Space Sexplorers Downloadable Comic (Not cc)

Space Sexplorers Downloadable Comic (Not cc)

View File

I am a long time Sims fan and I wanted to give something back to the great modding and custom content creator community. Unfortunately the extent of my CC capabilities revolve around recolours or tweaking other peoples content so I am unable to contribute that way as I do not want to break anyones terms of use.

However I can share the results of my "tweaking" and my use of the Sims, which is 100% to create visual stories (I have not "played" a Sims game ever!).

So, please find attached chapters of my Space Sexplorers story in PDF and CBZ formats for your reading pleasure.

I hope you enjoy.

PS I hope this is in the correct section of LL!

Chapter One - Intro

Chapter Two - Everyone's in trouble

Chapter Three - Into the Dark

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/04/2020
  • Category
  • Requires

@donttouchmethere

@zhoartex

@erplederp

Thank you for the positive feedback. Appreciate it.

Working on the second chapter right now (6 of the proposed 112 frames complete). I already know which direction I want this story to go so there is an ending in mind, it just depends on how long it takes me to get there. It can take a while to get the scenery and poses right for one frame. Even then, sometimes when I see the end result I do not like it, so I go back and redo it again!

But, it is still all good fun. ?

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you enjoy the next instalment.

Creating this second chapter was challenging. It took a number of hours to get just two images at one stage!

Sims is great for giving you almost unlimited customisation options in both world and actors, however base game sizes are all the same, and I like to have diversity in my Sim sizes. Therefore, I use height sliders (Luumia).

These are great; however, they are also buggy, they can conflict with the most random of cc, or the game engine suddenly decides it doesn’t want them to work. What happens is a foot or a hand will disappear on your height adjusted Sims, or in my case ALL Sims that are at a certain height. So, when I created scenes with hordes of Aliens, groups of them would show up without a foot or a hand. The only real way to fix the glitch is to reset the game, entering CAS would sometimes fix the glitched Sim, but then other height adjusted Sims would have a missing limb!

Also, while not only tackling the above, I had complete scenes reset when I accidentally entered MC Command CAS or hit the keyboard shortcut to manage worlds! Putting almost 20 Sims back in position and re-posing can get frustrating after the second time!

If anything, I feel this story will be my first and last story to have so many Sim actors!

Not that I had no good takeaways from creating Chapter Two - I found out how to export my Comics into a larger size, I found you can raise the height of Andrews Teleport statue and teleport Sims to that position! And found that you can delete camera saved states while the game is running (so useful) and finally I am getting a lot better with Gimp.

Just read the chapter 1. I'm doing comics myself on my blog and I like a lot what you did in your story. You're really pushing the possibilities of the sims 4 to the limit, and you do that in a creative way. I like how you use your outdoor environments. (Everything is done in a lot ?)

Well done.

1 hour ago, xxxagent said:

I hope you enjoy the next instalment.

Creating this second chapter was challenging. It took a number of hours to get just two images at one stage!

Sims is great for giving you almost unlimited customisation options in both world and actors, however base game sizes are all the same, and I like to have diversity in my Sim sizes. Therefore, I use height sliders (Luumia).

These are great; however, they are also buggy, they can conflict with the most random of cc, or the game engine suddenly decides it doesn’t want them to work. What happens is a foot or a hand will disappear on your height adjusted Sims, or in my case ALL Sims that are at a certain height. So, when I created scenes with hordes of Aliens, groups of them would show up without a foot or a hand. The only real way to fix the glitch is to reset the game, entering CAS would sometimes fix the glitched Sim, but then other height adjusted Sims would have a missing limb!

Also, while not only tackling the above, I had complete scenes reset when I accidentally entered MC Command CAS or hit the keyboard shortcut to manage worlds! Putting almost 20 Sims back in position and re-posing can get frustrating after the second time!

If anything, I feel this story will be my first and last story to have so many Sim actors!

Not that I had no good takeaways from creating Chapter Two - I found out how to export my Comics into a larger size, I found you can raise the height of Andrews Teleport statue and teleport Sims to that position! And found that you can delete camera saved states while the game is running (so useful) and finally I am getting a lot better with Gimp.

