[FOUND] Looking for BBB Pretty Woman Idle

This looks extremely useful! ^^ But you have to remember that I am a complete scrub at this program and modeling in general. :/

I'm willing to try this but it still seems a bit vauge. Specifically at this step:

"Step 2. Import your mesh(es), delete the skeleton(s)."

What Meshes am I importing? I have the goal in mind of adding BBB to the PRetty Woman idel, which I have isolated in an easy to find folder. Is that the mesh? I have gone to 'import', and navigated my way to the 'Idle' Animation I wish to modify, however, It seems to be in black text and I don't think I'm able to select it.

Despite the file being an 'NIF' in the folder, in the import, it's called a 'KF' and i'm not really sure if it matters.

If I rightclick it, it highlights. So I pressed the 'Import NIF' button and it comes up with all these weird settings.

I have no idea what to do here and I'm not sure if I'm even doing it right.

EDIT: Turns out that I couldn't see the "OK" button on the menu that I was confused on, but now there's a diffrent problem.

I got a Python Script error after pressing 'Ok', and another one shows up saying;

'Direct .KF Import not supported'.

That mini-guide was something I wrote for a slightly different purpose, so it doesn't entirely apply.

Mostly, follow the tutorial in the adult animation guide.  that will cover most of the step by step.  My mini-guide was really just intended as a supplement to that.

The basic workflow is, first, you need to import a body mesh.

These will come in several parts (femaleupperbody.nif, femalelowerbody.nif, etc)

Just import one part after another.  After you import each part, right click on the armature (skeleton) that was imported at the same time as the body parts to select it.  Then hit the delete key on your keyboard to delete it.

Once you have a body, it is time to import a skeleton.  This MUST be a file called skeleton.nif.  No other file will work.

However, and this is where things get weird, you also need to import the kf file at the same time.

So, first enable the button that says "import animation"

next, look for the field "keyframe file", click the little dots, and select the animation that you want to import and modify.

****Copying and pasting some my old tutorial related posts****

Here's a Blend file with a full skeleton and animation queued up to give you an idea of how things should look once everything is imported. Also, take a note of the SR drop in the header. This allows you to have different area layouts for different tasks.

So, if you wanted to import a different animation, what would you do?

First, delete the skeleton. Next, import the skeleton and the animation at the same time.

6765c11d4263bb6bb7457174bf7d8cd25c233e2e

It's the field right below "Combine NiNodea + Shapes into Single Mesh"

Click on the "..." and select the keyframe file you want to work on.

Edited by gerra6
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you make sure to overwrite the original non-BBB idle?

Yes.

The file, when extracted, is called 'idle'. And I even have an overwrite permission when pasting it.

Yeah, you overwrote the wrong file. You need to find out the actual name of the pretty woman idle, change this new file to that name, then overwrite it.

This is weird. I've experimented with this many times when deleting the non-bbb idle. When the mod is first installed, everything is there. When I deleted the 'Idle.kf' file, my character would stop doing the non-bbb Pretty Woman idle and would instead do the vanilla one. Agian, I've tested it many times. I even reinstalled it, entered game to make sure the non-BBB was active, then overwrote it with the recent one provided and nothing happend other than the Idle changing Vanilla. It all points to the Idle file!

Have you opened the nif in nifskope and checked the name of the NiController sequence?

If you are attempting to replace a vanilla idle, the name value must *exactly* match the name value of the idle that you wish to replace. In this case, I think it's just 'Idle'

Also, it's worth noting that having multiple idles with the same vanilla name string can, on occasion, cause interesting things to happen.

Edited by gerra6

hmm, i guess next time i'll link to the download page and not the actual download link which appears to change

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but to my understanding, the original pretty woman idle is just called Idle.kf (with just "Idle" as the value for NiController)

Data\Meshes\Characters\_male\Specialanims\Idle.kf

I also use SeductiveIdle and changed the NiController to test with that mod. The latest version I uploaded should have the NiController changed from "SpecialIdle_SeductiveIdleA" back to just "Idle" for value

Sorry about that, please try again and just replace Data\Meshes\Characters\_male\Specialanims\Idle.kf with new version of Idle.kf

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/59-idlekf/

Sorry for offtopic. 

Delta3D - can you attach the skin texture file from your first post of this thread? 

I don't want to be rude, but it would be nice if you asked politely. Rather than demanding I post it. Sounded like demanding. :dodgy:

Yes, I'll post the link here. You an get it here from Nexus. I use the Black V.

New Tattoo Moonshadow Elf Texture

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/34237