2 hours ago, grey2121 said:

I cant seem to select this mod under my mod list as it doesnt appear. Does it happen for other people too or is it the my ver of ck2 is corrupted? When i subscribe to new mods via workshop in CK2 it appears in my modlist tho~ Anyone can help me?

extract the compressed file so the ".MOD" file is in the \mod folder, that's how the game locate mods.

10 minutes ago, borkenone said:

extract the compressed file so the ".MOD" file is in the \mod folder, that's how the game locate mods.

I have extracted the file but it doesnt have a .mod folder. I dont locate a .mod folder within the folder called maximus portraits too.

aw.png

3 hours ago, grey2121 said:

I have extracted the file but it doesnt have a .mod folder. I dont locate a .mod folder within the folder called maximus

A ".mod" File not a .mod folder, I downloaded the file again and the .mod file is clearly there:

13001.png
Also, from the look of it, you put the mod in "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II"

That's wrong.
Put then in "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod"
If there's not a mod folder, make one.

Can i confirm with someone who played this mod that there's a setting in the game rules? I can't seem to find it to enable it/ find any female characters that has maximus potraits after i have started the game, I have enabled the mod on with base game+all dlcs. Below is a screenshot of the game rules. 

waw.png

3 hours ago, grey2121 said:

Can i confirm with someone who played this mod that there's a setting in the game rules? I can't seem to find it to enable it/ find any female characters that has maximus potraits after i have started the game, I have enabled the mod on with base game+all dlcs. Below is a screenshot of the game rules. 

20 hours ago, grey2121 said:

aw.png

from the look of this picture, you have more than just this mod, yet it seems that you don't see any of those in the game rules.

Are you still putting the mods in "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II"?

Like I said it's wrong.
Put then in "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod", if there's not a "mod" folder, create one.

Okay... but I am not sure why there's a "gfx" and "map" folder there, but whatever.

So, inside your Maximus Portraits folder, is there another "Maximus Portraits" folder that has the content? Or is there just the content?

You don't want two layers of "Maximus Portraits" folders if that's the case. If not, then I don't know what's going on, sorry.

I have a very interesting bug I'd like to report.
I noticed that whenever a character using byzantine 30 portrait got assigned as commander, her portrait would change into byzantine 29 for some reason, and it'd turn back into byzantine 30 once she's relieved of her duty.
20200811224059_1.png.4860677f823612301233fa2ceb82dd58.png

20200811225256_1.png.aec46756b0b54135a2c2cc6efa560a31.png

As far as I know, this only happens with byzantine 30, I don't know why, the only thing I replaced was the dds file.
And yea, I have taken the liberality of replacing the portrait dds files, hope you don't mind,
Here's the image in case I got the number wrong:
gfx_maximus_portraits_byzantine_female2.png.4c00dfb0bb2b31b05169025e7f4cd0af.png

On 8/11/2020 at 11:06 AM, borkenone said:

I have a very interesting bug I'd like to report.
I noticed that whenever a character using byzantine 30 portrait got assigned as commander, her portrait would change into byzantine 29 for some reason, and it'd turn back into byzantine 30 once she's relieved of her duty.
20200811224059_1.png.4860677f823612301233fa2ceb82dd58.png

20200811225256_1.png.aec46756b0b54135a2c2cc6efa560a31.png

As far as I know, this only happens with byzantine 30, I don't know why, the only thing I replaced was the dds file.
And yea, I have taken the liberality of replacing the portrait dds files, hope you don't mind,
Here's the image in case I got the number wrong:
gfx_maximus_portraits_byzantine_female2.png.4c00dfb0bb2b31b05169025e7f4cd0af.png

Sorry for taking forever to get to you on this one, I've been working on another mod.

I can't seem to be able to replicate your problem... can you tell me what other mods you may be using? Since you changed the DDS yourself, I might not be able to assist you much. I just tried to do it myself, by having selective portraits as the game rule, and then adding the traits manually to a commander. Her portrait remained the same throughout being put into service and then standing down.

6 hours ago, Venom_Maximus said:

Sorry for taking forever to get to you on this one, I've been working on another mod.

I can't seem to be able to replicate your problem... can you tell me what other mods you may be using? Since you changed the DDS yourself, I might not be able to assist you much. I just tried to do it myself, by having selective portraits as the game rule, and then adding the traits manually to a commander. Her portrait remained the same throughout being put into service and then standing down.

