iHWThread4=5
iHWThread3=4
iHWThread2=4
iHWThread1=4
iAIThread2HWThread=3
iAIThread1HWThread=3
iRenderingThread2HWThread=1
iRenderingThread1HWThread=0

Skyrim can use up to five threaded cores, though output frames are still dependent on two. Contrary to popular belief this does not get you a bazillion more frames, it simply raises your minimum framerate by however fast your cores are, and produces more consistent output thereof with less stutter and hitching. Under dx9 this still has to be unified on output, so render finalization depends on TWO cores waiting for info from your card.

Said guy with scripting issues is dead wrong. The issue isn't scripting, else SSE would run a kerbillion times faster out of the box, and it doesn't. The issue is draw calls and just like that certain city in fallout 4, Whiterun generates a metric fuckton of them, way more than is needed, because every building in whiterun is made up of sectional parts, both internally and externally, in addition to the other issues I mentioned. This is why you do not use whiterun for benchmarking anything, and there are other cities in Skyrim you can use to establish load and tolerance levels.

You assuming I have a dog in whatever parts you buy isn't germane; you're gonna be stuck with whatever you buy, not me.

Thanks for the config. I will try it on my FX-8350 but as you said, framerate won't change by a lot.

I know you said Whiterun is a poorly designed city and I shouldn't be using it for benchmarks but I am inclined to do so because I want to buy new components. If a certain processor can give me 60 FPS in Whiterun, it surely will do so in other cities.

I think I am going to go with Intel. AMD does give better performance in productivity tasks but Intel is better in gaming.

The AMD 3950X costs $850 in my country while the Intel 9900K costs $730.

Maybe the next gen processors might be different. Will have to wait anyways since the lock down / quarantine won't let me buy anything for the next few months.

Out of curiosity, does your 9900K + NVIDIA Titan give 60 FPS in Whiterun? 

At the end of the day I  think core clock speed matters the most. Skyrim LE is an ancient beast, it only utilises two cores anyway, so Intel edges it better than AMD for performance since Intel has better single core performance.

Skyrim SE would probably net you better FPS with your setup, since its 64bit and utilises more CPU cores and scales better with newer hardware.

I have an 3700X and RTX 2070S loaded with heaps of mods 2K - 4K mods and Suki ENB on 1440P and i get 60 fps, with dips to 45 - 50 in populated areas for LE. I've yet to try SE since I don't want to rebuild everything from scratch

1 hour ago, 27X said:

@4K it's 64, because I have exactly one NPC mod and my SMP settings are geared exactly for my exact system and I don't have draw call attracting bullshit like immersive armors or hangy old ass script mods.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. I will see what Intel has to offer later this year, probably at Computex 2020.

52 minutes ago, Kakabishan said:

At the end of the day I  think core clock speed matters the most. Skyrim LE is an ancient beast, it only utilises two cores anyway, so Intel edges it better than AMD for performance since Intel has better single core performance.

Skyrim SE would probably net you better FPS with your setup, since its 64bit and utilises more CPU cores and scales better with newer hardware.

I have an 3700X and RTX 2070S loaded with heaps of mods 2K - 4K mods and Suki ENB on 1440P and i get 60 fps, with dips to 45 - 50 in populated areas for LE. I've yet to try SE since I don't want to rebuild everything from scratch

True. Intel still has better single core as well as overall gaming performance.

Yes, SE does give me better performance. My FPS in Whiterun went up from 40 to 50. But everywhere else it was the same because the FX-8350 in itself is a trash processor.

Plus I don't want to use SE as there are a limited number of mods and converting them all would be a giant pain in the ass and time consuming, it would take another year.

I would like to live in a world where I am able to stand at the entrance of Whiterun and see the Cloud District from far away while running at 60 FPS. THE DREAM.

I currently have Tropical + Textures installed, which lowers the frame rate by 10 to 15 fps.

So in Whiterun I only have 45 to 50 fps. Otherwise stable 60 fps.

And always with Enb.

3 notes:

1: If you use Enb (which you should do), it is important to disable antialiasing in the graphics settings/driver, because Enb does it.

2: Set sound quality to 44khz, so CD quality.

3: Recreate the Bsa's, but UNCOMPRESSED.

Brings 12-14 fps depending on the location.

Not for SSE or FO4.

I am currently still using 3770k with 980Gtx and will soon switch to Amd.

Archived