(mod) Crusader (K)ings (I)nto (S)ex (S)laves - KISS

Crusader (K)ings (I)nto (S)ex (S)laves - KISS (version a.6)

What? Why? Huh?  I love Crusaders Kings and love many of the slavery mods out there (here on LL and the general steam community).  Many of the harder core mods (especially here on LL) tend to add many fantasy elements (like adding elves, dragons and other fantasy elements) to Crusader Kings.  Sometimes I want to inject reality into my fantasy (i.e. I want the hardcore slavery elements without elves).  This mod is designed to keep as much of the "realism" in CK2 by just adding the sex slave fantasy elements into the game.  What you won't find here are: elves, dragons and additional races.  What you will find is the ability to brand, sell and use slaves.  Word of warning though!  This is still an Alpha build; I'm pretty sure I won't break anything in CHF and Improved Genetics 2.0 (I primarily use these mods to make playtesting more enjoyable).  KISS probably does have bugs that I need to figure out though.  The plan is build all of the major features and doing a polish before moving to Beta.

Requirements:

CHF Modules+ (it is possible that CHF Slavery is an acceptable alternative - NOT TESTED)
Found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1686659535&searchtext=slavery

Compatibility:

I do not recommend installing CHF or KISS into existing games.  It could cause issues with traits (not sure why yet).  A new game is highly recommended.

Installation:
Download the file.
Unzip into your My Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod/ folder.
Mark the KISS checkbox in the launcher.

Description:

This mod expands, without altering, the CHF Modules+ (CHFM) slavery feature.  With CHFM, you can enact slavery laws which in turn will allow you to enslave prisoners (different laws restrict or expand your ability to enslave).  It also provides a framework for the NPC to adopt slavery laws.  KISS expands what you can do with a slave (or thrall):

Intrigue decision:

Make a decision that allows for the player's and NPCs' kingdoms to immediately adopt slavery laws (at the start of a new game)

Targeted decisions (slavery):

Brand a slave (necessary to unlock many of the features listed below)
Force marriage (allows you to force a slave or thrall to marry you)

Buy a slave (allows you to buy a slave from another slave trading lord)
Auction a slave (randomly finds an individual that wants to buy a slave.  The buyers will be a ruler within diplomatic range)

Sell a slave (you can sell a slave to any eligible ruler within diplomatic range)

Send (a slave) to the breeding pens

Breed a (female) slave (with a chosen male slave)

Breed a (male) slave (with a chosen female slave)
Have sex with a slave (variable pregnancy chances depended on the fertility of the master and slave)
Make (a slave into a) whore (The slave will start earning money as a prostitute for you with the money going directly to you.  Eligible clients are drawn from the realm)
Find a client (allows you to find a client, usually someone with a grudge against your slave, for your slave.  There's a cool-down for this action; the action will disappear during the cool-down.)
Stop whoring out your slave (you probably still want an old slave to continue having sex, but in case you want to be nice... or want the slave for something else.)
Take a slave's money (sometimes you enslave someone rich or the slave somehow manages to make money on their own...  That money belongs to you; so, just take it)

Train a slave (you can train a slave in obedience <opinion modifiers>, sexual <vanilla fertility traits> or slave virtues <virtue traits minus chaste>.

Targeted decisions (other):

Raiding a court allows you to select a landed NPC.  You can, if successful, imprison a member, usually an un-landed courtier, of that court.

Buy a person decision: allows the player to secretly purchase free (non-enslaved) courtiers from a foreign lord (works - needs tweaking)

Plots

Plot to Kidnap allows you to start a plot to imprison a courtier.

Plot to Enslave allows you to start a plot to convince "the people" that a lord deserves enslavement.  If successful, the lord is stripped of titles, enslaved and placed in your court.

Minor Titles:
Slave Raider unlocks the ability to raid another lord's court.  
Slave Trainer will train slaves at set intervals in: obedience <opinion modifiers>, sexual <vanilla fertility traits> and/or slave virtues <virtue traits minus chaste>. 

Whore Master will, in a future update, be required to whore out slaves and will, currently implemented, train slaves in obedience and slave virtues.

