Need Help Animating Player

MordhauNZ

Im modding with NVSE and JIP, im trying to get the player to react with a hit with an animation depending on where they get hit, how hard they're hit and if the shot penetrates. Everything is working with NPCs but the player wont play the knockback idles when I try force the animation.

PlayerRef.PlayIdleEx blah blah blah

I can make the player perform the animation if i add a scripted package to the play with the idle, for example

If ref is player

If hit on head

Addscriptpackage PackageWithAnim

Etc. . . IF i attatch an idle to a package and force it on the player, the player performs it in game but after the idle plays the player proceeds to glitch out and stop functioning. Please help. Are there any smart ways to go about this

On 8/23/2019 at 1:21 PM, MordhauNZ said:

Im modding with NVSE and JIP, im trying to get the player to react with a hit with an animation depending on where they get hit, how hard they're hit and if the shot penetrates. Everything is working with NPCs but the player wont play the knockback idles when I try force the animation.

PlayerRef.PlayIdleEx blah blah blah

I can make the player perform the animation if i add a scripted package to the play with the idle, for example

If ref is player

If hit on head

Addscriptpackage PackageWithAnim

Etc. . . IF i attatch an idle to a package and force it on the player, the player performs it in game but after the idle plays the player proceeds to glitch out and stop functioning. Please help. Are there any smart ways to go about this

Yes you can't playidle on the player. I suggest to read some documentation: http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=PlayIdle

You can call an idle on the player CIOSing a spell on it, playidle will work at that point.

However it breaks the ability of the player to play general idles.

My suggestion would be to not script it and try to use the vanilla way to react to hits, the one in the list of animations on top menu in GECK (see this).

Archived