Terminator Resistance - Naked Jennifer

Hi all,

So im looking at making a mod for Terminator Resistance. the game runs on Unreal Engine 4.22.

One of the characters appears nude at some points in the game and i want to replace their normal clothed model with the nude one so they will be nude all the time.

I used a program called "umodel" to open the games files and i found two folders that referenced her nude model they where located

"Game/Animations/CutscenesNew/JeniferLoveScene" and "Game/Meshes/Characters/NPC"

the files that are used for her nude model are called "SK_NPC_Mather_Naked" I was able to view the models to confirm it was the correct ones.

So using "umodel" i saved the files and that gave me two files called "SK_NPC_Mather_Naked.uasset" & "SK_NPC_Mather_Naked.uasset"

Then i looked at the rest of the games files and could only find 1 file that seemed to reference her default clothed model that was found here  "Game/Meshes/Characters/NPC" and the was called "SK_NPC_Mather"

So on my desktop i set up a folder structure to match "Game/Meshes/Characters/NPC" then i took the two files i extracted earlier "SK_NPC_Mather_Naked.uasset" & "SK_NPC_Mather_Naked.uasset" and put them in the folder

I then renamed them to match the clothed model's name so i ended up with two files called "SK_NPC_Mather.uasset" & "SK_NPC_Mather.uasset"

Then i used a program called "UnrealPak" that worked by dropping the folder on to it and it generates a .pak file from it.

I then placed the .pak file in the games folder "\Terminator Resistance\Terminator\Content\Paks" as this is where other users put there mod files.

I then started the game but nothing had changed. The first time i tried to replace her clothed model with the nude model i found in the "NPC" folder, so i tried again but using the nude model i found in the "Animations" folder but once again nothing changed.

Can someone help with some advice, im not sure if im doing something wrong or am missing something out all together. I've been at it for 5 hours already. I know its possible as someone already made a naked skin for the other girl who also already has a nude model.

Hello, did you try to simply leave the renamed files unpaked but in the right folders? Some UE games don't require the files to be paked.

Also, and not sure if it matters, but I just extracted the game files, and the names did not have "_" after "NPC", only between the "SK" and "NPC", as in "SK_NPCMatherNaked.*" and "SK_NPCMather.*"

Edit: One more thing, the Object name is not the same inside the uasset file, again not sure if it is relevant.

Edit2: And it seems like the skeletons are also different, or at least the number of bones, so there might be some weighting to redo. My guess is there is a bit more work to do to get the naked model in the game unfortunately, but I could be wrong.

22 minutes ago, madmanator said:

Hello, did you try to simply leave the renamed files unpaked but in the right folders? Some UE games don't require the files to be paked.

Also, and not sure if it matters, but I just extracted the game files, and the names did not have "_" after "NPC", only between the "SK" and "NPC", as in "SK_NPCMatherNaked.*" and "SK_NPCMather.*"

Edit: One more thing, the Object name is not the same inside the uasset file, again not sure if it is relevant.

In the games root there is no folder path "Game/Meshes/Characters/NPC" and thats where the files need to be so i assume i cant just drop the files in without it been packed. At the moment im really new to modding and its rather confusing.

The character im trying to make naked all the time is called Jennifer (her files are named Mather for some reason) She has a sex scene in the game and thats where her nude model comes from. There is also a character called baron who also has a sex scene and a nude model. Someone has already made a naked mod for that character. I reached out to them for help but they have not answered me.

There mod is also a .pak file and when added to the games folder "\Terminator Resistance\Terminator\Content\Paks" it works and she is naked all the time. So i decided to do a test. I extracted there nude mod, the say way i extracted the nude model from the games files. Then i remade the folder structure and just repacked there mod back in to a .pak file. 

Once i added that to the game it was no longer working. So it must be something to do with how im re making the .pak file.

I also just found out the program im using to extract the files can do it in a couple of different ways. the way i have been doing it makes this folder "Game/Meshes/Characters/NPC" and these two files with extensions of ".uasset" & ".uexp" but another way makes a couple of different folders with textures, meshes & animations. It also then gives loads of diffrent files, and im not sure what to do with any of them.

I was hoping it would be really simple to do for my first mod. I figured it would just swap out her naked model with her clothed model and job done. But to be honest its really confusing me, ive been at it now for close 8 hours and still no progress.

Hello, alright there seems to be a folder structure problem then.

When I unpak his mod, I get two folders, "NPC" and "FriendlyAI" (FriendlyAI holds the modified skeleton he made).

Usualy there should be a Game/Meshes/etc, but seems like his mod did not use that structure, so try to re-pak them that way and test? As in the pak holds only "NPC" and "FriendlyAI".

Another thing you could try is to place those two folders from his mod directly into the pak folder, remove his mod temporarily, and check if the model is naked in game. To see if the files must be paked.

33 minutes ago, madmanator said:

Hello, alright there seems to be a folder structure problem then.

When I unpak his mod, I get two folders, "NPC" and "FriendlyAI" (FriendlyAI holds the modified skeleton he made).

