[mod] The Sexopolis Project and More [FINAL VERSION] [DEPRECIATED]

18 minutes ago, Saharalion said:

Weird, I can't reproduce that bug. Are you sure that you are on the latest version? I tried the two previous ones in 3.0 and the cum distiller worked.

Yeah, I made a download just this afternoon. There was only one actual mod download so I didn't do a Skyrim SE/Legacy screwup

Gestalt Consciousness, Tentacle origins, Brood Swarm

I didn't test with a gestalt consciousness. Explains why I didn't have the issue. Now I have an issue that the city district on tentacle planets does not give more building slots. Nevermind, it's because it wasn't compatible with my mod that adds building slots. I just had to increase the add_districts field of the planet in the mod files.

So the biggest bug I have seen so far is the total housing available on both the Sexopolis and the Tentacle planet is set to 24 which means that pop growth is negligible (at over a 1000 months) at the start of the game. Total housing should be somewhere over 100 

4 hours ago, Jhelpura said:

So the biggest bug I have seen so far is the total housing available on both the Sexopolis and the Tentacle planet is set to 24 which means that pop growth is negligible (at over a 1000 months) at the start of the game. Total housing should be somewhere over 100 

New pop system from the vanilla game u can tweak it to put it back like it was in 2.8 or keep it but with lower % to prevent less of pop grow malus. (i had a no pop grow at all .. i though it was from the new version of LW or sexopolis but noooope ... was Massive galaxy mod (need to remove the define file from it)

16 hours ago, Jhelpura said:

@Buttson117
Pretty sure its actually not housing but the "planet capacity" code or something related to it that is missing/incorrect since you don´t start with tons of excess housing normally either and you can still grow pops without massive amounts of extra housing.

3 hours ago, Tyrgalon said:

@Buttson117
Pretty sure its actually not housing but the "planet capacity" code or something related to it that is missing/incorrect since you don´t start with tons of excess housing normally either and you can still grow pops without massive amounts of extra housing.

Most of the mods that deal with megaprojects and their districts have been struggling with the new building/housing code it apears. For instansce this mod you start with A LOT of unlocked building slots which should not be. I am not versed enough to know how to fix it though, sorry.

On 4/20/2021 at 7:26 PM, Ree45 said:

Why can't my pops occupy Cum Distiller on my Tentacle homeworld?
Also tentacle homeworlds don't have the capability to make minerals or energy on their own?

Yeah I'm having the same issue too. I'm playing a Brood Swarm and invaded a planet of primitives, then moved them to my tentacle capital to fill the jobs, but they only fill milk dairy jobs, and the rest are livestock. I think it might have to do with the fact that GC can only have either livestock slaves, or assimilate entirely. It also seems that hive mind pops can't work the Distiller jobs either.

EDIT: I swapped the LV Job Check from

lv_worker_job_check_trigger = yes                 to                 lv_dairy_job_check_trigger = yes

That allowed Livestock to fill the distiller jobs, but the resource production seems a bit off. I don't really care enough to try patching up my quick fix, but if someone more acquainted with stellaris modding could make it a little more friendly with Hive Mind, that would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 7:05 AM, maverikno1 said:

Can someone upload the previous version of the mod. THE 2.5.1 version i need. I updated to the new version and i have some problems whit the UI and some other mods.

I'll go ahead and upload all the previous versions of the mod that I have archived

On 5/5/2021 at 3:27 PM, Samury24 said:

Thank you!

On 4/22/2021 at 10:08 AM, Jestaparadise said:

Yeah I'm having the same issue too. I'm playing a Brood Swarm and invaded a planet of primitives, then moved them to my tentacle capital to fill the jobs, but they only fill milk dairy jobs, and the rest are livestock. I think it might have to do with the fact that GC can only have either livestock slaves, or assimilate entirely. It also seems that hive mind pops can't work the Distiller jobs either.

EDIT: I swapped the LV Job Check from

lv_worker_job_check_trigger = yes                 to                 lv_dairy_job_check_trigger = yes

That allowed Livestock to fill the distiller jobs, but the resource production seems a bit off. I don't really care enough to try patching up my quick fix, but if someone more acquainted with stellaris modding could make it a little more friendly with Hive Mind, that would be nice.

