Turrets stopped working?

For about a week now, my turrets stopped working in game. Enemy totally, and my created turrets sometimes. Killing them spawns no ammo. I have disabled every mod that might remotely touch turrets, including any recent loaded. Have tried looking in game file for leftover scripts from bad mods, but can find nothing. At a loss..

9 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

For about a week now, my turrets stopped working in game. Enemy totally, and my created turrets sometimes. Killing them spawns no ammo. I have disabled every mod that might remotely touch turrets, including any recent loaded. Have tried looking in game file for leftover scripts from bad mods, but can find nothing. At a loss..

Have you tried deleting some saves to see if that helps?

:no_mouth:

4 hours ago, VonHelton said:

Have you tried deleting some saves to see if that helps?

:no_mouth:

Yep........even started whole new games. My thinking is somehow a mod removed ammo from them, because killing them yeilds none. But, as stated, I have tried games with those type mods disabled and mostly enemy turrets are dead. Sometimes, I am able to build turrets and they are alright but bad guy stuff no joy. I even did a Vortex purge of my mods, which removes them from game file and allows me to look for old mod fragments, but nothing I can see. 90% of my mods are basically cosmetic characters and performance type mods. Unless a performance mod can affect them, but would not know how..?

On 11/17/2019 at 4:17 PM, maddadicusrex said:

90% of my mods are basically cosmetic characters and performance type mods. 

You never know what a mod does unless you took a look at it in xEdit. I don't think it's a script, sounds more like a mod that removes 5.56 ammo from leveled lists being on your LO. You don't need 100% of your mods overhauling LVLs, just one is enough. The best solution would be firing up xEdit, loading all mods into it and going through the leveled lists checking what mods could alter them - it won't take a lot of time, actually, since most mods are supposed to be cosmetic and performance types, you'll spot the ones with "Leveled" stuff in them right away.

1 hour ago, phillout said:

You never know what a mod does unless you took a look at it in xEdit. I don't think it's a script, sounds more like a mod that removes 5.56 ammo from leveled lists being on your LO. You don't need 100% of your mods overhauling LVLs, just one is enough. The best solution would be firing up xEdit, loading all mods into it and going through the leveled lists checking what mods could alter them - it won't take a lot of time, actually, since most mods are supposed to be cosmetic and performance types, you'll spot the ones with "Leveled" stuff in them right away.

Not PC versed. Loaded F04EDIT from Nexus. At least found out how to auto-clean each mod (hoping that is a good thing) but I have no idea what I am doing with it beyond just auto-cleaning each mod. 

5 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Not PC versed. Loaded F04EDIT from Nexus. At least found out how to auto-clean each mod (hoping that is a good thing) but I have no idea what I am doing with it beyond just auto-cleaning each mod. 

Try clicking on your turret in console mode and type "inv". Look to see if they have any ammo. If they don't use the "additem" command to give them ammo and see if that works.

17 hours ago, walkin said:

Try clicking on your turret in console mode and type "inv". Look to see if they have any ammo. If they don't use the "additem" command to give them ammo and see if that works.

23 hours ago, phillout said:

In this case you could start with posting your load order, maybe someone will spot the mod responsible for this edit from the experience.

It turned out to be one of my favorite all time mods called Survival Pro. It totally nukes guns and most ammo in game. Do not  remember it affecting turrets (probably removes its ammo) before now. The game or other mods added after, may have changed its functions. Have not found a mod similar that removes all guns in game, Trid opening its file to see if reference to turrets could be removed, but it is all written in PC Geek Speak, which I do not speak.

Archived