Usualy there should be a Game/Meshes/etc, but seems like his mod did not use that structure, so try to re-pak them that way and test? As in the pak holds only "NPC" and "FriendlyAI".

Another thing you could try is to place those two folders from his mod directly into the pak folder, remove his mod temporarily, and check if the model is naked in game. To see if the files must be paked.

Game

So i have tried to place the files & folders from his pak file directly in to the games folders and his mod did not load. I tried them in a couple of different places but still did not work. What program did you use to unpack his mod? i used Umodel and i get these folders when i extract his mod

"Game\Meshes\Characters\NPC" and "Game\Meshes\Characters\FriendlyAI" I have tried 2 different ways to make the .pak file and using Umodel i can open them and i can see the folder structure is correct (or so i think).

Another thing i tried was exporting his mod, deleting his files but keeping his folders, then adding the files im trying to get working in to his folders and packing it back up. Still it failed.

I think the issue is with making the .PAK file. I think it needs to be specifically for Unreal 4.22. The two programs i have used to make them is one called UnrealPak workflow by FluffyQuack and the other is a Python script named u4Pack but im not sure who made it.

Hello, yes i see what you mean, Umodel gives that directory structure, I used quickbms and that one didn't give the folder structure.

Right now I'm trying to get to the part where I meet Baron to be able to test stuff.

Edit: Alright I figured it out, and it was the folder structure indeed. I believe your paking method was right, but the folders were not.

Here is how the pak should be created : "Game\Terminator\Content\Meshes\Characters\" and the two folders "NPC" and "FriendlyAI" inside it.

I used Fluffy's paker by droping the "Game" folder into the bat file"UnrealPak-With-Compression", then renamed to "pakchunk13-WindowsNoEditor" and she (Baron) was naked in game. I think you can use any number as long as its the after the last one from the game (12).

I'm not sure why they used such a folder structure, it definitely threw me off earlier, thinking I was seeing double, but it was indeed doubled lol.

1 hour ago, madmanator said:

Hello, yes i see what you mean, Umodel gives that directory structure, I used quickbms and that one didn't give the folder structure.

Right now I'm trying to get to the part where I meet Baron to be able to test stuff.

Ye extracting seems to be the easiest part, putting it back together and having it work is the tricky part. Id like to know the results of your test, so please let me know what you find. Ive spent another couple hours trying to test it out but still go no where. This time instead of saving Jennifers nude model with UModel i exported it. Saving only gives you the 2 files, but exporting saves all files related to the model so i figured i may find something in them to lead me to getting it to work. But that just confused me more.

4 hours ago, madmanator said:

Aaah you posted as I was editing my earlier one, check it for how to setup the folders to pak the files. 

Thank you, i just read your edit. Yes that does seem to be the issue it was the file path. A bit of progress at last.

Now when i make the .pak file and add it to the game it is diffidently loading but instead of her been naked shes now invisible and when i try talk to her i got a fatal error and the game crashed.

On 2/23/2020 at 4:34 PM, madmanator said:

Aaah you posted as I was editing my earlier one, check it for how to setup the folders to pak the files. 

ok so another little update. Still getting her as invisible. I wonder if it has anything to do with textures.

When you export with Umodel it gives you the 2 files "SK_NPCMatherNaked.uasset" & "SK_NPCMatherNaked.uexp" but if you save with Umodel insted of getting thoes 2 files you get lots of files, most seem like texture files. So im not sure if its a miss match with textures in some way.

Also in the games files there are 2 different nude models of her. the first is located here "Game\Terminator\Content/Animations/CutscenesNew/JeniferLoveScene" and the second is located here "Game\Terminator\Content/Meshes/Characters/NPC"

The one from the animation folder if exported has more files associated with it, and has an overall larger file size.

Im attaching a 7z archive, the password to open it is testmod. Inside it are saved & exported copies of both her nude and clothed model from the NPC folder and Animation folder, plus 2 versions of the .pak file i tried to make that just load her up as invisible. In case you want to take a look and can spot something im missing.

While testing the mod i have been loading the game at chapter 12, when that loads your main objective is to talk to her, shes just  on the bottom floor of the building you load in next to.

also thanks for all your help so far i really appreciate it.

Jennifer_Nude_Mod.7z

Hello, I'll grab it and check it out.

I also did some tests earlier, and from what I understood, the 2 ways to save and export are different because one extracts the uasset and uexp files only, while the other extracts the files from inside the those files (3d model and the textures and materials).

So it's like a matryoshka doll, the big pak files contain uasset and uexp files, and those files contain the "real" files like 3d models, skeletons, textures, etc.

I think that to create your mod, it is necessary to edit the real files, (at least the 3d model to change a few things in it) and make new uasset and uexp files, and then pak them up, but I'm not sure. I'll check the attachment and let you know if I find something tomorrow (it's 1am here, sleep time!).

7 hours ago, madmanator said:

Hello, I'll grab it and check it out.

I also did some tests earlier, and from what I understood, the 2 ways to save and export are different because one extracts the uasset and uexp files only, while the other extracts the files from inside the those files (3d model and the textures and materials).

