First off, sorry if this is the wrong forum, I couldn't find an appropriate one specifically for Devious Devices gameplay tips.

The mods I have for adding DD devices are Deviously Enchanted Chests, Naked Dungeons and Devious Lore.

Anyway, a mage defeated me while I was on the run to retrieve my stuff from a bandit, and put a red ebonite armbinder on me (via ND's defeat mechanism). Okay, so how to get it off?

- Trying to remove it gives me the options to take off, struggle or endure. Taking off does nothing of course and struggling says that I resolve to find a different way to escape.

- Keep struggling? Doesn't seem to change anything.

- Pick the lock or cut it with DL's struggle minigame? It doesn't activate for this armbinder.

- Go to a guard for help (DL)? He removes everything except the armbinder. Try again? Same result.

- Ask a friend or follower for help (DL)? They don't see a way to get it off.

- Give friend/follower a restraints key and ask again? Still don't see a way to get it off.

- Maybe a blacksmith can help? He doesn't want trouble with the guards.

- Befriend Adrianne Avenicci and then ask for help? She says her tools aren't strong enough to cut it.

- Give Adrianne a key as well? Still a problem with her tools.

So, any tips? Is there something left that I have overlooked? Should I just keep trying some of the options? I remember finding sharp items on a previous test run but I believe that's from Cursed Loot, which isn't active for this male character.

loadorder.txt plugins.txt

Copied your LO over

Spoiler

# Automatically generated by Vortex
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Modders Patch.esp
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Devious Devices For Him.esp
Devious Devices - BRRF.esp
Devious Devices - Struggle Idles Patch.esp
Devious Lore.esp
Inigo.esp
Laura's Bondage Shop.esp
ajd_morekhajiit.esp
UIExtensions.esp
DisableHDREffects_MCM.esp
RaceMenu.esp
SkyUI.esp
SOSRaceMenu.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
RaceMenuMorphsCOS.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp
FNIS.esp
SLAnimLoader.esp
GagSFX.esp
GagSFXDawnguard.esp
GagSFXDragonborn.esp
GagSFXHearthfires.esp
Devious Devices - Males Addon.esp
DD - BRRF_Patch - Cursed Loot.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp
Naked Dungeons.esp
Imaginator BETA.esp
dD Enchanted Chests.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
XPMSE.esp
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
DD - BRRF_Patch - Equip.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
DD - BRRF_Patch - Laura.esp

7 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Devious Devices - Struggle Idles Patch.esp
Devious Lore.esp

Devious Devices - BRRF.esp

Devious Devices For Him.esp

DL, BRRF and "DD for him" all effect DDi mechanics.

There might be a conflict now on your Setup and only the last one in LO wins

also can you check:

> do you get the struggle animations from the DL minigame?

> dD Enchanted Chests: does the MCM work and can you change settings? (there was a conflict with older BRRF versions on my setup)

47 minutes ago, tekuusne said:

red ebonite armbinder

do you see it still it still in inventory?

Pick the lock or cut it with DL's struggle minigame? It doesn't activate for this armbinder.

That's bad, I guess your mod combo conflicts with DL.

Maybe it helps too move DL down in your LO or DL needs a patch for BRRF and DD for him (I see DD for him is also rather old "June 7, 2018", it might help to make sure everything in LO wins over it => all DD for him plugins high in LO)

DL and the DD struggle patch are too far up in LO to win against all your DD modifications => a bashed patch might help with those

Also I would place the DD struggle patch below DL

Ask a friend or follower for help (DL)? They don't see a way to get it off.

Yes, if DL can't recognize the armbinder as standard DD it can't be removed by DL-

- Maybe a blacksmith can help? He doesn't want trouble with the guards.

lol yes I have the same issue.

I guess you need to have a better relationship with those blacksmiths to get help.

@Code Serpent build in a condition that isn't easily revealed.

7 minutes ago, tekuusne said:

Wow that's a lot to digest, let me take a look and get back to you later ?

I can understand that.

With the mods you use I would have a hard time to get the right LO too.

Especially with DL, because it changes a lot on those DDs and you do that already with all your other DD mods too.

I hope another male/DD/DL/Furry lover can help out here with his experience =D

On 5/31/2020 at 7:09 PM, donttouchmethere said:

I hope another male/DD/DL/Furry lover can help out here with his experience =D

Well, maybe I am the only one. Who knows?

I did quite a bit of testing and I think it's very likely DD For Him that is to blame. I don't think it has anything to do with BRRF since that only changes headgear and even then only the way they sit on the head (as far as I understand it). I fiddled with the load order as well and tried doing a bashed patch, but I don't think that had much effect.

>do you get the struggle animations from the DL minigame?

>dD Enchanted Chests: does the MCM work and can you change settings? (there was a conflict with older BRRF versions on my setup)

>do you see it (red ebonite armbinder) still in inventory?

Yes, yes and yes. I mean everything seemed to work properly, apart from the armbinder which wouldn't give the usual escape dialogue but rather what I think is an old version which is no longer used or supported, but which DD For Him somehow brings back for the armbinders. I believe you had to struggle several times to get the binder to "loosen" before you could escape, but the escape dialogue has since been revamped and this does nothing.

So here's what I did (tl;dr starts):

Changed to my female Vortex profile, which has pretty much the same mods except I disabled DD For Him -related things. Then I went to Laura's shop and bought a bunch of different armbinders and elbowbinders and they all worked, I could use the struggle minigame or the regular escape options just fine.

