Risk of Rain 2 Lewd Mods?

6 hours ago, RadioactiveSoup said:

Hey g29, previously you said jiggle physics for the boobs and butt were possible. I wasn't sure about that until I noticed Corpsebloom added a flower with jiggle physics on your character. Do you think jiggle physics is still possible for your models? I would personally love to see Acrid's tits bounce around.

Her boobs isn't the only thing that needs bounce added.  Don't forget Acrid's Booty

while not on the same caliber as the other mods being developed, i made a small continuity fix

presenting Pronoun Replacer, a small text mod that changes most instances of he/him and it in descriptions, survivor logs and endings to she/her

this mod does nothing but change text; you'll still need the actual fem mod for it to make sense

enemy logs and captain are unchanged, but when femcaptain is eventually made i'll update this mod to reflect it

let me know if i missed anything

preview | get it here

install instructions:

* navigate to Steam\steamapps\common\Risk of Rain 2\Risk of Rain 2_Data\Language\en

* backup the changed files (CharacterBodies.txt and Cutscene.txt)

* replace the unmodified text files with the modded ones

9 hours ago, ixtheinterloper said:

while not on the same caliber as the other mods being developed, i made a small continuity fix

presenting Pronoun Replacer, a small text mod that changes most instances of he/him and it in descriptions, survivor logs and endings to she/her

this mod does nothing but change text; you'll still need the actual fem mod for it to make sense

enemy logs and captain are unchanged, but when femcaptain is eventually made i'll update this mod to reflect it

let me know if i missed anything

preview | get it here

install instructions:

* navigate to steamapps\common\Risk of Rain 2\Risk of Rain 2_Data\Language\en

* backup the changed files (CharacterBodies.txt and Cutscene.txt)

* replace the unmodified text files with the modded ones

o_O... The game improves.

1 hour ago, DeathBringer0xL said:

Not sure if that is possible. I tried once to upload the model with the new replacer before G got his version here, and the colors were a MESS.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant just the acrid changes independent from the rest of the fem_mod. Or was that what you were already referring to?

On 8/17/2020 at 9:06 AM, RadioactiveSoup said:

Hey g29, previously you said jiggle physics for the boobs and butt were possible. I wasn't sure about that until I noticed Corpsebloom added a flower with jiggle physics on your character. Do you think jiggle physics is still possible for your models? I would personally love to see Acrid's tits bounce around.

If you need jiggle, you need a new skeleton!
Too complicated in terms of replacing files.

Must make a new character, new Acrid.
like other LOL 
character.

4 hours ago, g29504569 said:

If you need jiggle, you need a new skeleton!
Too complicated in terms of replacing files.

Must make a new character, new Acrid.
like other LOL 
character.

So there is no way to rework the character on a new skeleton at all then? Darn. I really really want the jiggle, but I like the acrid we have now, so I guess I can do without it. :/

5 hours ago, Nixie said:

All I'm hoping for with this mod is that if they do decide to replace the Brass Contraptions, it'll be replacing the little bell in the center with a chained up girl... it seems so fitting for the overall design.

That would be an awesome idea for Brass Contraption.

7 hours ago, DeathBringer0xL said:

So there is no way to rework the character on a new skeleton at all then? Darn. I really really want the jiggle, but I like the acrid we have now, so I guess I can do without it. :/

That would be an awesome idea for Brass Contraption.

well realistically "new" isn't the exact term to use, essentially just port out acrid but with a new skeleton and body as a character mod, meaning you would need the modding API and other stuff from the RoR mod site

1 hour ago, mennyt said:

well realistically "new" isn't the exact term to use, essentially just port out acrid but with a new skeleton and boy as a character mod, meaning you would need the modding API and other stuff from the RoR mod site

This is the reason I love the replacer here, so I don't have to use all that extra stuff at the mod site. It can be quite a pain with the api and other stuff sometimes.

1 hour ago, jokerert1 said:

how do i install this ?

Download the Mod, Unzip it. First go to your risk of rain 2 folder, go to the Data folder.  Make a backup copy of the      Resources.assets  &   Sharedassets0.assets   file.

Then copy the 2 files from the mod and replace those 2 in the data.  Start game, Enjoy

2 hours ago, EternalWoe said:

The linked mega in the 2nd post got an update on 8/18, as far I'm aware it has all the survivors with skins (including the acrid fix) (minus captain) most large and small monsters, Not every monster has been replaced obviously.

