CTD Selecting female Kahjiit/Argonian when starting a new game

Been a while since I played Skyrim, decided to come back and try SE since there's been enough times for most of the mods I use to be ported.

Modlist/load order: https://modwat.ch/u/cweez2/plugins

Per the title, I'm crashing if I try to select an Argonian/Kahjiit character at character select. Initially I assumed it was a conflict between 3B and the Skins I had been using )Feminine Khajiit/Argonian from nexus), so I grabbed Flawn's Argonians from here and kept the khajiit stock, but they both still CTD on selecting. It does show looking normal for a split second before the CTD. Also, I can select males just fine, it's just if I set it to female that it CTD's.

Selecting a 'regular' race I was able to enter the Another Start area fine, walk around, etc. Didn't try doing too much, since I'm pretty sure that whichever start I select I'll probably end up in a cell with a khajiit or argonian in which would crash the game again. And I don't see what mods I have that would only affect these two races while not crashing the others.

I've run the load order through loot, and I'm 95% sure I have everything in the correct order on the left side of MO2's layout. I've also run the update and DLC's through SSEEdit auto edit and done wahtever that does for them. Glad of any suggestions that could try and fix the crash. Thanks in advance!

52 minutes ago, coolfreaky said:

i would post directly in his topic and ask there for help he knows his mod better than any : https://www.loverslab.com/topic/124148-flawns-argonians-february-2020/page/14/

Thanks, but since this also happens with base game Khajiit, I don't think flawn's mod has anything to do with it. When I get the chance I'll disable that mod anyway and re-run all the fnis and bodyslide, but I'm 99% sure it can't be that mod since it wouldn't touch khajiit bodies.

1 hour ago, coolfreaky said:

i presume that you need to verify with Xedit what mod can possibly conflict with argonians and khajiit  ( body textures, meshes , skeleton , cloth , tail ) .

I don't suppose there's a guide on how to do that, is there? Would be helpful for pinpointing which mods to try disabling to see which fixes it.

it can be anything from file that where put by inadvertance into another to a reel mod conflict ; Xedit will tell you what mod overwrite (conflict) but not on scripts or on a folder , you can look at M O left side and if the folder is overwritten by something else .

the best choice ( i think ) is to reinstall all : as you do not have a lot of mods , take screenshots of your M O launched with all the folders activated . and delete everything in the virtual folder then install your mods one by one with dependencies and each time verify if your game launches and you can actually choose different race (male / female). ( you might need to delete SKSE folder and reinstall it.

good luck

Well, through a whole host of process of elimination, the problem was with the mod 'Breast weight painted hair SE'. Nothing on the Nexus page which would say why it would conflict, and no clue why it only affected those two races, but hey, at least the game runs!

Thanks for your help though!