The Breed Master is required to have your breeding stock automatically start breeding with each other.

Auction Master will, in a future update, be required to auction off slaves.

Pictures:

Custom-made pictures (via 3d rendering) to depict various events resulting from player decisions: branding (I think i could do better), start auction, end auction, selling a slave, raiding a court, buying a person (success, partial success and failure), start training, obedience training and sexual training (I don't like this picture; so...)

Notes:

Colors designate the level of comfort I have in the feature.  Green generally denotes something I have few or no plans on updating.  Yellow usually designates something that is functioning but I know the numbers under hood definitely need tweaking.  Red is something that isn't done or in the latest build yet....  Also, you will only need one of the ZIP files to use this mod.  The mod with largest number is the most recent build.  The other ZIP file is there just in case something goes wrong (i.e. - a game breaking bug).  You shouldn't have to use the older build...  Like, ever...

I reworked some of the selling mechanics (under the hood) in this update.  It's still not quite what I'm looking for...  However, it'll do for now.  I also added some crime modifiers to existing opinions.  This is for future features.  Right now, it just makes more rivals if you enslave someone's family members. 

Sorry about the late update; however, my computer took a dump.  I had to wait for parts to bring it back up. 

This update (a6) involves some under the hood adjustments like: correcting a training issue where normal citizens received slave training and some adjustments to the breeding logic.  However, the majority are new features.  You can now breed male slaves with female slaves.  The previous build restricted breeding from the female portrait only; now you can do it from both males and females.  I've also add a kidnap and enslave plot.  The kidnap plot works on un-landed characters, and the enslave plot works on landed characters.  There are two decisions that exist if you click on your portrait.  These decisions just reset your character's flags involving these plots.  You shouldn't have to use them, but...  It's hard to tell if the flags aren't clearing properly or if I'm just an impatient bastard... 

In addition, your whores and breeders will automatically start whoring or breeding as long as you have a whore master or breed master, and I adjusted the pricing when purchasing a person from another lord.

Future Plans:

Continue picture creation (goal is to eventually have multiple possible pictures for each event)
Balance tweaks (some features, like the Slave Trainer results, definitely need adjustments for a game balance perspective)

• Add functionality (i.e. a reason for) to the various KISS slave titles (auction master)
  • Create a more robust opinion system for Slave Trader trait...
  • Codify event scripts; fix missing text
  • Rework the automatic training decision events...  (They are a mess)...
  • Create an system that will automatically, with player veto ability, auction off slaves assigned to a new role (auction block) or not assigned a legitimate slave job (prostitute, breeder, servant).

Better gender integration (expand functions to cover both male and female slaves)
Random events (chance to enslave someone that "shouldn't" be enslaved for example)
Secret Society (Society of Agnatic Surpremacy / Femina Seditio)

AI decision versions of some player decisions

AI tweaks and recalculations....

Playtesting (green/done - yellow/working - red/unfinished):

Continue picture creation (goal is to eventually have multiple possible pictures for each event)

Create a servant and auction block trait for slaves

Create a system to automatically sell auction block slaves via the Auction Master

Rework the breeding system to use a trait instead of a character flag (quality of life feature to make finding a breeder easier)

Rework and standardize the automatic slave training feature

Standardize the code for all events (for my sanity on future updates)

• Buy a person event standardized (add a time delay to final results)

Acknowledgements:

Beornwahl - I used Beornwahl's King of Slaves and Vices (KSV) as a base template for this module.  Many of the graphics are from KSV and many of the features originated from KSV.  Needless to say, KSV was (well...  still is) one of my favorite mods out there.

Any suggestions or bug reports are greatly appreciated.  Actually, feedback, suggestions and bug reports are really, really, really appreciated.  If there is a feature that you would like to see... Let me know.  If there's a feature that can be made better...  I don't know...  Let me know.  Feedback is good!

KISS a5.zip

KISS a6.zip

Have you seen my mod

They sound similar, especially both being based off a love of KSV *high-five*.

