How do I properly use sexbound?

How do I use sexbound properly, as every time I try to use it, it doesn't work properly, I only have mods that are up to date, along with that, I only had very basic non-sexbound related mods, that being "cutebound", instant crafting, and one that adds better hair styles.
I am very confused, as really, I don't know what could be causing these issues, anyone know how to fix this?
I just want to be able to use the mod, looking through the log file has shown me nothing that would help me figure this out either.

25 minutes ago, sonotink said:

How do I use sexbound properly, as every time I try to use it, it doesn't work properly, I only have mods that are up to date, along with that, I only had very basic non-sexbound related mods, that being "cutebound", instant crafting, and one that adds better hair styles.
I am very confused, as really, I don't know what could be causing these issues, anyone know how to fix this?
I just want to be able to use the mod, looking through the log file has shown me nothing that would help me figure this out either.

Well, we maybe able to help, and you already know about log files so that makes life easier. If you can toss one here i can take a look, just beware it's not easy to tell what mods are up-to-date and which aren't at times, and it maybe easy to install a bad one. The error and mod-list being in the log however make things pretty clear.

3 hours ago, sonotink said:

can do
backed it up in case you needed it.

starbound-backup.log 64.03 kB · 0 downloads

...? I don't see anything... Like, no error, no anything, just a ton of errors about previous characters not being able to load.

To be clear, you're talking about using the aphrodite's bow, using;
/spawnitem imbuedaphroditesbow
Then you shoot an NPC, and they turn into a node, yes?
Then you interact with it using E, and then interacting with the UI? Run me through what doesn't work.

Nothing like, happens, at all, there's no sprites, and the previous ones are likely due to the fact that the previous characters are made for a modpack, that is for just playing starbound, without anything NSFW.
which is why I'm confused, the menu's for sexbound don't seem to load, and the animations that should play, aren't appearing. 
Let me make an example real quick,
image.png.048722f22b644b4488823f593e7bc9db.png

Here, what happens, the menu pops up, but the sprites for the animations are invisible.
I don't think I forgot to install anything??

[sorry for the shitty example drawing, just trying to show an example of what happens.]

1 hour ago, sonotink said:

Here's some screenshots of what happens in game.
Along with the log of those events.

Alright, now i got some real errors to work with lol

Firstly, running "Sexbound VisualFuta" is deprecated/outdated, it doesn't do anything with the current version other than cause issues since the futanari functionality is now in the base API. Recommend removing that.
Second, the error is odd. It is using new functions but causing a "Null value exception", maybe related to using the above mod, but since i haven't manually verified if GFY works for Sexbound 3.14, i can't tell you if it's something outdated in the mod or just the above causing problems. Will double-check and return to you.

And Third, don't be ashamed of your drawing skills lmao, they're not bad for a rushed little example. Heck, have you seen my avatar on the left there?

• 7 months later...

thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you,

you should add this to the FAQ.

i been having a headache since none of the animations seemed to work but as soon as i got rid of SexboundFutanari_v2.8.3 all animations show up and everting else woks fine for me

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/22/2020 at 1:08 AM, red3dred said:

...? I don't see anything... Like, no error, no anything, just a ton of errors about previous characters not being able to load.

Then you interact with it using E, and then interacting with the UI? Run me through what doesn't work.

hi im having a similer issue. but they dont go invisible. it just plays a noise and nothing happens. once i interact with the UI that is

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/21/2020 at 10:08 PM, red3dred said:

no npcs are becoming nodes

for me

Edited by fireburner00
7 hours ago, fireburner00 said:

no npcs are becoming nodes

for me

Gonna need a log for that one, chief.

