3 hours ago, nackedsnake said:

After exporting a body from 3DS the Overlays, Body paints are no longer showing up on the body in-game. It works well with the original CBBE Max body for instance. What do I do wrong? Might it be my import / export setting?  Thanks!

You mean textures? Copy the old textures on to the new one using Nifskope. Texture exports are not reliable with 3DS nif scripts. If you mean weight paint, that could be a whole range of issues. Make sure that you don't have "removed unused bones" and "flatten hierarchy" checked, would be the first recommendation I'd give you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi StaticPhobia2,

Love your work, it looks so promising! Sorry to bother you, but I'm trying to set up my mods (editing xml for physics to match the body) and I spotted you have some mod that lets you pick animations for sex positions, could you tell me what it is? I have SexLabs framework and I have a mod that lets me test animations (calls for them), but it runs a random animation.

4 hours ago, PsyOps said:

Hi StaticPhobia2,

Love your work, it looks so promising! Sorry to bother you, but I'm trying to set up my mods (editing xml for physics to match the body) and I spotted you have some mod that lets you pick animations for sex positions, could you tell me what it is? I have SexLabs framework and I have a mod that lets me test animations (calls for them), but it runs a random animation.

Thanks and it's SexLab Tools

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, FaBricOF said:

Good time of the day! This looks like one hell of a project, but if you dont mind me asking:
What is the source of the Iron Fist Magic effect from the video? I've been trying to find a mod that lets unarmed punch through blocks for so long.

I just duplicated khajit claws, renamed it and changed a few things around. The original idea was to have upgradable hand to hand: Iron Fist>Steel Fist>Ebony Fist>Dragon Fist

but after 3 complaints for using DOA stuff 1 public and 2 private, so much for that idea.

On 1/1/2020 at 1:04 AM, StaticPhobia2 said:

So, here's an update (February 2020):

Basically, I've got the main parts of the body done, but it turns out that Blender's armature and weight paint system is more frustrating to work with. The axis pivots are not performing how one would imagine them to work, so it's very difficult to test the effectiveness of topology. But if you want to take a preview look at the body, here ya go:

Hide contents

umm, gonna be honest, the topology looks terrible with different meshes stitched together. You got quads, triangulated quads, and triangles to fill in the gaps. I would expect circular topology like that around the armpits to deform badly. Just use even straight edge loops, some close together depending on the t-pose/arm height. Same for the arm joint with edge loops coming from behind the elbow for good deformation.

Use topology images as references (but also learn to identify good and bad references), as well as ecorches and downloadable models. I suggest starting with something more low poly and then subdividing it after.

Here's something to start off with.

http://hippydrome.com/Sketches.html

I'll even give you a quick rough example.

Spoiler

5d7d2488d7ed3d9b173b436731dc36d7.png

6ced1afdaa27e515b2d568b03afb73d8.png

14 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

umm, gonna be honest, the topology looks terrible with different meshes stitched together. You got quads, triangulated quads, and triangles to fill in the gaps. I would expect circular topology like that around the armpits to deform badly. Just use even straight edge loops, some close together depending on the t-pose/arm height. Same for the arm joint with edge loops coming from behind the elbow for good deformation.

Use topology images as references (but also learn to identify good and bad references), as well as ecorches and downloadable models. I suggest starting with something more low poly and then subdividing it after.

Here's something to start off with.

http://hippydrome.com/Sketches.html

I'll even give you a quick rough example.

Reveal hidden contents

5d7d2488d7ed3d9b173b436731dc36d7.png

6ced1afdaa27e515b2d568b03afb73d8.png

Haha, I'm was sure someone was going to comment on this, and thanks for the input. Although, it's not the deformation I'm worried about. The original straight laced topology is pretty bad when it comes to deforming on the inside of the joints. It either buckles wrong, folds like paper, or overlaps. The typical way to fix this is to do kneecap or elbow cap bones. However, since I want to use the original skeleton, I have a thought process of following muscles and tendons on deformations, like an actual body, not like a minecraft character, hence the inner edge loops. I'm more worried about the normals functioning correctly. Either way, its an easy fix: Select edge loops>Delete>Gridfill>Done~~~if it doesn't work. Maybe even try something different.

