Creating Custom Sliders for Cmar Morphing Penis

Not sure what you want to make, as Cmar has a bunch of sliders for her morphing penis and morphing nipples posted on her blog. But, during my travels, I think I saw a tutorial on making sliders on MTS. Try googling "how to make sims 3 sliders". Once you sort through all the sims 4 stuff that will pop up, I'm sure you'll find both written and video tutorials on the subject. Good luck!

I specifically wanted to make a slider that would put a knot at the base of the penis, and I've been unable to find such a slider. And I know how to make sliders for normal things, I just haven't been able to figure out a way to get it to work with Cmar's penis.

Thanks for the reply though! I'm going to look into this more when I finish my current project.

On 5/12/2020 at 8:55 PM, JayFoxie said:

I specifically wanted to make a slider that would put a knot at the base of the penis, and I've been unable to find such a slider. And I know how to make sliders for normal things, I just haven't been able to figure out a way to get it to work with Cmar's penis.

Thanks for the reply though! I'm going to look into this more when I finish my current project.

Sliders basically change the length/width of 'bones' in a mesh. Without those bones, there is nothing for the slider to affect, which means no slider could be created. Now there are things called morphs, which in the Sims 3 generally affect the build of a sim and need to be considered when making clothing, but that's a different thing from the 'bones', but still use the concept of a slider to change. I'm sure when using the various penis sliders you'll have noticed the actual shape does not remain consistent and warps the rest of the shape somewhat. 

More to investigate and perhaps the example one might work with. 

Right I've noticed how they work. I just can't find the base mesh to make the morph with. I understand the concept behind sliders and morphs and I know that it doesn't add or remove any vertices. I just want to make something that makes one part bigger by spacing out the vertices rather than affecting the whole mesh. Think thickness slider, but it only make the head larger.

Like feasibly, it should be possible, yes?

1 hour ago, JayFoxie said:

Right I've noticed how they work. I just can't find the base mesh to make the morph with. I understand the concept behind sliders and morphs and I know that it doesn't add or remove any vertices. I just want to make something that makes one part bigger by spacing out the vertices rather than affecting the whole mesh. Think thickness slider, but it only make the head larger.

Like feasibly, it should be possible, yes?

It would seem one could import the morphing penis into whatever you guys use to create meshes and then make the actual shape adjustment directly to the existing mesh. Obviously Cmar's instructions on treatment of her work would need to be respected if wanting to share, but for private use I find anything goes.

It sounds like to do what you want, you'd need to alter the mesh in a way to add a 2nd set of values which somehow don't 'break' from the first, just like the weight slider morph works for the body in general. The neck remains the same while the body just below it increases/decreases in size.

I personally don't mod, just been around long enough to understand how things work in the most primitive of ways, and my observations/suggestions are how I personally would start if I was attempting to do what you are. I.E. open up what has already been done, examine and understand it, then attempt my modifications and refine till the desired results are achieved. If I couldn't achieve it, then either I still don't understand it or had expectations beyond my understanding at the time. Science!

In this case - open the body to see how the morph works, then do the same with the penis and see if that same principle can be applied (or some variation).

Something to make you smile while figuring it out:

Screenshot-110.jpg.56dcc19b289e690e2e7b13e87cbaa274.jpg

>>>> Also: Don't be afraid to check other sections on this site for modding advice as long as you have a working knowledge of the tools, others probably may share insight. Many of the same techniques/tools are obviously shared when creating games, with subtle differences between them at the final stages (an image is still an image, even if some are jpg or png, etc.)

++++ Looking at my screenshot made me think: there are already 2 slider values right next to each other - penis AND balls. The balls are made smaller in this image, and I just happened to realize the angle at the bottom of the penis base reflects exactly what we're describing. Perhaps the penis shaft can be assigned the values/partial of the balls leaving the head to be only affected by the penis sliders. Just thinking outside the box at this point! (perhaps that angle reflects the penis morph playing nice with the body anchor?)

• 11 months later...
On 4/21/2021 at 10:24 PM, coldplayfan said:

one for the sims 4

A request on a Sims 4 request thread might be your best bet.

On 5/12/2020 at 8:55 PM, JayFoxie said:

a knot at the base of the penis, and I've been unable to find such a slider. And I know how to make sliders for normal things, I just haven't been able to figure out a way to get it to work with Cmar's penis.

Well, I missed this. A knot? Well, you have a lot of research to do, as from what I have read, Cmar's work was decades ahead of her time. I believe her sliders are a script based geom morph, so altering those would probably take a combination of a lot of reading (to figure out how she did it... then understand it), meshing, scripting, patience, testing, see 1 thru 4 several times, frustration and a bit of genius.

On 5/16/2020 at 11:42 AM, landess said:

Sliders basically change the length/width of 'bones' in a mesh.

Usually. But, I'm pretty sure Cmar basically "pioneered" (could be wrong) geom based sliders, which are actually more like the fat, fit, thin, special (pregnant) morphs, and work by moving the mesh vertices by a pre-determined algorithm. There's no "nipple" bone or "penis" bone, right? She created a special mesh and script for the sliders to work. Imagine Sims 3 without people like her! Barbie and Ken go to work and make a peanut baby some how!!! Why have Animated Woohoo, Passion or Kinky World? )))

99.99% of sliders move the bones, as they are universal to all meshes. But, things like the cleft chin slider and other facial sliders can be geom based as the game generates every head and the vertices are always in a standard EA position.