I'm pretty close to being done with tweaking and putting this out the door, but don't want to tread on anyones toes, and wondered if there's anything we can do to to make sure they play nice together :).

4 hours ago, dwjlien said:

Have you seen my mod

They sound similar, especially both being based off a love of KSV *high-five*.

I'm pretty close to being done with tweaking and putting this out the door, but don't want to tread on anyones toes, and wondered if there's anything we can do to to make sure they play nice together :).

Yeah.  I've seen your mod and enjoyed it immensely.  The main difference between our mods is the style of "immersion".  IST requires a great deal of decision making and, by extension, clicking by the player.  This can be fun; I enjoyed it on my first play through.  However, it can lead to some level of "clicking" fatigue.  In addition, NPC rulers don't really get involved in the slave trade.  I think you can sell, but NPCs really don't initiate (if remember right - I haven't played IST in a year or so) anything.  In CHFM, NPC rulers can initiate and enter the slave trade.  Is it at the same level as the player?  Not really.  However, a play through with just CHFM does lead to seeing "Thrallmasters" and "Slave Owners" popup in the world the further the game progresses (most times this does take a few generations).   KISS just adds options to sell slaves, hopefully buy slaves in the future, in a more intuitive, at least I hope so, manner and adds options for sex slavery to CHFM.  It also works under the hood to encourage CHFM to create more slave trading nations.  I didn't want to reinvent the whole wheel, which is why I used CHFM as the base mod.  It does 90% of the heavy lifting I wanted from a slavery mod; I just added the last 10%.  My goal was to provide that level of enjoyment while limiting the need for player intervention or clicking.   

td;lr (did I get that right?  I'm not an inter-web type of person): I think both our goals are to be more immersive; we just have different approaches to providing immersion.  Because of this, I don't think we really "treading" the same area; IST and KISS should appeal to different players based on their play-style preference although those players probably will share similar "fetishes". 

I play nice with everyone, except NPCs that I want to enslave...  You're not an NPC right?

Oh thats great, yeah IST is purely for the player. ZERO AI functionality. It's more of a mind break mod a special perk/power fantasy, the selling is just a gameplay benefit. Seems like they'll be good together:). 100% with you on the clicking thing, I have now implement group/all at once functionality, much better. I digress.

Good luck on this! Staying focused and committed is a real challenge... and er, I can't promise I'm not an NPC... in fact im always badgering locksely for help, like a pathetic NPC bothering the main character... hmm?

• 2 weeks later...

Uploaded an update (KISS alpha 2)

Reworked the sell a slave decision.  Decision will now sell a slave to a random lord within diplomatic range at a semi-random sale price of: 5, 10, 25, 70, 145, 225 or 375 gold.  The amounts are weighted based on the slave's traits.  Negative traits increase the chances of a lower sale; positive traits increase the chance of a higher sale.  Negative traits can also keep a slave from selling at a higher level (i.e. - Some negative traits will only allow a slave to sell for 5, 10 or 25 gold). 

Removed the sell a wife decision.  It was just bugged; I mean really bugged...  It was so frustrating that I just canned it.  However, I do plan on putting a similar decision back in.  Instead of selling a wife, I will add a sell a slave decision.  You can sell a slave to any lord in a realm with slavery laws.  This decision will look at the slave and buyer and set them up appropriately (i.e. an attractive female slave will automatically be married, or consorted to, an unmarried buyer).  I will structure it differently to avoid the original bug.

The have sex decision has been tweaked to give variable chances for pregnancy.  Right now the percentages are 0, 25, 50 or 100%, and are based on the fertility score of the master and slave.  The percentages are limited because it was easier to lump the master and slave into a pair of checks that bump or dump the initial 25% chance.  I do plan on breaking out the master and slave into separate checks; however, I want to "do the math" first.  Math requires thought that I didn't want to expend on this update...  :)

