Past games you know are bad/black sheep but still enjoy,

Well... its a topic about games you know in your heart are crap but in a guilty pleasure sense can't help but enjoy. Even to this day.

For me one of many examples of games that were flawed and aged even worse is Drakkhen for the SNES. That game was seriously flawed and aged even worse. And yet I played it a lot ton during the 90s. I don't know why, maybe it was just I found the lore so alluring. These days if I'm going to revisit Drakkhen I'd rather play the superior Amiga or PC versions, but the SNES version (especially its music) holds a special place in my heart.

As for black sheep my favorite is Zelda 2. Of all the Zelda games that is the one I keep coming back to. I usually do a playthrough at least once a year. Its one of my favorite game and one I'd love to develop an indie game that captures its simple yet hardcore charm.

Well, Command & Conquer Remastered was released last friday (including both Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert), and that is pretty shitty compared to modern RTS games. Pathfinding is a joke, at least one V2 launcher will suicide into a defensive structure if you command them as a group, units do not auto attack if an enemy is outside their range, half of soviet subs die of friendly fire, the others are insta-killed by allied destroyers... ?‍♂️

Not to mention the design of some of the missions.

And i had the same thoughts back in the original. And i first played Red Alert on Playstation, so it was even worse!

At least the music, and the remastered music (remastered by the original composer) still kicks all kinds of ass :cool:

Also, The Surge games are considered poor man's Dark Souls, but i as heretic consider them more fun than Dark Souls. Yes, even the first one.  It has some ideas that IMO are better done than DS but, objectively looking, it sucks compared to DS.