Question to 3DS Max Users on importing the new CBBE 3.2 body

R0R0N0

I've been having problems importing the new CBBE body.

When I import "femalebody_x" with the skeleton, the skeleton outline doesn't show around the body and when I try to rotate any of the bones, they start to deform.

post-82073-13597882955914_thumb.jpg

So I decided to import "skeleton.nif" first before importing "femalebody_x" and that works fine with me rotating the individual bones, but when I try to import another body part like for e.g. "femalefeet_x"

this happens:

post-82073-13597882957068_thumb.jpg

Anyone else stumble upon this problem?

I'm thinking maybe I should uninstall and reinstall 3dsmax and nif importer/exporter plugin :huh:

I have alot of alignment issues with CBBE lately, I even grabbed the official files to use on the nexus site that Caliente uploaded for it (I REALLY want to use my femalebody_0 bodyslide file though, I love cleavage!)...it's almost like the body itself isn't sitting where it should be when it is imported. I was able to solve most of it by importing the skeleton with the standard body, then targeting the body and exporting selected...then reloading the export. I don't know if that's the right solution, but it seems to work for me. And I REALLY hope that made sense, very long day and my meds are kicking my tail right now, lol.

I have alot of alignment issues with CBBE lately' date=' I even grabbed the official files to use on the nexus site that Caliente uploaded for it (I REALLY want to use my femalebody_0 bodyslide file though, I love cleavage!)...it's almost like the body itself isn't sitting where it should be when it is imported. I was able to solve most of it by importing the skeleton with the standard body, then targeting the body and exporting selected...then reloading the export. I don't know if that's the right solution, but it seems to work for me. And I REALLY hope that made sense, very long day and my meds are kicking my tail right now, lol.

[/quote']

Oooh I see what you mean, that actually sounds about right. I'm going to give it a try, if I don't succeed then I'll probably just go back to using 3.1 cbbe.

well same thing happen to me with blender when first rigging an armor for skyrim, so i just look for an armor mods in nexus that was build with gauntlets and boots. in nifskope i just removed all the meshes and leaving all the bones, then use it as a base, copying all the mesh i want into it i.e UNP body, hand, feet. luckily it all went perfectly line up instead importing them separately into blender. no more weird things like misaligned happen since then. might you want to try.

well same thing happen to me with blender when first rigging an armor for skyrim' date=' so i just look for an armor mods in nexus that was build with gauntlets and boots. in nifskope i just removed all the meshes and leaving all the bones, then use it as a base, copying all the mesh i want into it i.e UNP body, hand, feet. luckily it all went perfectly line up instead importing them separately into blender. no more weird things like misaligned happen since then. might you want to try.

[/quote']

Hmm using nifskope like that sounds like a pain, but I might just give that a try too.

Thanks anubis

well same thing happen to me with blender when first rigging an armor for skyrim' date=' so i just look for an armor mods in nexus that was build with gauntlets and boots. in nifskope i just removed all the meshes and leaving all the bones, then use it as a base, copying all the mesh i want into it i.e UNP body, hand, feet. luckily it all went perfectly line up instead importing them separately into blender. no more weird things like misaligned happen since then. might you want to try.

[/quote']

Hmm using nifskope like that sounds like a pain, but I might just give that a try too.

Thanks anubis

If Your Using XP32 Skeleton to Rig, I doubt the upper Half of the Bones will Move Fully. They Are Fixed Sort of.....

And They Weren't Designed to Move at all especially the Spine bones.

Cheers

If your Having Alignment issues , Import A Head Mesh First with the Skeleton and then Import the CBBE Mesh without the Skeleton .

Should Work that Way Mostly , If I remember

Cheers

EDIT - Import the BODY Mesh With the Skeleton First , After that With out Lol .

My Bad

If Your Using XP32 Skeleton to Rig' date=' I doubt the upper Half of the Bones will Move Fully. They Are Fixed Sort of.....

And They Weren't Designed to Move at all especially the Spine bones.

Cheers

[/quote']

Thanks for the info, I wasn't using xp32's skeleton in this case but I do have a few armors I'm planning to test xp32's skeleton on so this was useful to know.

If your Having Alignment issues ' date=' Import A Head Mesh First with the Skeleton and then Import the CBBE Mesh without the Skeleton .