So it's like a matryoshka doll, the big pak files contain uasset and uexp files, and those files contain the "real" files like 3d models, skeletons, textures, etc.

I think that to create your mod, it is necessary to edit the real files, (at least the 3d model to change a few things in it) and make new uasset and uexp files, and then pak them up, but I'm not sure. I'll check the attachment and let you know if I find something tomorrow (it's 1am here, sleep time!).

Ok thanks for letting me know, im just about to head out to work. I will check back later to see if you found anything else out.

Hello, Alright I tried a few things, but I just can't figure out the right procedure or changes to make unfortunately.

It seems the 3d model has to be edited before being paked, the names are different inside the uasset files, the skeletons are also different, and that could be the problem.

So I decided to give it a shot, I got the model into 3dsmax 2017, changed a few things, then I got it into UE Editor 4.22.3, changed a few more things, then made new uassets and uexps, paked, but Jennifer does not show up, she is invisible. I don't know what to change as I'm not good with UE games in general.

A few screenshots.

The model in 3dsmax.

3dsmax.jpg.54ccedfb64316029ad92b9b2f9dce082.jpg

And here in the UE Editor.

ue4.jpg.319a7c1112c8808d7f2424845b98debd.jpg

Hopefully someone with more knowledge with UE games can help from here.

3 hours ago, madmanator said:

Hello, Alright I tried a few things, but I just can't figure out the right procedure or changes to make unfortunately.

It seems the 3d model has to be edited before being paked, the names are different inside the uasset files, the skeletons are also different, and that could be the problem.

So I decided to give it a shot, I got the model into 3dsmax 2017, changed a few things, then I got it into UE Editor 4.22.3, changed a few more things, then made new uassets and uexps, paked, but Jennifer does not show up, she is invisible. I don't know what to change as I'm not good with UE games in general.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge with UE games can help from here.

Its nice to see you where able to open the model in both 3dsmax & UE Editor.

Out of curiosity what model did you work with, the one in the animation folder or the npc folder?

If i recall correctly the one in the animation folder had more files inside its uassets file then the npc so maybe the animation one has a better chance of working. But im sad to say as a im new to trying to make mods the work that needs doing for this has now passed my skill level.

Its a shame as i feel we were getting close to having it work.

Thanks for all the help you have given me, i know I've learnt a good bit and would not have made it this far with out your help.

With any luck hopefully someone whos good with Unreal Engine will see this post and be able to help further.

I'll edit my previous post with the 7z archive in and make the password public so others can give it a try.

4 hours ago, madmanator said:

Hello, you are right I used the model from the animation folder, the other had some strange things in it, but the animation one was the most similar to the other models.

I really wanted to see her naked in game too hehe, oh well.

Ye i thought thats the one you would have used.

I too really want to see her naked in game. Her sex scene is too brief and you dont really get to see her body that well.

• 2 months later...

Some people do a nude, costume, cloth etc mods for a useless annoying games and characters but they don't give fuck about a game like this and characters like this. Jennifer probably my dream girl, she looks so beautiful deserve some costumes, gameplay mods.. like bastards do the resident evil remake games... idk even a playable characters mods would be perfect for this game. I hope one day these dream comes true, and i hope this game is not dying and unforgettable easily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just giving this a nudge, hope no one minds. I was unable to get this working my self and recently my computer crashed and i lost all my files :(

So i was hoping now the game has been out awhile that someone here might have better luck than i did. It should be possible as another character was able to have her default model swapped out to her nude model so im still keeping my fingers crossed that someone can make Jennifer nude.

21 hours ago, lovejill said:

Thanks for doing this!!! Was waiting mods for this game but they never came

Jennifer is a nice character and I love to see some nice mod on her :D

Ye i hope someone can. I tried but was not able to do it but i have never tried to mod before so hopefully someone with more knowledge and experience can help out.

• 3 weeks later...

A large new update just dropped for this game, giving you the ability to play as the terminator. Hope this brings more attention to this game game and hopefully some of that will be people who can help with this mod.

i would hate to see this mod get forgotten, where so close. Im no moding expert and i got  close with the examples up above.  Got her already in game nude model extracted and viewable in other programs but just cant pack it back in to the game correctly to replace her usual clothed model.

I know this request is a good couple of months old now, and that i keep dropping a message to give it some life. Im sure someone with more experience should easily be able to do it, i just need them to see this request.

9 hours ago, xnajoe said:

A large new update just dropped for this game, giving you the ability to play as the terminator. Hope this brings more attention to this game game and hopefully some of that will be people who can help with this mod.

i would hate to see this mod get forgotten, where so close. Im no moding expert and i got  close with the examples up above.  Got her already in game nude model extracted and viewable in other programs but just cant pack it back in to the game correctly to replace her usual clothed model.

I know this request is a good couple of months old now, and that i keep dropping a message to give it some life. Im sure someone with more experience should easily be able to do it, i just need them to see this request.

Just have patience, the age of the game means nothing. Look at Rise of The Tomb raider.