Greedfall Modding Potential?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so torn on this game. Sitting on 80 mins play time and I'm really tempted to refund it... I love the world and setting, it has a powerful Dishonored vibe to it, but I'm just not feeling this combat system. It's like they took the worst parts of Witcher 3 movement and item management and MMO style push-button combat and smooshed them together. It's totally unsatisfying... I rolled up a Firearms focused character and I can't even aim and shoot the gun over-the-shoulder like I'd expect from this genre... Instead I have to target an enemy and then do key rotations like it's WoW.

I just want to see which way the wind blows on modding before I decide...

Ahah, when buying a spiders game, you know the combat system will be divisive.

I have yet to play the game but if it's anything like mars wars log or technomancer, you basically have to unlearn what you are used to. For a lot of people it's a no go... Me, I like it.

For the technomancer

Add to that it's actually an AA game as opposed to an AAA game the combat system.

5 hours ago, llddb said:

It struck me as more of a Fable 3/Mass Effect Hybrid.  From what I have seen of the gameplay it could almost be a Sequel to Fable 3.

Yes it certainly feels like that. Definitely get a Bioware vibe from it (I'd say more Dragon Age 2 - not origin, its definitely closer to 2 - than Mass Effect) 

combat is indeed janky but it doesn't feel like its the main focus. Most quests can be resolved in a more satisfying way by avoiding fight as much as possible (which to me is more a compliment to the quest design than an attack to fighting gameplay)

The game is not perfect but for a AA it gets the job done and will scratch my hitch until heavier RPG players come in the future months ... or if the heavier studio go Bethesda/Bioware route of micro-transactions and "streamline" RPG design - aka get rid of everything but combat and character appearance -- (please don`t do that Obsidian and CD Projekt) then at least I would have enjoyed this one.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...