It's okay, it's not like this is really a serious problem, I just found it more amusing than anything, and wonder if the cause could be identified.
And here are the other mods I am running with yours:
Immersive Religious Holdings  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2070148372

Seduction and Romance Revamped  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1568913112&searchtext=seduction+

pedrocest  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73533-mod-pedrocest/?tab=comments#comment-1818276

No More Inbred  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/104352-mod-no-more-inbred/?tab=comments#comment-2318946

Cheri  Free Love  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/126497-mod-free-love/?tab=comments#comment-2695887

Get intimate with  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/140914-mod-get-intimate-with/

3 hours ago, borkenone said:

It's okay, it's not like this is really a serious problem, I just found it more amusing than anything, and wonder if the cause could be identified.
And here are the other mods I am running with yours:
Immersive Religious Holdings  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2070148372

Seduction and Romance Revamped  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1568913112&searchtext=seduction+

pedrocest  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73533-mod-pedrocest/?tab=comments#comment-1818276

No More Inbred  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/104352-mod-no-more-inbred/?tab=comments#comment-2318946

Cheri  Free Love  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/126497-mod-free-love/?tab=comments#comment-2695887

Get intimate with  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/140914-mod-get-intimate-with/

Just looking at them, I don't think any of these would really mess with my own portrait traits or interface stuff. It's definitely an odd bug... if you start to think it's a real issue, I can try to get to work on fixing it.

Beyond that, new update coming soon. Finally adding something big.

I think there is an error in the event file, string 167 (missing "=" sign):

limit = {
                OR = {
                    graphical_culture = berbergfx
                    graphical_culture = egyptiangfx
                    graphical_culture = levantinegfx
                    graphical_culture = arabicgfx
                    graphical_culture = andalusiangfx
                    culture_group arabic
                }
            }

13 hours ago, Tyralion11 said:

I think there is an error in the event file, string 167 (missing "=" sign):

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. That was back when I still was using culture_groups and not graphical_cultures.

It's harmless but I'm going to get rid of it in the next hotfix.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Mikarun said:

I'm kind of afraid to ask, but why are all the Israelite males femboys?

Honestly surprised it took this long for someone to bring it up lol

It's two things. One, an inside joke between me and some of my friends, and two, every single culture kind of has this one appearance they're meant to hit. Finns are majority white-hair, Byzantines have crimson-hair, etc etc.

I made the decision to go along with a friend's joking suggestion that I make all the Israelite males femboys because there was no other culture that had only femboys.

On 9/25/2020 at 1:53 PM, Venom_Maximus said:

Honestly surprised it took this long for someone to bring it up lol

It's two things. One, an inside joke between me and some of my friends, and two, every single culture kind of has this one appearance they're meant to hit. Finns are majority white-hair, Byzantines have crimson-hair, etc etc.

I made the decision to go along with a friend's joking suggestion that I make all the Israelite males femboys because there was no other culture that had only femboys.

Yeah, the hair color themes were noticeable, and you gave the Israelites purple hair. I guess I'm just curious why the Israelites specifically wound up being the femboy lineage.

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 2/27/2021 at 11:54 PM, OracularDwarf said:

i was wondering what may cause the game to stutter to a unplayable level after each day passes even when i only have the mod installed or with other mods it seams to stem from some event but im not sure what could be causing it 

In case this happens to anyone else and they want a solution, I'm pretty sure there's an event fires too often to check if characters that fires too often or at the very least it might fail and get hung up repeating the event considering in one game I played for a long while despite the lag I started to see characters with no portraits assigned showing up.

I did somewhat fix it myself at one point, comparing my files to the mod it seems like deleting this line from the event file helped with the lag though based on the comment you'll probably end up with a few characters not getting portraits when starting a new game every now and then.
if = {
            limit = {
                NOT = { has_global_flag = maximus_portrait_seconds_pulse }
            }
            set_global_flag = maximus_portraits_second_pulse
            character_event = { id = MaximusPortraits.10 days = 1 } # Do it again after a delay in case we don't catch some people. Looking at you Elders
        }

Edited by SOMEGUY789
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2022 at 4:13 AM, SOMEGUY789 said:

In case this happens to anyone else and they want a solution, I'm pretty sure there's an event fires too often to check if characters that fires too often or at the very least it might fail and get hung up repeating the event considering in one game I played for a long while despite the lag I started to see characters with no portraits assigned showing up.

I did somewhat fix it myself at one point, comparing my files to the mod it seems like deleting this line from the event file helped with the lag though based on the comment you'll probably end up with a few characters not getting portraits when starting a new game every now and then.
if = {
            limit = {
                NOT = { has_global_flag = maximus_portrait_seconds_pulse }
            }
            set_global_flag = maximus_portraits_second_pulse
            character_event = { id = MaximusPortraits.10 days = 1 } # Do it again after a delay in case we don't catch some people. Looking at you Elders
        }

actually looks like a typo, no? seconds vs second. That might explain. I just discovered this mod now but i'd just "fix" it by changing both of the flag names to the same thing

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2022 at 9:17 AM, dunnosomerandomname said:

actually looks like a typo, no? seconds vs second. That might explain. I just discovered this mod now but i'd just "fix" it by changing both of the flag names to the same thing

Yeah that would probably be it because it would be doing the check on every npc indefinitely as the flag it's checking for would never be applied I actually never noticed the misspelling myself and probably just thought that it wasn't really necessary based on the comment attached to it and just removed that whole bit instead.