ENBoost using wrong FPS?

After not playing Oblivion for some time, I went in to check out some stuff I downloaded for it & immediately noticed the FPS kept staying at 43FPS. I havent touched anything that could mess with it in ages but after checkin Oblivion's & OSR's ini, they weren't affecting it when I changed their values to test what was wrong. But changing the the FPS cap in ENBoost's ingame menu to anything higher than 64 (the cap was 62 originally) would push the FPS back up to 64. Testing other values like over 70-110 would keep the FPS at 64 but pushing it to 144 would push it over 100 but still lower than what the actual cap value is. Why is ENBoost enforcing incorrect FPS cap values & how do I fix it or give FPS control to something else like OSR?

On 7/12/2019 at 5:09 PM, 27X said:

Gamebryo's frametime/logic/physics/rendering cap is 64, period.

I wouldve been satisfied with that answer since me puttin it at 64 was workin since this post went up but now the frame rate has dropped to 34 & does not change no matter what number I put in the FPS cap, even if its a lower number. If you know how to fix this, I need to know

You haven't done a proper test bed to start with since I can't give advice on what doesn't exist.

You need to run the game without ENB at all in CyCity prolly by some stores or the main square at the most populated time of day with all your mods on, and get a base framerate target before you start messing with anything.

You also need to go through your base .ini file and make sure your settings are kosher to begin with.

On 7/16/2019 at 12:41 AM, 27X said:

You haven't done a proper test bed to start with since I can't give advice on what doesn't exist.

You need to run the game without ENB at all in CyCity prolly by some stores or the main square at the most populated time of day with all your mods on, and get a base framerate target before you start messing with anything.

You also need to go through your base .ini file and make sure your settings are kosher to begin with.

ENBoost is the only reason why the game was hittin 60FPS before this when I started playing with anything. Before it, it would jump over 144FPS because of my rig the same way it would for Skyrim and neither OSR nor the game's ini nor my GPU's control panel would cap it. I made a thread about it months ago & fejeena pointed me to ENBoost & the 4GB Patcher. Turning off ENBoost's cap completely brings the game back over 144FPS, even with high resolution texture mods I have installed. I should also mention that its not just in a save game that the drops occur, it also occurs while the game itself loads up & in the starting menu too.

Got some help on Reddit & the FPS is working correctly for now. Futzing more with OSR & disabling VSync has my FPS averaging 62-64 (even tho I placed the clamp at 60? close enough...). VSync was enabled in both Oblivion's ini & my GPU's control panel (had it set like that before this happened cuz it was suggested to turn it on by others when my FPS would go too high). Tryin to use ENBoost's clamp still drops the FPS to 34 but cant figure out why? Am not considering this solved til it stays in the 60s for long enough like when it was droppin to the 40s earlier tho.

Archived