Havok HDT Physics Stops Working (Jewlery, Hair) but boucing physics still works

llvv11

I have an issue with physics enabled necklaces and hair stopping to work after loading the game.  I have 3 followers with HDT necklace (no HDT hair or wigs) and when I load the saved game the physics on the necklaces don't work.  I think it might be related to how many HDT objects there are as this was working fine for one follower with one necklace total before.

When I have it on 3 of them it worked before just fine, but when I loaded that save, none of the physics worked for the necklaces.  I thought this broke all HDT stuff, so I tried a mod with HDT wigs and those were also broken and no physics were applied.

I read about using a safety save to re-enable physics, so as a test, I just tried loading an earlier save as soon as I started the Skyrim executable, and the physics was working for the necklaces, then I loaded the latest save with the 3 necklaces where the physics was broken and it worked and fixed the physics for all 3 necklaces.  After restarting Skyrim again and loading the save with 3 necklaces, the physics stopped again.  So After some testing it looks like i have to load an older save first then the main save every time I start Skyrim.  I read that this can happen with physics objects and a post suggested making a save with no mods enabled at the start of the game, save that and load that save every time before loading your main save.  This is not a good solution

Just to be clear, I didn't have problems with physics before or HDT objects like jewlery, but then it just stopped working for the HDT objects for seemingly no reason.

Is there a way to fix this properly so I don't have to load multiple saves every time?

Another test I did was loading a game with only one follower with the HDT necklace equipped, though one other had it in their inventory but not equipped.  The physics for the necklace was working.  The game I loaded was in Whiterun (have improved textures for the town if that matters).  I entered breeze home then exited and my other follower auto equipped their HDT necklace (same necklace item for both followers) and then physics stopped working.

I did more testing and figured out that the Ichigo standalone follower is breaking the physics.  See below for more information.

In all cases to test, I did the following:

+equip the necklace on x number of followers (see below for more details)

+save the game

+exit Skyrim

+start Skyrim

+load the save created above

scenarios tested (all are done following the steps above):

1) equip the HDT necklace on 3 followers, 2 with CBBE bodies, 1 on Myra with a custom standalone body.  Physics worked after a load

2) equip the HDT necklace on 3 followers, 2 with CBBE bodies, 1 on Ichigo with a custom standalone body.  Physics did not work after a load

3) same as 1 but I loaded the save with the physics not working and removed the necklace from Ichigo and put it on Myra and saved the game again.  Physics worked after a load

This shows that the physics issue is not because there are too many HDT physics objects, it's also not because of followers with custom bodies as it works on Myra but not on Ichigo and it also works on two other followers with CBBE bodies.  It seems like there isn't anything corrupted in the save permanently with HDT physics because of scenario 3 above, but maybe it's possible something is corrupted only for that npc in the save?

Looking at the Ichigo follower in Tes5Edit and comparing it to the other followers it doesn't look like there is anything special about it that should break the physics.  The NPC and Race look very similar and nothing obvious about why it would not work on one vs the others.

Could this be some problem in the nif files or some other files in the Ichigo standalone follower mod?  What in a follower mod could be affecting an unrelated piece of equipment not even in the same mod?  Could this be a collision box thing for the Ichigo follower that prevents the necklace from moving and somehow breaks the physics?  The necklace on Ichogo is sitting on her chest normally and visible when the game is loaded and the physics is broken so it doesn't seem to start inside her body or anything like that.

Any ideas?

I told you to follow that guide on changing them values to 255 in the xml,s.  Also you might want to make sure this new race can were item in the ck.

You want to run that save cleaner to repair them saves but usually once you fix the xml,s just travel around a couple of times and all that crap goes away.

3 hours ago, shaidien said:

I told you to follow that guide on changing them values to 255 in the xml,s.  Also you might want to make sure this new race can were item in the ck.

You want to run that save cleaner to repair them saves but usually once you fix the xml,s just travel around a couple of times and all that crap goes away.

I already did the 255 thing and it didn't fix the issue.

What do you mean the new race can were items in ck?   I can equip items on them in game and it shows up, just stops the physics after the load.  Where is this flag in the ck.  I didn't see anything about a checkbox to not wear items.  I already have "can pickup items" enabled for the race if that's what you are talking about.

I tried traveling around a few times already with the fixed xml, but as I said, that fix didn't fix this issue.  Please take a look at the detailed testing I did.  I think what I found is important.  It only seems to break the physics with this follower equipping the necklace.

Archived