Changed back to the male profile, with DD For Him enabled. Went to Laura's shop and the selection was slighty different. For example, the female got a Black Leather Armbinder, but the male got a Black Armbinder with leather mentioned in its description. And if I equipped anything that ended in Armbinder, it would give me the old escape dialogue and thus would be stuck on. Elbowbinders however worked correctly!

Tested with DEC quite a bit as well (like at least 50 times). It reliably equips an elbowbinder or the occasional yoke, and the struggle minigame is available every time. The only time I can't use it is with mittens or straitjackets, which remove lockpicks from the inventory (probably working as intended there). Some of the straitjackets make my body invisible. All in all no problems with this mod.

Also tested with ND's defeat system and it reliably equips an armbinder, thus getting you stuck. This is a problem of course.

Then I thought what the hey, went into DD For Him with TES5Edit and removed everything that had "armbinder" in its name. Now Laura's inventory was the same as with the female character, although the armbinders were invisible on the male. But the escape options worked and of course elbowbinders still worked.

Then I thought what the hey hey and did the same for DDi, DDe and DDa. No more armbinders for him! They were gone from Laura's inventory, with the side effect that if you ask Laura to tie you up with an armbinder, nothing happens. Perhaps she never heard of elbowbinders? Another side effect is that ND's defeat system doesn't equip a binder either.

I believe the game is playable now. I can get heavy restraints from DEC, while ND's defeat just skips the arm stuff. And everything should be escapeable. Armbinders are gone but eh, I guess I'll live without them. Actually I should test DL's packages as well, I haven't really gotten into that mod yet.

I wish I knew how to make or edit mods properly, because I pretty much know what I'd like to do, just not how to do it. Basically edit DD For Him so that the armbinder operations are copied from the elbowbinder ones, since they do work. That's beyond my skills though.

Heh, I didn't notice at first that you were the one who wrote that conglomerate. I studied that quite a bit when I was putting my modded game setup together, so thanks for the help earlier as well :D

42 minutes ago, tekuusne said:

Heh, I didn't notice at first that you were the one who wrote that conglomerate. I studied that quite a bit when I was putting my modded game setup together, so thanks for the help earlier as well

If it helped = all the better =D

42 minutes ago, tekuusne said:

BRRF

I would like to add that to my Setup for all those gagged Khajiit ?

If I read you right that can be done without the fear of messing up DD 4.3 mods

Also good work there with testing.

Devices for him is rather old and could conflict (will conflict) with the newer DDi 4.3 mechanics.

Not unexpected. I guess it doesn't mess up elbowbinders, because those didn't exist than Devices for him was last updated.

DDi 4.3 Yokes and Armbinders have a new "heavy bondage" tag added that "devices for him" lacks and if DFH is added to an LO with DDi 4.3 will conflict.

Nacked Dungeons was never updated to DDi 4.3 either, thus can't remove armbinders or any device with the new "heavy bondage" tag.

2 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

I would like to add that to my Setup for all those gagged Khajiit ?

If I read you right that can be done without the fear of messing up DD 4.3 mods

Uhh don't ask me, I've only been doing this for two weeks :D

I haven't noticed anything going wrong except for this armbinder issue, and I also believe it is unrelated to BRRF. The female side of my game has been working smoothly I think.

Devices for him is rather old and could conflict (will conflict) with the newer DDi 4.3 mechanics.

Not unexpected. I guess it doesn't mess up elbowbinders, because those didn't exist than Devices for him was last updated.

DDi 4.3 Yokes and Armbinders have a new "heavy bondage" tag added that "devices for him" lacks and if DFH is added to an LO with DDi 4.3 will conflict.

Nacked Dungeons was never updated to DDi 4.3 either, thus can't remove armbinders or any device with the new "heavy bondage" tag.

Okay but this just raises more questions in my mind. Like how do the elbowbinders show on my guy at all, if DFH predates them? Surely DD itself has no male support.

The heavy bondage stuff, hmm. Maybe I just haven't seen any yet? Are they escapeable or do you need to visit a blacksmith? I wonder if I'm going to run into a snag later on somewhere, if NL indeed doesn't let me out of them.

In any case I just started a test game and I'm going to play it until I come up to a hiccup of some kind. So far it's going well (screenshot related)

shut up arvel.jpg

1 hour ago, tekuusne said:

Like how do the elbowbinders show on my guy at all, if DFH predates them?

all DD work on male unless they are effected by bodyslide, and if they are it fixes it for males (for example hobble skirts will be invisible on your male PC, because they are new)

what DFH does it to fit the armbinders n stuff better to the male body?

did you know about that one?:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5998-devious-devices-for-him-reboot/

or is tha the newest anyways?

all DD work on male unless they are effected by bodyslide, and if they are it fixes it for males (for example hobble skirts will be invisible on your male PC, because they are new)

what DFH does it to fit the armbinders n stuff better to the male body?

So the elbowbinder isn't a bodyslide item, but armbinders are? And how would it fix anything for males, isn't bodyslide only for female bodies? Please excuse my confusion, I'm still trying to get my head around what does what and where.

As far as I know DFH Reboot is the newest, it's the one I'm using anyway. And it's definitely doing something because when I disabled it just now, pretty much everything equipped on his body went invisible.

20 minutes ago, tekuusne said:

That .esp does indeed seem to fix the armbinder problems. Where did it come from? I thought I had the latest DDFH Reboot already, "DD For Him (Reboot 3.0) June 7, 2018.7z"

Reboot just hasn't been updated properly, I guess.