Morphable Carboncats Latex Hoods

View File

This is a modification of the Latex Hoods made by Carboncats, modified to automatically conform to player/npc facegen morphs, with support for all humanoid races.

Even though it works (afaik), this is not a finished mod, but rather a modders resource (i posted it here, because SSE doesn't have a modders resource category).
Think of it as a working proof of concept.

REQUIREMENTS

• SKSE or SKSE64
  • RaceMenu for SSE, or its Oldrim equivalent
  • NOTE: I set this download as "Regular Edition Compatible", because 99% of it (the TRI morphs) should work in Oldrim as they are, but the ESP plugin probably wont work in Oldrim (somebody pls confirm this?)

INSTALLATION

Since this is intended to be a modders resource, i didn't bother adding a fomod/bain install scripts or packing it in any specific way to allow easy installation via a mod manager of your choice (it may work, it may not).
In general, simply unpack the archive into game's Data folder (make sure you know what you are doing - if your game setup depends on MO2/Vortex virtual filesystem, you need to take that into consideration).

HOW TO USE IT

I didn't add the items to any vendors, or leveled lists, nor did i created any crafting recipes, so you need to use the console to obtain the items in game.
Open console and use "help carbon 4" to get the formIds of the items, then use the "player.additem <formId> 1" to get them.

HOW DOES IT WORK

Normal helmets/headgear cannot automatically conform to facegen morphs, only headparts can.
So, the hoods items in your inventory are just dummy "inventory items", using empty Armor Addon, occupying slot 41 (long hair), and the hoods you see on the character when equipping these items, are actually headparts of type hair added to the actor via script.
When you equip the hood item, a tiny script attached to the item will add special ability to the actor (i left it visible in UI for now, so you can see the magic effect in UI as "Carboncats Hood"), and then sends a mod event which tells the magic effect script to replace actor's original hair with special (hood) headpart.

When you unequip the hood, the ability magic effect script will put back the original hair and remove the ability from the actor (there is a 2sec delay before the ability is actually removed, in case the removal was triggered by equipping a different hood, in which case the ability removal will be aborted so the ability can be reused).

(i didn't tested it much during a real game-play, and i mostly tested it on teh player, so i am not sure how the system will work with NPCs especially if their 3D gets unloaded when they leave current cell, etc., so the system may still need to address some possible quirks, or maybe even get replaced by a completely different method)

KNOWN ISSUES

• There is still some clipping depending on the facegen morphs used by the player or NPC wearing the hood.
    I intend to redo all the TRI morphs from scratch again, but its more than 500 morphs, so it will take some time.
    Anybody is free to fix the morphs and release a patch or a fully working mod (according to Carboncats himself, the permissions seem quite open, but you'd best drop him a message before you do so, just to be sure)

• BEWARE opening the ESP in Creation Kit
    The item script "RoggCCH_DummyHeadItem", attached to all the armor items, contains property of type form called "RoggCCHood", referencing the headpart to be used for this item.
    For some silly reason (probably a bug in CK), this property cannot be filled from CK.
    If you try to open the plugin in CK, it is possible it may reset these properties to null values, and if you save the plugin from CK, you may have to use xEdit to put the original values back.
    Similarly, if you would want to add new hood items, maybe more color variants, then you will need to use xEdit to fill this property on each of the items you added/edited.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/21/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE, RaceMenu
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Yes

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 7:04 PM, typoking1107 said:

If the hoods morph to a character's facegen data then does that mean they work for male characters?

Nope. Only female heads.
Of course, it is possible to do it the same way for male heads, but i am probably not going to do that (it is a LOT of work and i am already too busy).

On 1/9/2020 at 4:38 PM, patchworkpants said:

I'm having trouble removing the hoods. They don't appear equipped in the menu and when I try unequip them nothing happens and the hood stays on.

No idea. Its possible the system is flawed, but right now i do not see what could be the problem.
Could be also some other mod interfering somehow, maybe you are running something that doesn't want the dummy inventory item equipped, or you equipped something that conflict with it slot-wise?
Sorry, i dont know.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 10:58 PM, AntoinneDeCuir said:

Cool mod - but unfortunately it won´t show up in Oldrim. The masks can be equipped and the magic effect is active but nothing will be shown. Any chance to fix the .esp? Thank you ?

Maybe you should try this one: 

It's the original and was made for Oldrim. But read the comments for an updated version, I think the link at the bottom of the post has some cliping issues.

• 8 months later...

Been using this for a year now in my game,  it works perfectly in some presets out of the box,  but some clippings occur in some different face presets.Still it's my favorite head slot item in-game tho, thanks for the conversion to SE.

hope there will be a updated version in future with more support to reduce clipping at some presets

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 6:20 AM, Mortalstrike said:

Been using this for a year now in my game,  it works perfectly in some presets out of the box,  but some clippings occur in some different face presets.Still it's my favorite head slot item in-game tho, thanks for the conversion to SE.

hope there will be a updated version in future with more support to reduce clipping at some presets

It is on my TODO list to make this into a proper mod, and of course redo all the morphs after adjusting the hood topology to be more in line with the topology of the head meshes.
Unfortunately, my TODO list is long, and this is not the first item on it, so it will take a long time before i get to it.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hope so, coz I am still using this mod all the time.

On 5/13/2021 at 12:25 PM, Roggvir said:

It is on my TODO list to make this into a proper mod, and of course redo all the morphs after adjusting the hood topology to be more in line with the topology of the head meshes.
Unfortunately, my TODO list is long, and this is not the first item on it, so it will take a long time before i get to it.

I know this has been written 2 years ago, and I don't know if it's still on the list.But sure hope so, this style of Latex/Gimp mask is a pretty good concept.

12 hours ago, Electricdive said:

Hope so, coz I am still using this mod all the time.

I know this has been written 2 years ago, and I don't know if it's still on the list.But sure hope so, this style of Latex/Gimp mask is a pretty good concept.

It is still on my TODO list, as are many other things, unfortunately, and barely any time to do anything.
I am secreatly hoping somebody will take over and fulfill all my failed promises :)

It may take a long time before i get to it - but maybe somebody will step in, it isn't hard, just tedious to make all the morhps.

Edited by Roggvir
  • 11 months later...