Weight Gain Mod - Found this

Howdy howdy, I found this weight gain mod from a Ukrainian Deviantartist 
https://www.deviantart.com/coldsteelj/art/Fallout-4-WeightGain-mod-ssbbw-730902010
It looks like it hasn't been updated in about a year. I played around with it earlier and it's actually got some really neat features to it, but it desperately needs a facelift of sorts. An MCM would really help sort things out, a lot of the sound effects need balancing, and the bodyslide assets don't adhere to any body preset in the bodyslide menu, which causes a lot of problems in the game with bodies. It's built for CBBE but doesn't allow you to build to the preset, which creates two separate bodies in game.

There's also endless opportunity to port bodyslide files for it. 
I don't think the original author is updating it anymore, and as far as weight gain based mods go this is the best deal on offer.

I'm hoping that by making this thread I'll start a discussion about it and attract some interest, as I'm really keen to work with people to pick this mod back up and get it flying!

21 hours ago, TopBunMan said:

Oh interesting. It seems very dead in the water. Is he releasing the ports of things to other people privately then or something?

For now apparently, I commissioned an update to the pampas outfit set, and he didn't update the mod link or page, I think he will be updating it sometime soon. 

On 11/12/2019 at 1:51 AM, nezexyzzar said:

There is also this mod that does a similar thing [Workout Through The Fallout]: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/29277

Although it only uses the default sliders instead of bodyslide.

I've used that mod before and they're very similar. The default fallout 4 bodyshape really isn't all that great though, especially when it comes to the extreme ends of the weight triangle.

It'd be great if he posted it to loverslab tbh. The exposure would surely drive more attention to the mod and people'd start making patches, bodyslide conversions, etc.
I've been trying to get my head around bodysliding outfits for it, and have even asked him for tips on how to do it but it really hasn't been going well at all.

Neat! I was actually interested in figuring out how to implement something similar. I'd love it if such a mod integrated with the new "body fat" slider in the latest release of the ZeX/FG body, since it's wonderfully realistic (especially compared to the vanilla triangle, but even compared to things I've cobbled together with an assortment of sliders from CBBE and earlier FG versions). Basically as perfect as how Family Planning Enhanced operates on the pregnancy sliders for various bodies.

On 11/14/2019 at 12:09 PM, GoldenRain said:

I would like it if it only affected the triangle that way you can keep your fav body preset and no need to convert thousands upon thousands of outfits.

There's a mod that does that, but the slider triangle is pretty shitty as far as I'm aware.
workout through the fallout is the one you're after.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, thewright said:

He just posted that he working on the mcm update and is taking suggestions https://www.deviantart.com/coldsteelj/journal/For-Fallout-4-Weight-Gain-mod-users-821193429

My main hangup is that it requires a custom body, and therefore customized clothing, rather than relying on any of the great community-developed bodies which people are already working together to create/convert clothing and armor for. I'm sure when he started creating the mod, body morphs for weight gain/loss weren't as available, but there are options now with some broad community momentum behind them.

On 11/27/2019 at 8:23 PM, vaultbait said:

My main hangup is that it requires a custom body, and therefore customized clothing, rather than relying on any of the great community-developed bodies which people are already working together to create/convert clothing and armor for. I'm sure when he started creating the mod, body morphs for weight gain/loss weren't as available, but there are options now with some broad community momentum behind them.

Hm, where did you find good looking body morphs for weight gain/loss?
Edit: Oh, nevermind, I found your comment about Zex/FG body and remember that you was talking about it with me.

5 hours ago, cold steel said:

Hm, where did you find good looking body morphs for weight gain/loss?
Edit: Oh, nevermind, I found your comment about Zex/FG body and remember that you was talking about it with me.

5 hours ago, cold steel said:

Pampas adaptation has been added in today's update.

Speaking of which, a ZeX/FG conversion for Pampas Set was posted to Nexus today: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42320

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...