[Question] Follower invisible/Disappear

Dorabella

Yes, I know, there are a lot of trheads around with this problem, but the key point is only one.
Therefore, the basic problem of the disappearance of the followers is, according to what has been read around, the fault of HDT. But, how come, despite having the game set on HDT, the follower never disappears without having enlisted him? How come the problem occurs only after enrollment?

Es.: I enlisted  Daedric Pei Follower 1.3 . As long as she's on her own in the Withrun room of the dead, nothing happens, but as soon as I enlist her, she disappears . 

This detail gives me a doubt: but will it be true that the problem is HDT to create it?

1 hour ago, Lestat1627 said:

Yes, I know, there are a lot of trheads around with this problem, but the key point is only one.
Therefore, the basic problem of the disappearance of the followers is, according to what has been read around, the fault of HDT. But, how come, despite having the game set on HDT, the follower never disappears without having enlisted him? How come the problem occurs only after enrollment?

Es.: I enlisted  Daedric Pei Follower 1.3 . As long as she's on her own in the Withrun room of the dead, nothing happens, but as soon as I enlist her, she disappears . 

This detail gives me a doubt: but will it be true that the problem is HDT to create it?

I take your point but some of it is contextual. For instance, in my game, Atub looks fine when she's on her watchtower. However, when she goes into the longhouse or near the altar to Malacath she begins to stretch out and then disappear. If I can position my character appropriately during these periods I can make her reappear (in part or in total). I can't find it on my computer right now but some of this can be mitigated by making changes.

The problem is also extended to the preset followers, if you do their own thing (es:. Lydia) nothing happens, as soon as I tell her to follow me and I leave Dragonsreach, this disappears .

Also tried different solutions:
Console = prid (ID follower) disable enable ,  appears a few seconds and then disappears again. Perfectly useless solution.
Console = performed the above step, created a saved game that should fix the problem. Nothing even here. Another unnecessary solution.

23 minutes ago, Lestat1627 said:

The problem is also extended to the preset followers, if you do their own thing (es:. Lydia) nothing happens, as soon as I tell her to follow me and I leave Dragonsreach, this disappears .

Also tried different solutions:
Console = prid (ID follower) disable enable ,  appears a few seconds and then disappears again. Perfectly useless solution.
Console = performed the above step, created a saved game that should fix the problem. Nothing even here. Another unnecessary solution.

When I get home (about 6 hours) I'll look and see if I still have the note relating to mitigation.

In the meantime you might want to consider looking at other things like what your character wears and what ENB (ENBish) mods you use and see if changing some of those might help.

5 hours ago, Lestat1627 said:

Oddly enough, even with HDT, she is the only follower not to disappear . Being a 2018 mod (currently it has been removed from Nexus), isn't it by chance that the problem occurs due to game updates? (SKSE, USLEEP for example)

Hide contents

1030154208_enb2020_04_2216_20_36_96.jpg.f7379b7518aeb29f0ba8babb33d8f86b.jpg

Your anecdotal facts are opinions, not facts. PE requires correct nif attribution, correctly written xmls, and correct shape parsing and interaction on the NPC has been initialized in an active cell, and any gap in that chain will produce bullshit.

that chain REQUIRES

crashfixes

bugfixes

enboost

hdtmempatch

hdt race condition libraries, all two/three of them

correctly attributed nifs

having a 100% PE compatible node tree and skeleton.

Havok framerate fix

any exception to this because muh voodoo or muh fetish or muh works for me or muh favorite mod from back in the day will produce eventual bullshit, simple as.

4 hours ago, Lestat1627 said:

What XML is it?

In fact they are only personal opinions.

Sorry, wherever your HDT is controlled from. Mine is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\skse\plugins\hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml

5 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Sorry, wherever your HDT is controlled from.

After a check, I noticed that the XML is already correct as you indicated to me 

19 hours ago, 27X said:

hdtmempatch

I just found out it's configurable. I always left it as it was :O  with continuous CTD's when starting the game . I had finally removed it, but now that I have identified the possible cause of CTD, I try again :smiley:

19 hours ago, 27X said:

Havok framerate fix

I was unaware of its existence

Archived