Getting Devious Devices to work in SkyrimVR

I wanted to update that although I got DD5 to work on a previous DD4 save I have abandoned that pursuit.  I sure there would have been issues that crept up later in the play through.  The main reason I wanted to update was to try the devious escape overhaul and devious mimic clothing which required DD5.  The options of which DD items that could be escaped from with the overhaul was limited and I decided to use devious lore instead. It has it's own escape mechanic that works in VR with all the item I was stuck in. I have no stamina bar on screen so I used better health warnings to suck the color out of the screen as my stamina drains.

Devious Lore: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/7299-devious-lore/

Better Health Warnings: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/26751

The mod author of Devious Mimic Clothing has an older and stable version of the mod that works with DD4.  He shared it with me here:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/155233-devious-mimic-clothing-se/?do=findComment&comment=3283277

On 2/15/2021 at 8:02 AM, prinyo said:

Did some testing this weekend. Seems I'm crashing with the new DD - v5. The older versions - 4.1 seem to work fine. As in "decorative" devices are visibly equipped, cuffs and binders are not.

Installed POP and got arrested, but couln't make anything happen while in the cell. There were notifications shown that I'm fantasizing about been tied-up, but  no NPC payed any attention to me. Played with the MCM trying to make something trigger, but with no result.

However the mod adds pillories downtown Whiterun so I tested activating them. Could not get the world rotating issue. By the way I'm using ZAZ 7.

I think it depends on if you get arrested for a minor or major crime.  Sometimes they don't haul you out in public to pay back your debt if it is low.  It is also possible to still get arrested through the vanilla system with POP installed.  When you were arrested did the guard put you on the ground first then lead you to jail with the zaz leash system? You would be taken to jail with a dialog about your belongings being put in the chest and the jail master taking you to your cell.  There are also menu options to have all holds' guards arrest through POP.  Even then vanilla jail is called on occasion.  I also set teleport always and modify timescale.  This helps not waiting for ever for someone to use you at the pillory.

1 hour ago, flipperippe said:

Anyone know if mfg vr supports the latest version of SKSE VR? the download section said that it supports 2.0.10-2.0.12 but nothing about 2.0.12.

it complains about version mismatch, but it seems to be working anyways. (since sksevr 2.0.11 and 2.0.12 are for the same version of skyrim VR).

5 hours ago, t3h0th3r said:

it complains about version mismatch, but it seems to be working anyways. (since sksevr 2.0.11 and 2.0.12 are for the same version of skyrim VR).

Yeah I just screw some shit up. Had some junk in the data folder that caused the game to crash when talking to npcs 1/15 times :) fixed it with a reinstall and now it seams like it works.

• 2 months later...
On 2/6/2021 at 1:11 PM, Buckandisdead said:

It is being triggered i think by pop or sometimes interactive bdsm if I try to interact with an npc on a device or when I am being controlled etc

There is a patch for ZAZ, POP, and SUM here.  Let us know if it fixes your head spin!

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2021 at 5:53 AM, anastasa1 said:

can someone please make a patch for Devious Devices 5.1 that sets enableLeftArm and enableRightArm to 0 in VRIK settings when wearing armbinders or straight jackets so it actually locks your hands in the device? 

This comment is addressed here.