Making a patch

KainsChylde

I'm trying to make a patch between two master files. I'm using NVSE loader editor and geckpu, I fixed the GECK PREF ini for allowing multiple master files. Yet when I try to load the two files loaded i get the error "multiple master files detected. Loading aborted." and then ctd. What am I doing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this is aggravating the fuck out of me. I've got the most current GECK, GECKPU, NVSE Loader Editor, fixed both .ini files. I tried loading the two esms I want to make work together. Loaded fine, made the changes, and couldn't save them. Clicking the save icon did nothing. Clicking the file dropdown menu and selecting save there did nothing either.

So I opened FNVEdit and made a blank .esp. Mastered the file to the two esms I want to fix. Tried to load the file as active in GECK, nothing. Never ending load.

What am I doing wrong now?

Ok' date=' this is aggravating the fuck out of me. I've got the most current GECK, GECKPU, NVSE Loader Editor, fixed both .ini files. I tried loading the two esms I want to make work together. Loaded fine, made the changes, and couldn't save them. Clicking the save icon did nothing. Clicking the file dropdown menu and selecting save there did nothing either.

So I opened FNVEdit and made a blank .esp. Mastered the file to the two esms I want to fix. Tried to load the file as active in GECK, nothing. Never ending load.

What am I doing wrong now?

[/quote']

Try loading your esp WITHOUT GeckPU. There has been a few cases where the reactivated error correction would enter a loop. If it works without GeckPU, the "solution" is to delete content in a copy until it loads with GeckPU! Once you identify the "bad" form, delete only that from the original esp or esm.

As for not being able to save, that's a first for me.

Ok, latest update. This is a learning experience for me, I've never made anything more complicated than a basic house before this.

So, I figured out it wasn't loading because I wasn't loading it right. I mastered my blank to the two mods I want to patch (NVEC and Strangers Abroad), then set it as the active file in GECK and tried to load it. I've never messed with a mod with more than one master file before so I was hitting a GECK limitation I never knew of. When you set a file as active and load it, GECK automatically loads its master files. But the problem is, it only goes up one level.

Say you're editing file A, which has B and C as masters. GECK will auto-load B and C once you set A as active. But, if say mod C has mod D as a master itself, GECK won't take the next step and load mod D automatically. In my case, NVEC requires all the DLC, and I hadn't activated them.

But now I'm hitting a new wall. The cell I'm trying to make a patch for won't load. Trying to load it in the render window causes GECK to crash. Every. Single. Time. I've tried like 20 times.

Archived