Egads, there are many mega links now, I have 4 different WIP10 versions now,   newest one I have is the G2 he uploaded here. I will try the other one on post 2.

Okay tested it.  Looks like the Cage was removed from Loader. Huntress has her boobs free now. Every WIP that comes along seems like it is made by a different person, First a cage on loader, now it is gone. Also REX was normal, except last time or second to last, had a defensive bar around the back of Plant girl to lean against instead of open space. It is now gone also.

On 8/18/2020 at 11:22 PM, mennyt said:

well realistically "new" isn't the exact term to use, essentially just port out acrid but with a new skeleton and body as a character mod, meaning you would need the modding API and other stuff from the RoR mod site

Just checked on that; According to the people on the modding discord, it would be a lot of work. You'd basically be making an entire new character that just happens to use Acrid's (and whoever else you'd want a new skeleton on) abilities and stats. And after looking at the "sample" character on the wiki, that just seems like an excessive amount of effort for just some jiggle.

Even just making this version of Acrid into a skin option is hard, since it'd involve using C# to dynamically copy and modify the material from the vanilla Acrid to use with this one, since just making a new material would mess with the shading, and there doesn't seem to be much information online on how to do that.

So it seems for now replacers that reuse the skeleton are what we're stuck with, unless somehow a C# Unity god happens across this thread and decides to help.

1 hour ago, purenexus said:

Just checked on that; According to the people on the modding discord, it would be a lot of work. You'd basically be making an entire new character that just happens to use Acrid's (and whoever else you'd want a new skeleton on) abilities and stats. And after looking at the "sample" character on the wiki, that just seems like an excessive amount of effort for just some jiggle.

Even just making this version of Acrid into a skin option is hard, since it'd involve using C# to dynamically copy and modify the material from the vanilla Acrid to use with this one, since just making a new material would mess with the shading, and there doesn't seem to be much information online on how to do that.

So it seems for now replacers that reuse the skeleton are what we're stuck with, unless somehow a C# Unity god happens across this thread and decides to help.

Well, Wouldn't you only need to make 1 new skeleton, and use it for all the characters? Like a basic one and then change it structure to match each one? So say instead of making 8 skeletons, you just use the first one and shape it to the right form?

1 hour ago, DeathBringer0xL said:

Well, Wouldn't you only need to make 1 new skeleton, and use it for all the characters? Like a basic one and then change it structure to match each one? So say instead of making 8 skeletons, you just use the first one and shape it to the right form?

Well considering that each of the player characters have a super different shape, I don't think that'd work. Plus the more different the skeleton is, the less of a chance the existing animations would be able to be adapted to it.

And even then, you'd still have to do all of the C# work for each character.

6 minutes ago, Tsavorite said:

Hey I'm new to downloading mods from outside sites, i'm used to using r2modman. Can anyone help out with how to get this to work, any help would be appreciated.

i don't know how the mod manager works, but you can "hard" install the mod by:

-navigating to Steam\steamapps\common\Risk of Rain 2

-backing up Risk of Rain 2_Data

-extracting the mod into Risk of Rain 2_Data, replacing resources.assets and sharedassets0.assets

43 minutes ago, Tsavorite said:

Hey I'm new to downloading mods from outside sites, i'm used to using r2modman. Can anyone help out with how to get this to work, any help would be appreciated.

Step 1   Download the File.

Step 2   Go to your Risk of Rain 2 data folder,  by  Opening file location on Shortcut and clicking data.

Step 3   Back up the 2 files   resources.assets    &   sharedassets0.assets

Step 4  open the Downloaded Mod(Replacer)   and copy the 2 files and replace the ones in the data folder with them

Step 5  start risk of rain and enjoy.

I have used the Mod manager, and the other programs you need to run mods with it. It is quite a hassle, gotta keep it updated on everthing. Replacer is way better, and easier.

38 minutes ago, DeathBringer0xL said:

Step 1   Download the File.

Step 2   Go to your Risk of Rain 2 data folder,  by  Opening file location on Shortcut and clicking data.

Step 3   Back up the 2 files   resources.assets    &   sharedassets0.assets

Step 4  open the Downloaded Mod(Replacer)   and copy the 2 files and replace the ones in the data folder with them

Step 5  start risk of rain and enjoy.

I have used the Mod manager, and the other programs you need to run mods with it. It is quite a hassle, gotta keep it updated on everthing. Replacer is way better, and easier.

How would you back up the files and replace them?