Help a drunk moron.

Mod itself was pulled, but it had a badass quiver and arrows using vanilla assets with a slight recolor. I have the mod, but don't want the changes it does to the DB armor, so how would I go about taking the arrows and making them a replacer for a vanilla arrow and quiver?

33773-3-1364008632.jpg.10362b27f9263aecb4f917c1a72baa0d.jpg

Did that... end up with a missing face when wearing the DB hoods, even used a BSA explorer to find the vanilla meshes and replace the modded ones. I assume I need to remove the reference from the esp itself, but I don't know the CK 4 shit. 

If only there was a tool to show exactly what a mod adds/ touches, so I'd know what all to remove.

24 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

Did that... end up with a missing face when wearing the DB hoods, even used a BSA explorer to find the vanilla meshes and replace the modded ones. I assume I need to remove the reference from the esp itself, but I don't know the CK 4 shit. 

If only there was a tool to show exactly what a mod adds/ touches, so I'd know what all to remove.

I don't claim to have the expertise of MadMansGun but, if you want the quiver but not the armor changes, why not just delete the armor changes from the mod leaving the quiver in place? When I went to unpack the vanilla meshes I discovered that they took up a helluva lot of space making it impossible on my machine. So, eliminate what you don't want and keep the fine quiver.

1 minute ago, Psalam said:

I don't claim to have the expertise of MadMansGun but, if you want the quiver but not the armor changes, why not just delete the armor changes from the mod leaving the quiver in place? When I went to unpack the vanilla meshes I discovered that they took up a helluva lot of space making it impossible on my machine. So, eliminate what you don't want and keep the fine quiver.

?Haha... no I didn't keep all the meshes I used the BSA explorer to find the DB armor meshes and pulled just those out and replaced the mod files itself.

Still, I had the issue I mentioned.

2 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

?Haha... no I didn't keep all the meshes I used the BSA explorer to find the DB armor meshes and pulled just those out and replaced the mod files itself.

Still, I had the issue I mentioned.

SO, leave the vanilla stuff alone and just delete the DB armor changes from the mod. Then you'll be left with the quiver you want.

4 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

Again... I did just that the first time, and this happens to anybody wearing the DB hood.

Hide contents

20180101021843_1.jpg.84b3a589bc0cdcbc0f2e8df14f6c3b44.jpg.0ce0cd7c79dd01215ea2c5895f4f97dd.jpg

And you're sure that all you've eliminated was the changes from the mod? Nothing from the vanilla assets?

All I did was remove the contents in the dbarmor folder (made a safe copy). After I saw the result, I replaced the contents with the vanilla dbarmor mesh folder, same results.

I assume the reason the head disappears has something to do with the mod using the dragon priest masks for the hoods.

3 minutes ago, GimmeBACON said:

All I did was remove the contents in the dbarmor folder (made a safe copy). After I saw the result, I replaced the contents with the vanilla dbarmor mesh folder, same results.

I assume the reason the head disappears has something to do with the mod using the dragon priest masks for the hoods.

For what it's worth, and I repeat I am no MadMansGun, this is what I would do.

Put everything back to the way it was before you started messing with it. If you don't already have an esp you keep to put all your minor alterations in (mine is called myFixes.esp) then make one.

Load the CK with Skyrim.esm, this quiver mod and your version of myFixes (as the active file). Then treat this quiver in the same manner as you would if copying a hair from KS hair to your esp. Find the quiver in the CK and make a copy of it preferably with a modified name. Make certain that you have all the parts (like Armor AddOns) as well. Open the quiver in NifSkope and find the textures. Copy the meshes and textures (as revealed from NifSkope) into myFixes (at this point you are working in the file structure so you have NifSkope, CK and Windows files all open at the same time). Now, go back to NifSkope, pull up your new copy of the quiver from myFixes and change path for the textures to where you've newly copied them. As I said, you then need to do the same thing with any of the other "parts" that it references that may not be part of the vanilla game. Once done the quiver should be completely in myFixes and you should be able to turn the original quiver mod off in your load order and add myFixes to it and have your quiver. 

37 minutes ago, Psalam said:

For what it's worth, and I repeat I am no MadMansGun, this is what I would do.

Put everything back to the way it was before you started messing with it. If you don't already have an esp you keep to put all your minor alterations in (mine is called myFixes.esp) then make one.

Load the CK with Skyrim.esm, this quiver mod and your version of myFixes (as the active file). Then treat this quiver in the same manner as you would if copying a hair from KS hair to your esp. Find the quiver in the CK and make a copy of it preferably with a modified name. Make certain that you have all the parts (like Armor AddOns) as well. Open the quiver in NifSkope and find the textures. Copy the meshes and textures (as revealed from NifSkope) into myFixes (at this point you are working in the file structure so you have NifSkope, CK and Windows files all open at the same time). Now, go back to NifSkope, pull up your new copy of the quiver from myFixes and change path for the textures to where you've newly copied them. As I said, you then need to do the same thing with any of the other "parts" that it references that may not be part of the vanilla game. Once done the quiver should be completely in myFixes and you should be able to turn the original quiver mod off in your load order and add myFixes to it and have your quiver. 

Thanks for the help, got it working now.

Archived