Should Work that Way Mostly , If I remember

Cheers

EDIT - Import the BODY Mesh With the Skeleton First , After that With out Lol .

My Bad

[/quote']

Lol I'll try both and see the results, thanks again.

butting in . . .

It's not you guys' date=' it's max

max is a fucking moron.

end of tangent.

[/quote']

Yeah I think so too, I'm just giving up on the 3.2 body, I can't get myself to learn to use blender so I'm going to stick with 3.1 body.

• 2 months later...

Have you tried importing the skeleton alone first and then the body? xp skeleton had this weird issue where if I imported a body mesh and selected the skeleton at the bottom of the importer window it would skew the bone lengths, but if I imported the skeleton by itself first and then the body it wouldn't happen. If the wrong part of the body is deforming when you rotate a joint there might be some bones missing. What skeleton are you using?

Have you tried importing the skeleton alone first and then the body? xp skeleton had this weird issue where if I imported a body mesh and selected the skeleton at the bottom of the importer window it would skew the bone lengths, but if I imported the skeleton by itself first and then the body it wouldn't happen. If the wrong part of the body is deforming when you rotate a joint there might be some bones missing. What skeleton are you using?

I personaly tried to import the CBBE body alone + skeleton ( whatever the CBBE body - default "3.2 curvy" the one from his "modder resources" one i made with the body sliders )

Tried to import the vanilla skeleton

tried to import the perfect 3-2 skeleton ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11064 )

tried import the vanilla body, and import the CBBE 3.2 body..

no matter what, always the body position problem.

• 1 month later...

I realize that this is an older post, but I have slowly been getting the hang of 3ds Max since I last posted...and have finally gotten to where I can do conversions easily. In addition to this, I figured out a way to get a workable CBBE 3.2 body mesh to use in Max without the displacement. Now, I'll start off by saying that I don't use BBP with CBBE, so I don't know exactly how that would impact what I am going to explain, but I would think it would work the same. Also, since my learning is still a WIP, I am still working on working weight sliders...but I will say that I always use minimum weight slider, lol, so it isn't exactly as priority for me. :P

First, I picked up Remodeled Armors for CBBE, the version by Chronotrigger with CB++ Bodyslide built in ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25259//? ). I used the Hide Armor as a template in bodyslide, did what adjusting I wanted on the body, and then created the body by control click, so that the meshes were easier to get to. I opened the new meshes in Nifskope, and removed all pieces of the armor, then saved using a name I would easily remember.  Next, I opened each mesh in Max, and I imported the skeleton with the body mesh, not seperately...at this point, the editable mesh vs the skin and bsskinmodifier were still a bit displaced. So, I right clicked the body, hit Clone, which gave me two bodies. Then I clicked on the body I was editing, selected the skin modifier, right clicked the skin modifier, and selected Collapse All. Click Yes to the warning. With the editable mesh selected, I made a BSSkinModifier, then a Skin Wrap modifier. I clicked the "Add" button under Skin Wrap, then went to the image and clicked the other body in the scene. You'll see it pop up in the blank box. Scroll down, and make sure Blend to Base Mesh and Weigh All Points are checkmarked....then click the Convert to Skin button. I then deleted the Skin Wrap modifier. Next, I clicked and dragged the BSSkinModifier to the top of the modifier list. Click on the Editable Mesh again, and select the Smooth modifier...select 2 (the Smooth modifier should be attached to the Skin modifier, not the BSSkinModifier). Now you can select the BSSkinModifier to set that up. Scroll down through where it says Torso until you see Skyrim, Main Body, and select that. Next, I chose the Select Element button just below that (the little square box), and then click and drag across all parts of your scene to be sure you get all of the faces. They will turn red then. :) After that, you can exoprt selected, and set the new mesh up in Nifskope. Next time you load your body, it'll work! :D

I know I just wrote a novel, but while trying to find information on this through Google, directions for some stuff was very vague. So I wanted to try to explain as best I could how I got it done, since it took me so long to figure it out myself lol. :P I have a couple of screens of results of a conversion I just did, still got a bit of clipping, but finally I've figured out how to convert armors and just wanted to show off a bit I suppose. ^^ (I apologize for saying this, but I won't actually be able to release the conversion, as I don't think it would live up to the author's standards for release, so I won't ask permission to do so right now...)

post-75600-0-31625400-1369162666_thumb.jpg

post-75600-0-27838800-1369162689_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Archived