Animations are not showing up in game

I just downloaded WW and a few animationsn but when i start the game and the mod list shows up but there are only the 2 Turbodriver things that show up. When i want to make a playlist ingame with the animations i downloaded theire not showing up, could use some help.

Did you extract the animation packages? You'll only want .package and .ts4script files in your Mods folder, no .zip .rar or .whatever (there are a few exceptions to this, but only very few and animations are none of them).

Did you put them into the WW folder? You shouldn't do that. Create a folder specifically for animations within Mods.

How deep within Mods are the animation files? You shouldn't put any files more than one subfolder deep. "Mods/Animations" works, "Mods/someFolder/Animations" does not.

I didnt extract them i just drag and dropped the .package and .ts4scripte files. I have a separat folder in Mods one for WW and another one for animations, everything is only one subfolder deep.

I have downloaded the ones on ww site and when I clicked zorak (I believe) brought me back to this site and I scrolled to the bottom and clicked to next file to then install that animation too and so on... so only stuff from here and ww site.

As some kind of a "last resort" solution you could always try to start the game with only WickedWhims and the animations in your Mods folder (if you have any other mods, that is). Just move everything else out of Mods, delete "localthumbcache.package" found in "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4" and launch the game.

If that doesn't solve the issue, some ani pack might be broken - move all of them out of Mods and add them back in a few at a time to find the broken one.

If WW runs fine without any other mods active, add those other mods back in a few at a time to find the one that's causing your issue.

Remember to always delete "localthumbcache" after making changes to your Mods folder.

Well, guess it's time for the "tech support classics" then:

Delete the animations package(s) and download everything again. Maybe it was just a broken file.

Try other animation packs, preferrably those at the top of the list on WW's download page or those that were updated most recently. If these work, it's definitely a broken file.

Try using another browser to download the animations (now we're really entering classic tech support territory).

Perform an Origin repair of your game. This is pretty much the only thing you might not have tried yet at this point.

If it still doesn't work, follow the steps for cleaning your game save, including deep cleaning (https://wickedwhimsmod.com/help#/cleaning-game-save/), and also delete all animation packages (as well as "localthumbcache") - this pretty much wipes out all traces of WW. Start the game once, save it and then exit to make a fresh, new install of WW.

thanks for the help i tried using Firefox this time, didnt change. I mad a clean re install of WW, downloaded other packs didnt work and the Origin game Repair didnt do anything.

Guess i have to play with the base modell of the mod

49 minutes ago, justehis21 said:

my game version 1.27.80.1220

HOLY FUCKING FUCK!!! (sorry, but that game version is ANCIENT) Current game version is 1.62.something.

Update your game via Origin (right-click the game in your library and select the option to update) and WW will run smoothly again, if no other issues like mod conflicts are present.

7 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

HOLY FUCKING FUCK!!! (sorry, but that game version is ANCIENT) Current game version is 1.62.something.

Update your game via Origin (right-click the game in your library and select the option to update) and WW will run smoothly again, if no other issues like mod conflicts are present.

Lol so I checked again and my game version is actually 1.62.69.1220. Like I said above, I put the files directly into Mods and enabled scripts and custom content..any other ideas? 

17 hours ago, justehis21 said:

Lol so I checked again and my game version is actually 1.62.69.1220. Like I said above, I put the files directly into Mods and enabled scripts and custom content..any other ideas? 

Make a folder in Mods named Wicked and move ONLY the 2 TURBODRIVER files there.

Make another folder named Wicked Animations to put all the animation.package files.

Mods should only be script or package files.

Any other types of files like .zip, jpg, .txt, etc., should be deleted or moved out of Mods.

Check to make sure you have a resource.cfg file in your Mods folder.

It tells the game where to find the mods and it's usually created automatically when mods are enabled in game options. 

Archived