Created a buy a person decision.  This decision is to purchase non-slaves (regular courtiers with a small chance of getting a minor, baron level, lord) from another lord as a slave.  The basic premise is that your slave raider works with another lord to trick his or her courtier into becoming your slave.  Needless to say, you lose gold; the other lord gains gold.  There are three possible outcomes.  First, you gain the slave.  Your slave raider's scheme with the other lord works, and the courtier is moved to your court as a slave.  Second, the scheme works but is discovered.  The courtier is imprisoned by you, and NPC's related to the courtier get opinions, the negative type, based on your action.  You have to manual enslave the courtier; so, opinions can stack pretty fast.  In addition, if you imprison a lord, you won't be able to enslave him or her.  Third, you failed miserably.  The courtier escaped.  Appropriate opinion modifiers are added to everyone involved; the courtier remains in the original lord's court (this might change in the future - banishment is possibility to express the courtier's displeasure with his or her lord).

Reworked the raid a court decision.  I tweaked the percentages for raiding a court.  The percentages should generally be slightly higher, and I did add an additional outcome.  The possible outcomes are: you successfully capture an courtier in the court, nothing happens (basically your slave raider doesn't get any opportunity to implement a kidnapping plan), or your slave raider is captured during a kidnapping attempt. 

If anyone has suggestions or bug to report, please feel free to let me know...

• 2 weeks later...

Uploaded an update (KISS alpha 3):

Added a sell a slave decision.  For selling a slave, I used a slightly different methodology than in auctioning a slave.  The base scale (5, 10, 25... 375 gold) is the same, but the requirements for a high priced sale is different.  I know that it can create a disconnect, but I had to see both scales in action to make a decision on which direction I wanted to go with it.  I would really appreciate any feedback on the pricing / selling mechanic.  Help me help you get a better mod!  You select the slave to sell and potential buyer from the resulting list.

Added a buy a slave decision that follows the sell a slave decision, at least from a logic and structure stand-point.  In other words, the pricing system is the same as in the sell a slave decision.  You target the slave you want to buy.  The decision will find the owner, right price and make you an offer...

Renamed the original sell a slave decision to auction a slave. 

Tweaked the pregnancy percentages, again.  I broke out the master's and slave's fertility score.  Basically, you should get an approximate average of the master's and slave's score as your impregnation percentage.  There a few weird circumstances where this average won't equate to a 10 digit (i.e. 10%, 20%, 30% and so on), but most cases should be divisible by 10.  In addition, I fixed a logic error where a male whore would impregnate a male client. 

AI lords should enslave some of their prisoners.  The AI logic has been in the mod for awhile, but some structural errors prevented them from firing.  It's probably the more difficult feature to confirm.  If you play through and can confirm that lords (other than the player) enslave prisoners, please let me know....

Added a train a slave decision.  This decision is probably different to the similar decision from other slavery mods.  I don't believe in creating additional traits unless it is necessary (or becomes a better control mechanism for me).  Consequently, the training decision will only give you a chance to add existing (for the most part) traits to a slave.  For example, virtue training will remove most of the vanilla game's vice traits from a slave one at a time.  If there are no vice traits, the training will allow a chance of adding a vanilla virtue trait.  Traits added to slave by training will generally increase the slave's sale price.  Training success is dependent on the intrigue score (both yours and the slave's).  Currently, you can train obedience, sex and virtues.  Obedience is involves modifying the opinion of a slave; sex training will remove or add fertility traits to the slave.  Virtue training adds or removes virtue (think the seven vices / virtues), physical training (groomed, sturdy, etc) and other personality traits.  The Slave Trainer does the exact same training just using a slightly different, currently, methodology.

Add some pictures to events because...  people like pictures...  Right?

I highly encourage feedback and/or decisions.  It makes writing code easier...  Let's make CK2 slavery great again...  Joke...  Funny, maybe?

On 1/16/2020 at 2:33 AM, babanathie said:

Add some pictures to events because...  people like pictures...  Right?

I highly encourage feedback and/or decisions.  It makes writing code easier...  Let's make CK2 slavery great again...  Joke...  Funny, maybe?

Hello @babanathie!

If you need help with the pictures I could provide and help you with that... it is my specialty..! ?

Preferable, it would be awesome if you add narrative 472x472 pictures with the narrative event window LFantasia is using!!!

