Vtaw Workshop - Fallout 4 Clothing Armor Mods

On 11/7/2023 at 4:05 PM, Nam An said:

can you write how to do it ?

open up vtawbattlesuit in Fo4edit, you can just open the one if you want.  right click on the mod vtawbattlesuit, on the menu that pops up select compact for esl.  Confirm you want to with the warning, right click the mod, select compact formids for esl (something like tat).  Let it run until the message tab says it's finished.,  Then change to view tab, find record flags (under data size and above FormID.  set the flag to esl and save

On 11/16/2023 at 11:59 PM, Nam An said:

so vtaw mods not easy flag as esl ? all his mods here not in 8 vtaw wardrobe in nexus ?

Pretty much. If they are a esp the clothing works better and are less likely to do some crazy physics stuff and lag out or crash game in my experience. Also I have never seen most of these clothing since I only really have downloaded the Wardrobes and have issues R88_ESLify-ing the clothing since I am at 230+ esp's in my current mod list. The clothinng I want here would literally kill my games esp space.

On 11/16/2023 at 11:59 PM, Nam An said:

so vtaw mods not easy flag as esl ? all his mods here not in 8 vtaw wardrobe in nexus ?

15 hours ago, thydoublorr said:

Pretty much. If they are a esp the clothing works better and are less likely to do some crazy physics stuff and lag out or crash game in my experience. Also I have never seen most of these clothing since I only really have downloaded the Wardrobes and have issues R88_ESLify-ing the clothing since I am at 230+ esp's in my current mod list. The clothinng I want here would literally kill my games esp space.

Vtaw's smaller mods can be ESL-ified easily though FO4Edit/xEdit without problems, but for the larger Wardrobe packs, it's best to leave them as ESPs, since some contain too many FormIDs to allow proper compacting.

Just checked, and I have 58 Vtaw outfits installed and active, with all but 6 of them (The Wardrobe packs) compacted.

1 hour ago, JMccovery said:

Vtaw's smaller mods can be ESL-ified easily though FO4Edit/xEdit without problems, but for the larger Wardrobe packs, it's best to leave them as ESPs, since some contain too many FormIDs to allow proper compacting.

Just checked, and I have 58 Vtaw outfits installed and active, with all but 6 of them (The Wardrobe packs) compacted.

Ahhhh so its not Vtaw Torn that is causing my game to not launch its a crazy wardrobe doing this (I suspect it to be Wardrobe 6 or 8 because they always doing some funky physics and reset to 0,0 every once in a while stretching to a noodle). Thanks. Been reconfiguring my mod list to be more ergo in MO2.

On 11/20/2023 at 7:33 AM, thydoublorr said:

I suspect it to be Wardrobe 6 or 8 because they always doing some funky physics and reset to 0,0 every once in a while stretching to a noodle

Stretching to a noodle has nothing to do with ESPs or ESLs. You have missing bones. For Vtaw Wardrobes to do this means one of the following has occurred in your game:

a) you tried to change the outfits yourself in Outfit Studio and messed up the bone weights, or

b) you installed an incorrect conversion, or

c) you're using CBBE outfits in a ZEX Skeleton (Fusion Girl and OCBPC) game and have some incompatible or missing bones.

Again, what you're experiencing is a bone weight issue, and in a CBBE game with unmodified Vtaw outfits you would not be having that issue as this is a mistake Vtaw has never made.

If your game is ZEX Skeleton, you need to either correctly convert the Vtaw outfits or install a proper and modern conversion for it. If your game is TWS with a different skeleton, I have no advice as I know little about it. If your game is CBBE, then don't try to change the outfits in Outfit Studio unless you're sure you know what you're doing :)

On 11/21/2023 at 7:01 AM, Karna5 said:

c) you're using CBBE outfits in a ZEX Skeleton (Fusion Girl and OCBPC) game and have some incompatible or missing bones.

Again, what you're experiencing is a bone weight issue, and in a CBBE game with unmodified Vtaw outfits you would not be having that issue as this is a mistake Vtaw has never made.

If your game is ZEX Skeleton, you need to either correctly convert the Vtaw outfits or install a proper and modern conversion for it. If your game is TWS with a different skeleton, I have no advice as I know little about it. If your game is CBBE, then don't try to change the outfits in Outfit Studio unless you're sure you know what you're doing :)

Oh. I do use Zex2 and OCBP for making any outfit have physics because I a lazy person. And I only use Outfit Studios and CBBE to make all clothing fit but had no physics. I just don't understand how to get 3BBB to work so I went with this. Just learned how to copy bone weights in Outfit Studios. Its not hard but boy it takes forever to do a set of outfits. 

On 11/23/2023 at 5:09 AM, thydoublorr said:

I just don't understand how to get 3BBB to work so I went with this. Just learned how to copy bone weights in Outfit Studios. Its not hard but boy it takes forever to do a set of outfits.

OCBPC is built into Fusion Girl. Anything on Nexus which says it's a 3BBB conversion you should ignore if you use FG because it's not a Fusion Girl conversion (it's TWB). You need actual FG conversions. Also, be VERY careful copying bone weights in Outfit Studio. If you don't have a solid understanding of what the bones do and which ones you should delete or copy, you'll get the stretching behavior (or worse) in question. On related note to this topic, however, I won't be responding again here to this as this is Vtaw's thread. Questions on conversion should be moved to the appropriate threads or, if necessary, to new ones :)

Edited by Karna5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2024 at 8:19 AM, shiplife said:

Hey guys!
How to avoid Full Precision flag messy

Is there a batch do disable or another form do fix it using BL studio/nifskope?

Thx

one at a time afaik./

On 1/27/2024 at 1:05 AM, Vtaw said:

Vtaw Wardrobe 9
Bodyslide support, material swaps, craftable at chem lab.
vault.thumb.jpg.cd27e835ac7f21190c5b1f3eafae508a.jpg

been waiting on this for a hot minute. thanks for everything you do.

Edited by 77px
On 1/26/2024 at 1:05 PM, Vtaw said:

Vtaw Wardrobe 9
Bodyslide support, material swaps, craftable at chem lab.
vault.thumb.jpg.cd27e835ac7f21190c5b1f3eafae508a.jpg

Just by looking at the pictures it's way too obvious that this is another great set, too bad (IMO) that the Nurse outfit is still separated from this (even though there's another).

Now all I have to do is wait for the FG bodyslides, then I'll finally enjoy another big set with amazing outfit.