Also, subdividing puts triangles where I don't want them and unnecessary polygons where they don't need to be. The reason for the tri's in the quads is because I want some quads to form tri's a certain way to deform better. Easily removed by turning tris to quads in edit mode.

The thing is, the way everyone does "correct" topology was never intended for the type of use on LL. Even MMD topology just dumps polycount into boobs for physics but nothing into the belly or gentiles. DOA just has low polycount and would never work for an HD body. I mean I could just do squares and subdivide it twice, call it good, but the idea is to not have edges on the shoulder, elbow, knees, butt, breasts, tummy, heels, etc.etc. without having a million polygons.

Anyways, we'll see. You may be right, there is that possibility, but I won't know for sure until I try.

3 hours ago, StaticPhobia2 said:

Also, subdividing puts triangles where I don't want them and unnecessary polygons where they don't need to be.

Then only use quads since it is the standard practice.

The reason for the tri's in the quads is because I want some quads to form tri's a certain way to deform better.

You mean like bellow the collar bone where it is mostly static? all that can be done after the model is done by predicting how the quads will split or manually via spin edge/rotate edge.

Also, practice using these when needed.

a 5 pointed star

Spoiler

05700306d1340adb4a48523b136ddc6b.png

polls

Spoiler

0bcf25a7c94dfddde9497a05adfc09f7.png

The thing is, the way everyone does "correct" topology was never intended for the type of use on LL

It's not so much an LL case as it is an I don't plan to subdivide case. If somebody say wanted to make new normal maps for your body mod, then they wouldn't be able to get good results in certain areas, but that's only in the case that you provide an un-triangulated (full quad) recourse.

The only time to use triangles is when you have no other choice and need to lower edge loops by one. Or just out of convenience and don't mind staying at a novice level. I'm not saying not to use triangles, but this looks more like it's out of convenience than for good deformation, like a lot and I'm not referring to the triangulated quads already on the mesh.

Here's some videos I suggest you watch.

Spoiler

20 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

If somebody say wanted to make new normal maps for your body mod, then they wouldn't be able to get good results in certain areas

This had me curios, so I triangulated and made a quick uv map out of curiosity.

Normal.jpg.0816bb2bd09ed382345d82efd6ea1a3d.jpg

It doesn't seem to affect the normal map. There are parts I need to fix however, but then again I'm not done. However, the normals turn out seemingly fine. Once I get done with this and the heavy weight sculpting of the muscles. I'll just post the blender file if someone thinks they can do a better retopo.

And, thanks for the videos, but let me ask you a question with that video on the head topo. Why are there so many polys on the scalp? The scalp is covered by the hair, and you can add a high poly scalp to a hair mesh if you want to. See, these are the things that get under my skin when people say "correct" topo. To me, this is wasted processing power that could be put elsewhere. Also, if there were a license free body that looked flawless in the game but used less polys than most bodies. I'd say fuck this project, I'm going to use that body. But there aren't, which is half the motivation for getting this done. I want a free to use body online which people can use and not even need to credit the author that looks pretty darn good in game and works well with LL stuff.

6 hours ago, StaticPhobia2 said:

It doesn't seem to affect the normal map. There are parts I need to fix however, but then again I'm not done. However, the normals turn out seemingly fine. Once I get done with this and the heavy weight sculpting of the muscles. I'll just post the blender file if someone thinks they can do a better retopo.

Depends on the program and if that program has some sort of smooth shader normal map baking combo, however it does still depend on how much detail you are going for on how effective that combo is. Like in Zbrush where one wants to sculpt skin detail, wrinkles, veins, non-human detail like scales, etc. However, you can't get the best results because you are using subdivided triangles which results in pinching and possibly even stretching.

