Ramses

• 3 months later...

Despite my bad experience with first part I given last night it a try. And I must say that this game is a good improvement. Weapons at last handle properly, and I like that they included stealth mechanic and non lethal take outs. But there is question about it, does non lethal take outs matter? For example it will improve my standings with faction or something? I ask because as fun as it is some times I have urge to go out gun blazing but then my brain says don't do it you will miss something.

You don't really miss anything by going guns blazing versus sneak kills. 

However, "You DO" gain points by using non-lethal take-downs and by avoiding killing anyone completely.  Get enough points and you get the good ending.  I have not yet achieved the good ending in the two times I  played through as I just can't seem to mentally allow myself not to kill those who are begging for it.  :P

Despite my bad experience with first part I given last night it a try. And I must say that this game is a good improvement. Weapons at last handle properly, and I like that they included stealth mechanic and non lethal take outs. But there is question about it, does non lethal take outs matter? For example it will improve my standings with faction or something? I ask because as fun as it is some times I have urge to go out gun blazing but then my brain says don't do it you will miss something.

Effects the ending if you don't kill anyone, I fucking hate how they handled the whole good/bad ending.

Damn, I already killed few. So now there is no need for non lethal approach.

Depends on how far along in the game you are.  Apparently it takes freaking bunch of points to get the "good" ending.  I did all the items that are listed with the exception of the kills and still got the bad ending. 

I wasn't all that invested in the character anyway, so surviving isn't worth me not being able to kill folks.

Full list of point opportunities:  http://metrovideogame.wikia.com/wiki/Moral_Points

Scroll down to the metro last light section to see all the points and what act you get them in.

I too agree that the points approach and how they are handled sucks.

I must say that I can't say my opinion on the points system (although i will say that, no, most points are gained by looking around and paying very close attention to your surroundings [some of this must be done through stealth] not the moral decisions [although those do factor in])I guess i didnt like how much was changed, so I'm glad they kept that the same

Archived