AAF animations won't stop

Hey guys,

so I have this issue that whenever an animation is triggered it will continue playing indefinitely, regardless of what the times have been set in the MCM.

In cases of the animations being launched manually via the AAF menu I can just end them with a push of a button. However, if triggered by another mod (SEU, violate), there seems to be no way of manually opting out of it.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this and make the animations end as determined by the MCM timers?

I'm using the usual animation packs - Leito, Crazy, SavageCabbage, A/M Lust.

Thanks in advance!

• 9 months later...
On 7/16/2019 at 6:47 AM, Apap said:

Hey guys,

so I have this issue that whenever an animation is triggered it will continue playing indefinitely, regardless of what the times have been set in the MCM.

In cases of the animations being launched manually via the AAF menu I can just end them with a push of a button. However, if triggered by another mod (SEU, violate), there seems to be no way of manually opting out of it.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this and make the animations end as determined by the MCM timers?

I'm using the usual animation packs - Leito, Crazy, SavageCabbage, A/M Lust.

Thanks in advance!

Having this Issue, did you ever fix it?

4 hours ago, Hulkchan said:

Maybe you are talking about "tree" animations? This is where you press left,right to change stage, you can try my patch for animations, I disabled all tree animations and changed most of them to be staged auto 

3 hours ago, Indarello said:

Maybe you are talking about "tree" animations? This is where you press left,right to change stage, you can try my patch for animations, I disabled all tree animations and changed most of them to be staged auto 

No, that one i clicked home or Page up/Page down. I stored it out but i removed that pesky ''Erectionfix'' mod and the patch that went with it. 

4 hours ago, Hulkchan said:

It's been ages and I can't really remember what I did about it, sorry. 

I think it could had been fixed by updating either AAF or the mod that triggered the animation (possibly both). Haven't played FO4 for a while now so I don't know if Beths still keeps adding shit to the store thus updating the exe file, but last year they did it quite frequently. As a result, many mods were getting broken and needed to be updated to the new exe version each time, otherwise magic was happening.

4 hours ago, Apap said:

It's been ages and I can't really remember what I did about it, sorry. 

I think it could had been fixed by updating either AAF or the mod that triggered the animation (possibly both). Haven't played FO4 for a while now so I don't know if Beths still keeps adding shit to the store thus updating the exe file, but last year they did it quite frequently. As a result, many mods were getting broken and needed to be updated to the new exe version each time, otherwise magic was happening.

Ahh understood. Feels like everytime i fix something something else goes whack. Kinda killing my vibe to play this game ngl.

• 1 year later...
On 10/11/2021 at 7:52 PM, DigaoTrooper said:

No, its with any animation. When I press End, it stays at "unjoining" forever.

Then you likely have two animations playing.   Double check the animations packs that you have and triple check the requirements on the AAF page.   If that fails,  you can seek more help at the discord channel.

On 10/12/2021 at 1:52 AM, DigaoTrooper said:

No, its with any animation

Well, honestly, this is a new one .... usually peoples can't start the animations... anyway, you did not install the whole package (AAF, animations, patches) as you should. Please try again using the tutorial posted on LL: 

Edited by mircislav
On 10/13/2021 at 6:03 AM, mircislav said:

Well, honestly, this is a new one .... usually peoples can's start the animations... anyway, you did not install the whole package (AAF, animations, patches) as you should. Please try again using the tutorial posted on LL: 

I did it already, since the start. So, I actually managed to solve it. My fallout is heavy modded, so I installed this https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/46340?tab=files&file_id=193899&nmm=1 (Script Memory Limit Extender), and somehow everything works now. Even some other mods is running better now. If anyone has the same problem as me, just install this and it may help you too.

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2021 at 5:48 PM, DigaoTrooper said:

I did it already, since the start. So, I actually managed to solve it. My fallout is heavy modded, so I installed this https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/46340?tab=files&file_id=193899&nmm=1 (Script Memory Limit Extender), and somehow everything works now. Even some other mods is running better now. If anyone has the same problem as me, just install this and it may help you too.

This.   I was having a problem with a non-AFF script that was never-ending (from BYOB, using a shower).   As soon as I installed the Baka Scrapheap, it sorted the problem.   I use Sim Settlements, so I have a LOT of scripts running. 

Great find!!!!!!

• 1 year later...
On 6/28/2023 at 2:07 PM, Jeffey67 said:

Baka ScrapHeap was updated and even more: some patch was presented for working vs Buffout >> https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/56704 So everything is ok with it. This helped me solving endless AAF scenes too.

I have not seen any hard evidence to convince me that running Baka Scrapheap is worth doing.   There's no endless animations if The Fucking Manual is followed exactly so this isn't really a fix for that.  Using Buffout 4 alone as per the guide's setup instructions should be fine.  I suspect your character got caught in a violate animation with one running a position tree which you can't see because the UI is hidden, making you think the animation was running forever when really it was just position tree being controlled by the NPC which for some reason doesn't respect the timer that is set in the Violate MCM.  If that is in fact what happened, then no changes to Buffout nor running baka scrapheap will fix that.  The only work around is to go into Violate's MCM and unhide the UI so you can manipulate the scene easier.

Edited by Sgt. Marge