I want to preface that if this is the wrong place to post a request for modding support, I would be more than happy to have this thread moved or if directed, post in the right place.

Hello, Count Ravioli here! I have been on-and-off modding TS3 and to a lesser extent, TS4. While TS4 has proven to be pretty easy to mod, it seems TS3 seeks to challenge me for some reason. Anyway, the issues I seem to be having are that AwesomeMod refuses to work, and despite the use of NRAAS or KinkyWorld, both my Sim making advances on a Male Teen Sim to enter a relationship despite being at 100 in relationship leads to awkwardness. This also happens when the Teen Sim makes advances towards my Adult Sim. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I have moved mods around, removed and installed mods, and looked around to no avail.

I genuinely appreciate and and all help, but would like those who're versed to well-versed in modding The Sims 3. Thank you, and I look forward to meeting more of you soon!

- Count Ravioli

On 3/12/2020 at 5:18 PM, Count Ravioli said:

that AwesomeMod refuses to work, and despite the use of NRAAS or KinkyWorld,

KW is a core* mod that overrides anything and everything it can to achieve what it wants to get done. Some of this can be configured via NR | MC (such as adjusting traits that KW adds, or skill levels of KW added skills), but it's been my experience that's about it.

You might want to go post over in the main KW thread in the downloads section, at least for that specific mod help.

Lastly, I've read several places over the many years of posts I've read (but never tried myself) that 1) NR SP & AM do not work together and 2) that AM conflicts heavily with KW and they cannot be used together.

Welcome (back?) to TS3 (and to LL).  For questions on how to use a specific mod, or to get it working, the best location will (on this, and many other sites) be in the thread for the mod itself (generally in the d/l sections).  Some of the more knowledgeable people about specific mods do check the "tech" area, but probably not as often as what they really like.

Also, AM being a self-contained thing, I have (quite often) seen responses directing people to its own site for info.  I personally find the attitude of that mod's developer... abrasive.  So combined with it's inability to work with (and, from what I've oft read, the IRL feuding between NRaas's creator & AM's creator), I refuse to use it and never will recommend anyone try it.  But.  You do you!  So, good luck w/ that one.  But I seriously doubt you'll have success getting it working with KW.

Remember: TS3 is a good decade older than TS4, so the tech it is based upon is older (it's a 32-bit app, so has a 3-ish GB in-memory cap). There's bumps and hurdles, but once you get yourself acquainted to those, it's highly mod-able.

*core mod = something that directly affects the core library of TS3 itself and as such there can only be one mod to modify an object in that way vs "scripting mod" that generally adds a new object (maybe based on an existing one) and then adds things that it can do to it (most of NR's stuff are scripting, but not all, but they've tried very hard to prevent conflicts), and lastly, vs "tuning mods" that just take the XML from GameplayData and tune/adjust values -- those are very easy to do (and actually what I expected to find a question on based on your subject).

Archived