Is this an issue with all jobs that use "lv_worker_job_check_trigger = yes"?

Just had a fun game with Tentacle planet. I would like it if we could turn worlds into Tentacle worlds like the Sexopolis.

My Idea would be to make it cost food, and alot of food, 40K, and have Tentacles on the planet of course. This cost will push it into the mid game as you need silos or mid game tech to pull it off.

Edit: Just spotted it in Terraforming. My bad. But seems a bit cheap, I personaly would like it to be locked behind the Sexopolis Ascension and cost more.

Thanks for the work you have put in. Its appreciated. 

Yeah what another commentator said, there's one AI empire that's terraformed all of their planets into tentacle worlds, but they've built at most a single distillery district and no other districts, and then they cover the world in luxury residences

There was a problem applying the mod.

When viewing the mod path, if korean word was included, the mod was not applied to the game. It was a problem that I often experience, so it was not difficult to solve.

The peculiar thing is that the relative path is specified correctly when unzipping and checking the available files on the download page. Applying the mod causes this 'relative path' to suddenly change to 'absolute path'.

'OneDrive' included in the path seems to be the related issue, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know why this is happening?

• 1 month later...

dammit, whelp have to make a choice and i cant, its between star wars ship girls, expanded traditions and this mod. threes a three way conflict between the mods, two work together when the third isnt loaded ( mostlikely is something to do with a mega structure as thats where all three overlap. irony mod manager isnt picking up anything that is a conflict so im confused on where to look. any help?

19 hours ago, nightluna said:

dammit, whelp have to make a choice and i cant, its between star wars ship girls, expanded traditions and this mod. threes a three way conflict between the mods, two work together when the third isnt loaded ( mostlikely is something to do with a mega structure as thats where all three overlap. irony mod manager isnt picking up anything that is a conflict so im confused on where to look. any help?

I have no issue with Expanded Traditions and this mod.
You could try this modmanager, maybe it sees the conflict? https://github.com/WojciechKrysiak/SCModManager

As many people have already pointed out the AI is unable to deal with tentacle worlds however I come bearing the solution. Currently almost all districts in your mod have an AI weight of 0 with a modifier adding values. Modifiers work but if the base value is zero then the AI is banned from executing said action and the modifiers will never come into play. Simply assigning all districts an AI weight of 3-5 basically unlocks the district option for the AI. If you want them to be extra picky assign a weight of 1 and then a default modifier of -1 so it is only positive when the condition for the actual positive modifier is met.

As for why all AI planets are being turned into tentacle worlds en masse in the first place it is the same issue but in reverse. The decision to transform into a tentacle world has NO AI weight which causes the value to default to maximum. As a result as soon as the decision is available the AI is jumping at the opportunity.

For anyone reading this who want's to change this on their own simply open the mod folder and make the changes:
Documents-Paradox Interactive-mod-Sexopolis-Common-Districts and then in each of the text files within change all AI weights from 0 to 1 then the existing modifiers will work and the Ai will begin rapidly filling their tentacle worlds with districts.

I would also suggest opening Documents-Paradox Interactive-mod-Sexopolis-Common-Decisions 

and adding 

ai_weight = {
		weight = 1
	}

to stent_decision.txt just above the last }

this will make the AI less crazy about tentacle worlds as a whole though they will still make them 

Edited by Sicon3
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2021 at 8:53 AM, xking said:

Is this still in development? 

As mentioned in on the fron´t page this is the final version of this mod for now, but other people are free to use it to make new stuff if they credit the original maker.

Btw the the front page mentions "dairy arcologies", but haven´t been able to find them in game or in the mod files?

So, it turns out you can Terraform practically any Barren world into a Tentacle world (would that be Tentaforming?), regardless of whether or not they can be TF'd into any other type of planet.

Or maybe it's just me messing up at some point in the setup.

Either way, I know at least one galaxy that's going to have tentacles everywhere.