HELP: "Outdated or missing 'SexLabUtil' SKSE plugin dectected"

This has happened to me aswell. I am new to modding and didn't know updates could screw it up, skyrim automatically updated on steam and yeah quite alot of things are broken but mainly sexlab related. I got the new SKSE, gotta wait for updates now. Its a bummer I wanna play but I have over 300 mods on my save and right now its kinda messed up. Some saves load up the whole map upside down, other saves can play I think but alot of chat functions dont work.

15 minutes ago, a_clue_no said:

ARGH, I wish steam would give us an option to never update. This is super frustrating. 

It does give you the option to only use the update when you start the game via Steam.

The best option is to make a backup of the EXE.

• 1 year later...
On 6/15/2019 at 5:13 PM, a_clue_no said:

ARGH, I wish steam would give us an option to never update. This is super frustrating. 

Secret tip: Go into your Steam/steamapps folder, and highlight all the ACF files. Right-click on them, and click "Properties", then tick the "Hidden" box, and click okay. This will kick back a "missing privileges" error when Steam tries to update something.

If you want to update something, just untick the Hidden box.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
3 hours ago, qtp20 said:

So in other words were waiting on a update for the sexlabutil then in order for the mods to work?

I don't know what you're waiting for. There is a version for the latest game version already.

If you still get this message it means you're trying to use the wrong SL version for your game/SKSE, you're missing a requirement (like address library) or another mod is overwriting said files with older versions (if the error is only about sexlabutil then it likely means you have another version of SL installed somewhere in your mod manager and it's overwriting the one you want to use).

On 12/7/2022 at 7:30 PM, Just Don't said:

I don't know what you're waiting for. There is a version for the latest game version already.

If you still get this message it means you're trying to use the wrong SL version for your game/SKSE, you're missing a requirement (like address library) or another mod is overwriting said files with older versions (if the error is only about sexlabutil then it likely means you have another version of SL installed somewhere in your mod manager and it's overwriting the one you want to use).

Okay i checked and now it says I need LE version 2.22 for SKSE for the mods now to work. Anu suggestions?

5 hours ago, qtp20 said:

Okay i checked and now it says I need LE version 2.22 for SKSE for the mods now to work. Anu suggestions?

You're fucked then. LE only got to 1.7.3 (listed as "classic build" in the skse website).

Read again.

These are the versions available:

image.png.b0cc93dcf31eac39c2b4c3a3837e5360.png

On top of knowing your executable version you should know for sure which version of the game you have. LE is the 2011 game, are you sure you have that and not Skyrim Special Edition on your Steam? There is also a new GOG version, did you buy Skyrim on GOG? It should be easy to go from there and pick the correct SKSE version, as well as any mod with a SKSE plugin.

Edited by Just Don't
  • 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, AK_Stinger907 said:

I just got this notification but there's no new skse what do I do?

Dunno, depends on what you did. If the game just auto-updated then I guess you either learn to block updates or live with the consequences. In the end it comes down to whether or not the SexLabUtils dll supports the SKSE version you have installed.