Crime Statistics

Kendo 2

47 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I've never used it but this is what the CK says:

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=GetPCMiscStat

Thanks.  I looked in the CK and couldn't find anything relating to 'crime' and now I know why.

In your opinion, what would be a reasonable value for something like 'assaults'?  The way the game tracks crime, hunting deer or attacking a hostile NPC before they detect you is considered assault.  The reason I'm asking is I'm doing a 'no crime' play-through but the guards are still saying lines like 'Cause trouble in Whiterun and I'll throw you in the Dragon's Reach dungeon myself.'  I'm going to add a condition to their dialogue that will block their lines UNTIL I actually break the law or commit a crime.

29 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Thanks.  I looked in the CK and couldn't find anything relating to 'crime' and now I know why.

In your opinion, what would be a reasonable value for something like 'assaults'?  The way the game tracks crime, hunting deer or attacking a hostile NPC before they detect you is considered assault.  The reason I'm asking is I'm doing a 'no crime' play-through but the guards are still saying lines like 'Cause trouble in Whiterun and I'll throw you in the Dragon's Reach dungeon myself.'  I'm going to add a condition to their dialogue that will block their lines UNTIL I actually break the law or commit a crime.

I'm not certain that I understand your question. I THINK all these MiscStat's are what Skyrim keeps to show in that horrible long list of things that you can look up in the McMenu under Game Stats.  I THINK the guards act only upon fines levied (which means if you kill the witnesses, thereby doing MORE assaults, you can keep the guards off your back). That dialogue line is just a throwaway like most of the junk that they say are. It's nice for ambience sometimes but unhelpful (unless you're talking about some mod dialogues which the guards have - they are very helpful but also unvoiced). All of that being said, if you mean, how many assaults should you be able to do without hearing that line I would suggest that you either 1) set it low so that the people playing through the DB quests are going to get it or, if you're feeling ambitious, 2) set up a McMenu for your mod and let the player decide for themselves.

1 hour ago, Psalam said:

I'm not certain that I understand your question.

I'm going to add a condition to the dialogue to where if the crime stat value is low they won't say the line.  I'll probably add a script as well to where once the line is said no one can use it again for 24 hrs.  I had forgotten how repetitive and annoying Skyrim NPCs are.

15 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Not that anyone cares, but doing this is a lot easier than I thought it would be.  It's actually refreshing; walking into a town and NPCs keeping their mouths shut.  Thanks to @Psalam for pointing me in the right direction.

You're very welcome for what little I did.

Archived