To sum it up, subdivided triangles can result in something called pinching and minor stretching. A quad combo/star with more than 5 points can result in major stretching that is noticeable no matter how many times you subdivide.

Also, in that normal map I do see some scrunchiness under the arms, crotch area, and stretching on the crack.

And, thanks for the videos, but let me ask you a question with that video on the head topo. Why are there so many polys on the scalp? The scalp is covered by the hair, and you can add a high poly scalp to a hair mesh if you want to. See, these are the things that get under my skin when people say "correct" topo. To me, this is wasted processing power that could be put elsewhere.

Well, I think that mesh may have been made just for a demonstration. I do think that scalp's topology isn't all that clean either. As for density, it's not really the point of the video. I also don't think that a separate scalp mesh is ideal, but do agree that the scalp should have a lower polycount. While you still shouldn't go overboard with your polycount, it doesn't nearly have as much of an impact as the number of bones the rig has, texture size and shader complexity, or the number of instances in other cases.

However, I can also say the same for your model in multiple areas. For instance, the under arms and chest area between the collar bone and breasts. 4 edge loops in that area should be enough, but you have 8 + 4 between the breast which are unnecessary.

Also, if there were a license free body that looked flawless in the game but used less polys than most bodies. I'd say fuck this project, I'm going to use that body.

lol, maybe one day.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2020 at 1:30 PM, fakelake said:

Is, the project still alive? Seeing the All Caps "BANNED" under StaticPhobia2's username is a bit of a worry and I hope that it is some inside joke, which I doubt. What happened? From reading his/her comments he/she really does not strike me as someone who could get into bannable trouble.

Not dead, just low motivation :P

I am banned, have to go through a vpn to access this site. But I'm minding my own business these days.

9 hours ago, StaticPhobia2 said:

Not dead, just low motivation :P

I am banned, have to go through a vpn to access this site. But I'm minding my own business these days.

Good to hear, glad you're OK!

Why were you banned tho?

Also take your time, and thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2020 at 1:18 PM, StaticPhobia2 said:

Tends to happen when you pick fights with the admin.

And thanks :)

Sucks that you were banned. You were really onto something with this mod. Hope you find the motivation to eventually continue.

On 4/1/2020 at 4:58 AM, PinkySpace said:

What the heck! Finally mod that i need, and now the developer is banned...

Alright, alright, I'll get back to work~

Sorry guys, been working on another project. I got to working and realized that I have never created from scratch armor. So, I want to make sure I make a body easy to do armor for. And, with this project, I've learned quite a bit so far:

Spoiler

Doctor.thumb.png.170748f68f8d691ff34a6756bcb5da3c.png

Anyways, once I'm done with this, I've got a few changes to make how bodies are designed. For example, topology should be as vertical or horizontal as possible, when possible.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, StaticPhobia2 said:

What do you mean, "like cosio"?

I don't know how to say that but by saying cosio I just mean collisions. So this add collision to anus or not. Sorry , english isn't my main language.

5 hours ago, KenshiSamurai said:

I don't know how to say that but by saying cosio I just mean collisions. So this add collision to anus or not. Sorry , english isn't my main language.

I don't know if there are other mods "like" this one. Maybe BBB? (The problem with being a modder is that more time is spent making mods rather than following other mods)

This is not a mod. Yet.

It is a physics concept. It won't be mod status for some time.

Why?

Spoiler

Because matching a completely new physics system and body to a skeleton that is not designed for this body, because it is that or redoing every single animation out there (or at the least making a skeleton linking system with scripts to offset certain movements, forcing modders to learn 3D Blender scripting to make their animations work with a new skeleton), while said skeleton was designed for a body that is not anatomically correct and uses frustrating twisting mechanics, while all of it is offset at some angle that doesn't export properly apparently, is ridiculously tedious. Not to mention designing a specific physics chain with only 4 or 5 usable physics tools, might be next to impossible. But, I do chip away at it as much as possible.

If someone else out there makes a body that does what I want this to do. Awesome, I quit. Until that time, I just chip away at this and share what I get at each milestone.

• 4 months later...