Help with alpha on texture ported from Skyrim

Acies Gecko

Hello!

So I'm trying to port a Skyrim race to FNV, everything goes well until this happens:

Skyrim nif:

image.png.447380bbb21f756e14a20a513e9bed3b.png

When ported (fnv nif):

image.png.cd72ff28f29b9b9b4d33247fe3735934.png

Hair looks fine, it only happens with eyelashes and brows.

I have no idea what to do, I converted the texture with many different compressions, changed nif flags, etc.

If someone can help I would appreciate it.

What are you using to save the texture files with? With paint-net you must save with DXT5 interpolated alpha under settings when the save box pops up gimp 2 you just overwrite the .dds file. But texture files from skyrim should work just fine in FNV without having to run them through paint-net gimp or photoshop. I have always left the texture files as is when porting stuff from one game to the other.

I never compress them, I use them from Skyrim and never had an issue, it's just brows and eyelashes, I've already tried all the compressions on paint.net and gimp, with and without mipmaps(I am a noob when it comes to textures, and I can't find anything about FNV textures).

Hair works fine, everything works fine but eyelashes and eyebrows, no matter the mod (I tried several brow textures and had the same result).

9 hours ago, myuhinny said:

But texture files from skyrim should work just fine in FNV without having to run them through paint-net gimp or photoshop.

True.

If the Skyrim versions don't work for whatever reason I load the dds without the layers and then export it as a png.  Then I convert the png back to a dds, generating new layers, compressing it and saving in the DTX5 format.  Sometimes this works and sometimes not.  From the looks of the NV version of that eyebrow I'd say the Threshold value on the NiAlphaProperty needs to be tweaked.  For instance, if the Flags value is set to 4845 then try setting the Threshold to 40, and then work down from there; 35, 30, etc.

Archived