK, I don't seem to have a "catagory" option in my SLAL.  When I unregister and rebuild in the "general options" tab (which is the only one that shows, nothing happens.  I'll try reinstalling and see what happens.  Is there more than one copy of SLAL?  I installed the only one I could find from here.

Why did you unregister and rebuild if the intention was to register animations?

1) pick the animations you want to register from the animation pack submenus.

2) go to the general options window of the SLAL MCM

3) click the "Count animations" button and wait until it displays the count. It will take 10-20 seconds or so

4) review the display showing the number of animations you selected and the category (human or creature) and close the modal window

5) click the "register animations" button and wait until a modal popup displays that says something like "XXX human animations installed, YYY creature animations installed"

6) tab back to the game and you should be golden.

*** note, step 5 will take a bit of time if you choose several hundred animations, and by a bit of time, I mean it'll take a while. up to several minutes.

BTW, if my recollection is correct, by rebuilding SL animation db from SLAL, you might now have to go to the SL MCM and clean SL up

Rebuild&Clean >>Reset Animation Registry

before registering any further animations, or you may continue to see problems. I ran into that when I first installed and used SLAL and did what you reported, but that was about a year ago, so idk if it applies. Keep it in mind anyway if things still don't work. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

If you have already selected a group of animations to add, then go to the "general" (or something like that) submenu of SLAL and click the "register animations" button, then follow its directions and wait until it displays a message box indicating the registration process has completed.

yeah i did EXACTLY that, i enabled the animations clicked register, it took a couple seconds and then said 0 new animations registered. and the fucking baffling thing is at one point it DID say new anims were registered, but after that it completely fucking broke the menu, and then when i tried to start a scene with an npc, it just did the same thing as if i had no anims and kicked me out

presuming any all dependencies are up to snuff for your version of skyrim, if you checked selection boxes boxes and you tried to register and nothing happened, then I'd be inclined (after resetting SL's animation registry from SL's mcm) to uninstalling (with new save after and cleanup using fallrim) and then reinstalling SLAL. I've had to do that twice to fix similar-sounding issues. ymmv

Edited by anjenthedog