And... could you please explain, what is the deference between this and @dwjlien's mod? Is it possible to use both?

Or is there any possibuility, you two, working together, creating the perfect slavery and prostitution mod "the world has ever seen"? ?

(With DWR compatibility) ??

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Drax70 said:

Hello @babanathie!

If you need help with the pictures I could provide and help you with that... it is my specialty..! ?

Preferable, it would be awesome if you add narrative 472x472 pictures with the narrative event window LFantasia is using!!!

And... could you please explain, what is the deference between this and @dwjlien's mod? Is it possible to use both?

Or is there any possibuility, you two, working together, creating the perfect slavery and prostitution mod "the world has ever seen"? ?

(With DWR compatibility) ??

Thanks!

Integrating mods is something I envision more for beta than alpha at this point.  It is something I plan on integrating; however, I want to have a good feel for the modding engine before I tackle it.  The goal is to get all the base features into the mod during alpha and then expand, which includes providing integration to other mods, in beta. 

KISS's goal is not to emulate IST.  It's goal is to include the NPC along with the PC and allow the player to take a break from direct control as desired while keeping the features active and running.  I want to put as many features under the hood as possible.  For example, prostitution happens without player input outside of the initial direction to make a slave a whore.  The same thing happens with breeders, something I'm working on right now.  The player driven decisions exist to allow the player the ability to participate when they want (hopefully more often than not).  On another level, I also don't create many traits.  Training a slave in KISS involves directing the game to award vanilla traits that exemplify a slave, or more specifically a sex slave.  The player, slave trainer or other minor title holders (something coming in the future) direct events that give a slave the diligent, patient, lustful, etc traits or affect the opinion of the slave to its owner.  Training also strives to eliminate negative traits, like fat, gluttonous, uncouth, etc, from the slave character. 

Could you make an argument that KISS and IST do the same things?  Yes, but KISS does it in a very different way or strives to go beyond that by creating a world that the NPC can be just as despicable (or "great" depending on your point of view) as the player.  As for DWR and LF...  I'm looking at ways of integrating or streamlining with those mods, but that is something that won't happen until beta.  I need to get the basic features done, which is also teaching me about the modding engine, before I tackle something like that...  If I tried to do integration and the basic stuff at the same time...  MY HEAD WOULD FREAKING EXPLODE!!!  That's a joke...  But not too far off...

As for using both IST and KISS...  They should be compatible; I haven't tested them together though.  They are, generally speaking, redundant in player function at this point though.  IST is more polished, it's been out for much longer, than KISS; however, IST isn't as robust in the slave sales department.  The player selling slaves, in KISS, can actually cause nations to adopt slavery and sell their own slaves.  In theory though, I use my own naming convention that should avoid direct conflict with IST outside of some early features I worked on.  That's assuming that IST uses some stuff from our parent mod, KSV.  If there is a conflict, I'll be happy to update the naming convention of those early features to avoid conflict.   It's part of my plan during alpha; it'll just force me to move it up a build or two in the process...

But any help you want to provide will be greatly appreciated.  I like rendering pictures, but I have to be "in the mood".  Lately...  I haven't been "in the mood".  The breeding feature is irritating me just enough to make me want to...  anyways...  you get the picture.  <Pun intended>.

I understand..! But an excelent mechanic has DWExtras mod as well, have you tried that? But I must notify you, and not sure if you have tested it, that it is just for the player not the AI. This always bothered me though because I considered it as a cheat and you could easily exploit it for tons of money. You train, sell, you build your money making structures... and before you know it, you are a super-duke with a massive army from retinues and a good income from buildings alone...! Very fun to play despite all that!!! lol

No.  I haven't tried DWExtras.  I've done DWR, DWF (pre-LF), KSV and IST primarily.  My current run is Improved Genetics 2.0, Merciless Ruler, CFH modules and KISS.  I do this mostly for testing purposes...  IG2 doesn't seem to adversely affect testing.  Merciless Ruler...  I actually don't use any of the features anymore...  I just don't have the heart to eliminate it...

• 2 weeks later...

