Is there any demand for a mod to remove all children, toddlers, and babies from The Sim 4? I was thinking of making a mod that would do that for myself because I hate them, but I'm wondering if I should make it available to everyone.

It'll be pretty simple (although, I dunno what it'll entail on the code side):

- Sims will give birth to Teens (No toddlers, no children, no babies)

- NPC sims won't have children running around.

- All current child/toddler/baby sims will immediately be aged up to Teens (Because removing them might break things)

- The Try For Baby interaction will be renamed to Continue My Legacy or something like that.

- There are likely a bunch of other things I'm not aware of yet, but that's what I could come up with so far.

I'm not sure how feasible it'd be to remove them from CAS, so if a Child or Toddler is created there, when you get in-game they'll be aged up like everyone else to a Teen.

Thoughts? Opinions?

You can edit the .cfg file for https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/Top  to generate zero new children (or any other age bracket you want) but first you have to use MCC's cheat to delete any existing age group, otherwise default children in the game will still be there.

This is my config edit for it:

"Population_PercentAdult": 30,
    "Population_PercentBaby": 0,
    "Population_PercentChild": 70,
    "Population_PercentElder": 0,
    "Population_PercentToddler": 0,

The problem is that there is no separation between children and teens, so if you want teens, you have to hoist up the percentChild property.

If you want neither children or teens, you can set it to zero and then use MCC's cheat to wipe out that population.

2 hours ago, xordevoreaux said:

You can edit the .cfg file for https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/Top  to generate zero new children (or any other age bracket you want) but first you have to use MCC's cheat to delete any existing age group, otherwise default children in the game will still be there.

This is my config edit for it:

"Population_PercentAdult": 30,
    "Population_PercentBaby": 0,
    "Population_PercentChild": 70,
    "Population_PercentElder": 0,
    "Population_PercentToddler": 0,

The problem is that there is no separation between children and teens, so if you want teens, you have to hoist up the percentChild property.

If you want neither children or teens, you can set it to zero and then use MCC's cheat to wipe out that population.

That is interesting to know. However, I would like to create my own mod for handling it. That way I don't need to rely on another authors creation to do what I want it to.

On 10/3/2019 at 1:20 PM, ColonolNutty said:

Is there any demand for a mod to remove all children, toddlers, and babies from The Sim 4? I was thinking of making a mod that would do that for myself because I hate them, but I'm wondering if I should make it available to everyone.

It'll be pretty simple (although, I dunno what it'll entail on the code side):

- Sims will give birth to Teens (No toddlers, no children, no babies)

- NPC sims won't have children running around.

- All current child/toddler/baby sims will immediately be aged up to Teens (Because removing them might break things)

- The Try For Baby interaction will be renamed to Continue My Legacy or something like that.

- There are likely a bunch of other things I'm not aware of yet, but that's what I could come up with so far.

I'm not sure how feasible it'd be to remove them from CAS, so if a Child or Toddler is created there, when you get in-game they'll be aged up like everyone else to a Teen.

Thoughts? Opinions?

honestly yes, kids on sims 4 are super ugly until they becomes a teenager. cause all CC were created for teens and beyond. if you want same skin, colour eyes, clothes etc for kids. you need to quad your downloads folders size. my CC its almost 21 gb size. but  11gb are hairs, another 6 or 7gb clothes,  if I want kids with same looks as their parents my cc would be 40gb size. really weird.  so remove them all or reduce their numbers by 90%.

I've had to try to go manually to delete all kids, and some of the teens (female teens anyway) as well as adult/elder female sims.

It took so so long.

Then, when I reloaded (after saving, mind you) BAM.

They are all back.

Sims needs a Plague mod. ?

3 hours ago, vstrauss666 said:

I've had to try to go manually to delete all kids, and some of the teens (female teens anyway) as well as adult/elder female sims.

It took so so long.

Then, when I reloaded (after saving, mind you) BAM.

They are all back.

Sims needs a Plague mod. ?

A Children of Men mod? That's not a bad name...

On 10/9/2019 at 11:36 PM, ColonolNutty said:

A Children of Men mod? That's not a bad name...

I've downloaded a few mods where people said, I could completely rid my game of all NPC sims and just fill it with my own, I spent so long doing that just for sims to say "hey how dare you not want females or kids in your game, have even more of them, fuck you".

I just have zero use for women in my game right now, haha.

5 hours ago, vstrauss666 said:

I've downloaded a few mods where people said, I could completely rid my game of all NPC sims and just fill it with my own, I spent so long doing that just for sims to say "hey how dare you not want females or kids in your game, have even more of them, fuck you".

I just have zero use for women in my game right now, haha.

Hmm, a mod where all sims around you become male sims instantly. I wonder how much of a lift that would be to do.

I'm using MC command and NPC mod Paulson, and the result is there is no female or kid in my game, only about 100+ created modified guys - its a gay world (no need for woman or kids). Mc command allows to set even they got married on their own and have babies, i tried it once but i was tired to modify all the kids later as they appeared so i stopped them.  (guys were pregnant) 

when NPC mod from Paulson is not ready for a new world, creator is working on the update, the game generates new sims for a new specific role which has not been yet included the generated sims are allways male, as the mc command has settings that all sims to be generated are young adult or adult in 50% ratio (remowed all others) and 100% male (no female generated) 

it used to be that i've got generated kids and families if the game requires it like when you visit, not sure, the park? or some other area and there for some reason have to be a playing kid so the game generates one, or it was a pool area? frankly, I've not seen any kids around the pools last days, so maybe it was fixed. 

with the current settings of mods which are available you might get what you desire, just need to have the mods updated to the latest expansion. I believe university will be some issue again and it will generate new npc categories. 

for example, latest expansion magic, creater of NPC Paulson was pretty quick and the sages and all others could be deleted and your sims will be put to their roles

• 1 year later...

I've been looking for a way to do this.

Not the gender part, just the age part. I want both genders in my game. And I like having teens so the MCCC route that wipes out kids and teens together wouldn't work for me.

I've been driving me nuts that I can't and end up having to manually delete the random child townies that show up every other day.

I would love a mod that let you set this for each stage from baby all the way through teen - pick where you want them dealt with, and have it either delete them, prevent them (if possible), or auto age them to your minimum acceptable age.

Edited by jyotai