Passive Radiation loss while Nude

View File

This is a simple perk I threw together in Fo4Edit.

It checks your characters bodyslots and applies a radiation healing effect when those slots are empty.

Now you have a reason to take off your clothes.

(Your body expels accumulated radiation through the skin, when there is nothing in the way)

Each slot, (Torso, Head, LArm, RArm, LLeg, RLeg,) is checked independently.

I added the slots used by Dicky's Pinups and the Sporty and Lacy Underwear mods,

so the upper and lower underwear slots of those mods is checked as well.

The torso slot is 10x faster than the limbs at removing radiation.

To acquire the perk, type "Help Nude 0" in the console, then "Player.addperk xx000800", using the number of the "Nude Rad Regen" perk..

(The first 2 numbers are dependent on where the .esp is in your load order).

To uninstall, simply type "Player.removeperk xx000800", save, and remove the mod.

In order to not make it feel "Overpowered", the main file removes rads at 0.21 rads/minute, when completely naked.

I added 2 more files for those who want it to be faster.

NudeRads1 is 3.81 rads/minute

NudeRads2 is 37.45 rads/minute

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/05/2019
  • Category
  • Requires

I think this is a really neat way to add a game mechanic encouraging more frequent player character nudity, which in combination with other mods can lead to interesting side effects. It may be a bit of a suspension-of-disbelief stretch for some players, I'll grant you.

That aside, the fact that it's not in a compressed archive seems to confuse both Firefox and Vortex. The browser wants to automatically open the file in a text editor (which then shows a mix of some embedded strings and 8-bit data), but if I tell it to save instead then when I go to install, Vortex complains that it can't extract the NudeRads.esp archive. I consume plenty of other mods off LL and elsewhere and this is the first time I've encountered a problem like this. Turns out if I tell 7zip to create an archive containing that file then Vortex is perfectly happy to install the result. Just wanted to mention it for the benefit of anyone else runs into this rather confusing problem, or in case the generous author wishes to reupload it as a more typical archive format mod managers and browsers expect.

On 6/7/2019 at 6:14 PM, vaultbait said:

I think this is a really neat way to add a game mechanic encouraging more frequent player character nudity, which in combination with other mods can lead to interesting side effects. It may be a bit of a suspension-of-disbelief stretch for some players, I'll grant you.

That aside, the fact that it's not in a compressed archive seems to confuse both Firefox and Vortex. The browser wants to automatically open the file in a text editor (which then shows a mix of some embedded strings and 8-bit data), but if I tell it to save instead then when I go to install, Vortex complains that it can't extract the NudeRads.esp archive. I consume plenty of other mods off LL and elsewhere and this is the first time I've encountered a problem like this. Turns out if I tell 7zip to create an archive containing that file then Vortex is perfectly happy to install the result. Just wanted to mention it for the benefit of anyone else runs into this rather confusing problem, or in case the generous author wishes to reupload it as a more typical archive format mod managers and browsers expect.

I replaced the esps with rar files, with the .esp in a data folder

This is my first time uploading anything to LL, and the upload interface confuses the heck out of me, so I made quite a few mistakes and oversights.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Are you sure you've uploaded different esp's? I just tried all three of them and they don't seem have noticably different decay rates.  I didn't exactly time it or anything, I just loaded a save where I had rads and full hp, played a game of tetris on my phone and took screen shots of the difference, all three esp's moved the bar about a millimeter. Certainly none of the esp's available through the download button aare 10x faster than the others. I can't download the attatched files "unavailable."

• 3 months later...

The effect is slow by design, your basically getting free rad removal. I tested it by using the console command "player.getav rads" to see the exact rad count, down to 2 decimal places.

That said, I've learned there's some quirks to modding effects on the player. You have to remove the effect and save the game before you change the value, or it will stick with the old one, even if you remove the perk later.

Did you remove the perk and save before trying the different versions?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I know this is an older file, but I just wanted to comment that with my game setup, radiation is constantly an issue if I don't have clothing setup to help fight radiation or a hazmat suit. This causes me to constantly have to decide if my PC needs to end up walking around nude in order to fight the radiation issue. Bravo, I like it a lot. Appreciate the mod. I've been using it for a long while now, needed to get another version so I came back and checked and saw not a lot of comments on it, so I just wanted to leave one now, even if belated.

1 hour ago, Plaguetard2.0 said:

I know this is an older file, but I just wanted to comment that with my game setup, radiation is constantly an issue if I don't have clothing setup to help fight radiation or a hazmat suit. This causes me to constantly have to decide if my PC needs to end up walking around nude in order to fight the radiation issue. Bravo, I like it a lot. Appreciate the mod. I've been using it for a long while now, needed to get another version so I came back and checked and saw not a lot of comments on it, so I just wanted to leave one now, even if belated.

It is indeed a great mod. I used it for ages, and it inspired an ability for a new mod I've got in the works (basically one of several lost arts for a splinter sect that broke away from the Church of the Children of Atom).

I found a curious incompatibility between this mod and NudeBasics.

I figured the feature in NudeBasics that strips the player as their rads increase would combo perfectly with this mod, kind of giving them increased rad regen as their rads get worse.

But no, NudeBasics uses invisible apparel to force the player to remain nude, which also disables the regen from this mod!

(At least I think that's what's going on. It seemed wrong to only regen 0.01 rads after waiting 24 ingame hours).

I know there wouldn't be much that could be done about it from the perspective of this mod apart from something like a specific compatibility patch, but I figured it'd be good to know.

• 1 month later...