Uploaded KISS a4

Removed the event for branding a slave.  It just added too many clicks for the player.  I might bring it back as a intrigue decision that the player can toggle whether the event shows...

Removed Harem slave minor titles (recommend that you remove any slaves from the Harem minor titles before upgrading).  This minor title was just...  not necessary to implement the features I had intended for it.  Consequently, I took it out.

Added a Whore Master minor title.  This title will be required in future updates to activate the feature that automatically finds clients for your whores.  Your character can still find clients for your whores.  In addition, the Whore Master will train characters with the Prostitute trait.  This training is limited to obedience and virtues.

Added a Breed Master minor title.  This title is required to activate the automatic slave breeding features.  Without a character in the title, only the player can arrange for slaves to breed.

Added a decision to send a slave to the "breeding pens".  Slaves in the breeding pen can be bred, automatically or by player decision.

Added a decision to breed slaves.  You have to select a female slave to select the breeding decision.  Once selected, you will have the ability to choose a male slave to breed with the female slave.

Streamlined the automatic slave training functions.  The Slave Trainer, Whore Master and Breed Master automatically train slaves.  Each title emphasizes a different area of training and who conducts the training is dependent on the slave's job.

12 hours ago, babanathie said:

Uploaded KISS a4

Removed the event for branding a slave.  It just added too many clicks for the player.  I might bring it back as a intrigue decision that the player can toggle whether the event shows...

You can make it compatible, as a feature, for DWR branding event...! Maybe? Or... as a continuation for anybody wanting both?

Thanks!

I could, but I want to concentrate on the streamlining the selling mechanic and give players the ability to set slavery laws at the beginning of a new game.  After that, I plan on a few more updates before I feel comfortable with going to a "beta" status.  Once in beta, I want to look, or more accurately re-look, at other mods (besides CFH and look to address compatibility issues).  At that point, I promise to come up with a good, and hopefully a balanced way, to incorporate other mod's, like DWR, IST and LF, features into KISS.  Assuming I can come up with a good method to blend with them.  I want the major features in place, or at least at a point where I don't foresee the need for major tweaking, before messing with other mods. 

tl;dr - Unfortunately, I still feel a little wishy-washy on some of the basic features.  That worries me about tackling something like integrating with another mod on top of CFH...  Give me some more time to work out some basic kinks out...  Then I'll look at the more complex stuffs...

Ok my friend!

But, as an advice...

because these stuff gets you stressed, most of the time, when you feel frustrated, pause for 15-20 minutes to you get in a relaxed state and THEN try to find the problem!

Keep it up and I think this mod is going to be perfect as far as slavery is concerned!

Thanks! ?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay...  I'm back.  I took a week... make that two weeks...  off from modding.  Just to recharge my batteries.  So the plan is to update the selling and buying of slaves along with a option to start a new game with slavery in place with this next update.  The following update will revolve around updating the raiding a court and buying a person decisions along with updating the AI routines related to NPC rulers.

• 1 month later...

Sorry it took so long, but works been hectic the last few months and has gotten worse since the outbreak.  Hopefully, everyone is doing good...

Anyways, this is a relatively small update.  I only added one decision, but I did rework a few other decisions.

Stuff that altered existing decisions:

• Streamlined the sell a slave decision
  • Streamlined the auction a slave decision
  • Streamlined the buy a slave decision
  • Added crime modifiers to existing opinions for future features

The new decision:

• Decision that allows for the player's kingdom to immediately adopt slavery laws

My next update shouldn't take as long...  Sorry again.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i would like to test the mod, but CHF Modules+ is not working well with me being in Germany. It seeded in an old game all chars with random traits from other mods like Christianity Mod, your mod or from CHF. Same with Slavery Module alone.

And if i start a new game in the rules all new rules from your mod or CHF are labeled as GERMAN.

so, i've done a few things, but in the end changed the in-game language to English and everything seems working as it should be. But as an experiment i could say, that KISS and CHF should never be implemented in an running game which has other mod's with custom traits, since it's messes a lot with them, especially with LF Series, Tentacle Dream and Christianity Mod.