I know the frustrations you speak of. The issue with height sliders is the same when using other height slider mods (for example those that replace the foot slider). I also learned it gets exponentially difficult to get all the actors lined up, the more actors you use. I now try to limit the actors, or take narrow shots on just the key actors during important moments.

Since you mentioned you didn't know you could raise the teleport statue. I'm going to suggest another mod that is EXTREMELY useful for making stories, and easy to use.

T.O.O.L. mod

I'll let you read up on it, but you can Move, Elevate, & Rotate (on all 3 axis) objects and sims. You can move objects off the lot, and sims can be moved while posing. Here's an example of car objects moved to the street, and one is elevated and rotated.

360604865_09-13-19_6-38-33PM.png.240f29a447b57b34fa5891ea8283b2d4.png

17 minutes ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

Since you mentioned you didn't know you could raise the teleport statue. I'm going to suggest another mod that is EXTREMELY useful for making stories, and easy to use.

T.O.O.L. mod

I'll let you read up on it, but you can Move, Elevate, & Rotate (on all 3 axis) objects and sims. You can move objects off the lot, and sims can be moved while posing. Here's an example of car objects moved to the street, and one is elevated and rotated.

@2cool4u_1 This is a life saver! I could have done with that tool this past week. Thank you so much.

1 hour ago, RDA said:

Just read the chapter 1. I'm doing comics myself on my blog and I like a lot what you did in your story. You're really pushing the possibilities of the sims 4 to the limit, and you do that in a creative way. I like how you use your outdoor environments. (Everything is done in a lot ?)

Well done.

@RDA Thank you for the kind words. I use a mixture of sets, but for the main focus outdoor sets I use one large lot, that I enclose with raised ground, and then to get an Alien sky I add it in in post shoot editing with Gimp. However I did recently find some great sky mods similar to those I used in Sims 2, I will experiment with them in future stories.

I also read all 12(13) Chapters of your story, a great read and I really liked the art style and storytelling method you adopt.

Sorry to hear of the problems you experienced, sometimes we are thrown challenges, to be just that, a challenge. I am all too familiar with losing work, I once lost 6 months work on several stories in various stages, one that was almost complete (I also write Erotica under another pen-name) and most recently I lost the whole Proxima set I had built for Sexplorers, which put me back a few days.

If you enjoy your craft these set backs do not disuade you for long.

@xxxagent Very impressive anyway. Btw I wonder if world like Alien World can be edited like the Magical World in Realm of Magic. Could be a nice setup up. Plus the use of TOOL mention earlier (this is an insane and underated mod btw), some nice thing can be made.

Playing arround light can be nice to make new environement I think (even if light phsyics is shit in The Sims 4)

Thank you for your word too. I finally made the last chapters (13 and 14 which is the last chapter of the story) but yeah, making backup is very important sometimes. That was a big loss of time and motivation. Sorry for your WiP stories.

And I realise that I have to remake my main blog page because we dont see last chapters on it, I forgot.

• 3 weeks later...

Chapter Three finally completed.

As a note, I will be taking a short break from this Comic. I have some short stories I would like to Sim and each time I create a Comic I find new techniques and feel I get better at touching up the images afterwards as well.

Hopefully when I get around to Chapter Four I will be a lot better at this.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the latest installment.

On 7/18/2020 at 8:24 PM, 2cool4u_1 said:

I'm going to suggest another mod that is EXTREMELY useful for making stories, and easy to use. T.O.O.L. mod

Sorry to be off topic in this thread, but DUUUUUUDE!!!! This tool is amazing! How did I not know about this!
Thanks so much for sharing this info with us!

• 1 month later...

Update.

The latest Sims 4 patch has broken CC doors and Windows. And I mostly use them, so for me my Sims 4 is currently unusable.

I wanted Batu for Sci-fi build items, Zabrak horns and Jedi robes, but in buying a game pack for a few creative items I've broke my game (Thank You EA). There is the option to roll back, but I did that far too many times when I deleted one of my main story sets, and I don't feel up for it. The great team over at Sims 4 Studio are working on a batch fix, hopefully it will be available soon.

When you are working on a Space Station set and all your doors and windows become solid it does not do your enthusiasm any good! ☹️

I will be back once it's fixed.