Most stable combat surrender mod?

Hi! Is there a consensus as to the most stable/updated combat surrender mod?

I'm aware of SL Defeat, Submit, Dragonborn in Distress, and Cursed Loot's own Combat Surrender, but all of them have their own quirks and issues. Namely, Defeat breaks a lot of things in general and is pretty laggy, Submit has a bit less functionality (although it works okay), DiD just... it's a brilliant idea, but the MCM is lacking and it constantly causes CTDs for me with its Capture feature, and DCL's Combat Surrender constantly fails to trigger.

Currently leaning towards Defeat for my next playthrough.

• 1 year later...

Id say that each of those is fine on its own. Stability issues come from incorporating them along other mods.

While your mileage may wary, i found Defeat to be the optimal solution. Unless we talk about dragons (nothing about dragons works stably, its just how skyrim is), it works reliably.

With that said, if you run cursed loot and is experiencing lags, you might want not the optimal solution, but lightweight one. DD events are a script hog, and they indeed do break defeat scenes. In fact, those normally break almost any script heavy scene from any mod in my experience.

For perspectives sake - Defeat works fine with SkyRe+Wildcat+Critical Hit+ a whole pletora of other script heavy combat and spell mods.

the only real Issue i've had with Defeat (other then the ones nilead already said)  Is that it CAN break a follower. It happens on rare occasions and mostly only if you or a npc engage in Combat with one of the involved Actors before the script can finish. Just waiting until they engage themselfs is fine so you can be sure everything is finished. (i quicksave either way once i see a scenario is about to happen, just to be sure.)

Defeat in itself is a good mod when you want both be defeatet or be the one who defeats/your followers be the ones. I like it.