Regarding my Mediafire uploads

Hey guys! Broken Mirror here! Or mega000200 before my name change.

So many of you may have noticed that many mediafire links are not working and the ones in my signature is no exception. It seems like the files are only downloadable if you are the uploader yourself.

So regarding my uploads...

I have switched over to a different file host. Well, two to be exact.

I have switched to zippyshare.com and mega.co.nz.

I am currently in the process of re-downloading all of my files from mediafire and it may take a while. For now, please hang in there while I try to re-locate all of my files since I can't bulk download because I do not have a premium account on mediafire.

Thanks for reading and for your patience!

*Note: This post will be updated when I have the time.
[spoiler=Previous Edits]
Edit 1 (2013/24/2 4:06pm EST): I have finished downloading all my mediafire files and am now in the process of uploading them to my zippyshare and my mega.co.nz file hosts.

Edit 2 (2013/24/2 6:31pm EST): I have finished uploading my files onto zippyshare.com. I'm still waiting on mega.co.nz. Will be back later.

Edit 3 (2013/24/2 10:06pm EST): The uploads for mega.co.nz has finished. I will start changing my links and my signature to direct to both sites by late tomorrow morning.

Edit 4 (2013/25/2 4:35pm EST): I'm still in class but I have just checked my e-mail. Apparently Mediafire has decided to delete 27% of all of my files. This includes both mods and otherwise. I am very, very, glad I got all my files downloaded and re-uploaded on other file hosts.

Edit 5 (2013/26/2 10:25pm EST): I'm working on the signatures at the moment. It'll be done in the next couple of days. Sorry for the delay, I'm a busy student so schoolwork comes first.

Edit 6 (2013/27/2 11:00pm EST): Well my signatures are done. But, the problem is that I can't share my mod folder on mega.co.nz. Please read this: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/2861-what-mod-is-this/?p=324720. I have not yet decided if I want to use gmail and Google Drive yet. I may, but time will tell. Sorry for the inconvenience everybody!

Edit 7 (2013/1/3 8:21pm EST): Hey guys, it's been a while since my last update but here you go! My files uploaded on Google Drive for the moment while I try to sort things out. Also, to all those using mega, can you pm me your emails so I can add you all to my permissions list? I'm waiting for mega to come out with a sort of public folder share option.

Google Drive: https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0Bwe34c3VxxisNl9WZGRWd3g2SFE/edit?usp=sharing

Glad you got your stuff out. Not sure how they can just delete things with no warning maybe because they know everyone's going to just move their stuff and their going to become a ghost site.

Yea, I'm glad too. Now that I'm back home, gotta finish up some schoolwork and then fix my signature to link to both my mega.co.nz and my zippyshare folders.

We're not the only one with this problem, as everyone using the service are up in arms while the company is cleansweeping in the wake of the MU fallout. Also, an unused MF account means they'll probably clean it up without you knowing, to make way for paid accounts (or force you to subscribe to their paid service).

Asides from changing filehosts, the solutions are (1) not to use obvious, full filenames (2) always keep the account open by logging in everyday. Yeah, right now I'm checking my account just to be sure.

Okay, I checked my MF account and one of my files, an MP3 with a obfuscated filename, got tagged as "copyrighted", so I deleted it. Looks like they're using search bots (as with Youtube) that looks into every file (dunno if these are also capable of peering into a compressed file) and checks against a CRC footprint database of copyrighted material. Renaming didn't help this time.

It means that unless the user is some media producer or corporates who could afford the premium and/or control IP licenses, the ordinary civilian can't even upload remixed songs. What a chilling effect MF truly makes.

(Offtopic: sooner or later a military war could erupt over, of all things, intellectual property.)

Archived