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

Ok so, I shoot the NPC with Aphrodite's bow, the hearts appear, the NPC becomes nude, but when I try to start an animation, nothing happens. Idk if its something i'm doing or whatever, i've tried everything.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this problem too!
When I try to do any sexbound interactions, not only is it invisible, but nothing happens!
Not even the orgasm bar is activated!
It's like when you lie on a table to initiate sex, but no one comes to you, and you lie there waiting, only in this case, you're not there either!
Also, when I leave the interaction, the panel doesn't show up again and I have to break the item and put it back in order to use it again!image.png.373486c60cb8724aef23027b2e27063c.pngimage.png.e25c698cf33fc7cc68c78ca23d66ec6b.png

starbound.log.1

and I don't have Sexbound VisualFuta installed

starbound.log.2

Edited by Salomão69
3 hours ago, Salomão69 said:

I have this problem too!
When I try to do any sexbound interactions, not only is it invisible, but nothing happens!
Not even the orgasm bar is activated!
It's like when you lie on a table to initiate sex, but no one comes to you, and you lie there waiting, only in this case, you're not there either!
Also, when I leave the interaction, the panel doesn't show up again and I have to break the item and put it back in order to use it again!

starbound.log.1 27.48 kB · 0 downloads

and I don't have Sexbound VisualFuta installed

starbound.log.2 27.48 kB · 0 downloads

You may not have VisualFuta, but Auto-Dildos is also outdated and will cause similar issues.

> 'Sexbound_Auto_Dildos' at '..\mods\Sexbound Auto Dildos 1.01.pak'

I'd recommend removing the mod for now.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fireburner00 said:

heres my log files for my game

While none of these are the "correct" log, i'll see what i can find.

You have a (few?) mods that cause issues with Sexbound, namely:

Detected asset source named 'Npc_Drops_All_Gear' at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\2795538152\contents.pak'
Detected asset source named 'randgenblshields' at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\2064881027\contents.pak'

"NPC Drops All Gear" overwrites Sexbound from NPCs, thus essentially removing it from the game.
"Borderlands Shields" overwrites "Damage Taken" script, more than likely will break Defeat.

Also:

• Several still compacted mods:
    "Sexbound Cuter Felin", "Sexbound PoV Addon for custom races", "Get rid of that underwear".
  • Unfinished mod download:
    'Unconfirmed 256375.crdownload'
  • Mods that may be installed incorrectly:
    "NekiSxB" and "Statue of Dibella" both aren't being recognized by the game.
On 7/21/2022 at 1:57 AM, red3dred said:

"NPC Drops All Gear" overwrites Sexbound from NPCs, thus essentially removing it from the game.
"Borderlands Shields" overwrites "Damage Taken" script, more than likely will break Defeat.

I just got into "NPC Drops Gear" conflicting with SxB API yesterday. Curiously, it mutes Nodes of armed NPCs. I noticed that merchants and other bare-hand/zero DR entities Node as intended.

• 10 months later...

starbound.logHi there, having an issue where character and enemy just freeze in place, wheel of positions sometimes comes up and when it does, it's completely empty. This is my first time with sexbound, I'm not sure if I did anything wrong on install. I don't have too many mods though..

1 hour ago, kastian said:

starbound.logHi there, having an issue where character and enemy just freeze in place, wheel of positions sometimes comes up and when it does, it's completely empty. This is my first time with sexbound, I'm not sure if I did anything wrong on install. I don't have too many mods though..

Using Sexbound Reborn with outdated Terato-cutscenes does that. The "Updated" version for Reborn starts with "SxB" in the downloads of that mod.

Hey all. I'm having a similar issue to the one posted above, where actors just freeze upon attempting to turn them into nodes. With Aphrodite's Bow, they freeze and kind of turn into objects of themselves, which is just bizarre. And in node beds they straight-up vanish when they try to use them. Additionally, my own character is invisible until I leave the node and the UI is typically nowhere to be seen. I've tried many different things and read the log many times, but I'm not very good at reading code stuff so I thought I'd ask for some help with this one. In all likelihood, I'm missing something that's blatantly obvious, but either way, I can't seem to fix this myself. I'll include a couple of my logs. PS: I've started using Sexbound Reborn, and I wasn't having these problems with old Sexbound.

starbound.log starbound2.log

Edited by EggLoaf