[REQUEST] Spider Race

I would really like to see a humanoid spider race.  Either one with a lower spider half, or a humanoid shape but with multiple arms and spider like eyes.  Preferably a vampire/sacrosanct compatible race.  I think it would look really cool.  I know the various clothing/armors wouldn't quite fit but I think I could do without them.  I'm hoping for a mix of beauty and horror.  Does anyone want to do this?  It would make my day.

51 minutes ago, Aki K said:

I would really like to see a humanoid spider race.  Either one with a lower spider half, or a humanoid shape but with multiple arms and spider like eyes.  Preferably a vampire/sacrosanct compatible race.  I think it would look really cool.  I know the various clothing/armors wouldn't quite fit but I think I could do without them.  I'm hoping for a mix of beauty and horror.  Does anyone want to do this?  It would make my day.

Not really possible without a huge amount of work.  So much that nobody has gotten far in the attempt AFAIK.

One of the major problems is the way animations work in Skyrim.  It would need an entirely new skeleton and entirely new animations for every single action it might take: Combat, walking, running, swimming, sitting, furniture interaction, etc.

It *might* be possible to have a character who is invisible from the waist down "mount" a special spider and then act as though they are riding a horse, but again: very limited.

2 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

Not really possible without a huge amount of work.  So much that nobody has gotten far in the attempt AFAIK.

One of the major problems is the way animations work in Skyrim.  It would need an entirely new skeleton and entirely new animations for every single action it might take: Combat, walking, running, swimming, sitting, furniture interaction, etc.

It *might* be possible to have a character who is invisible from the waist down "mount" a special spider and then act as though they are riding a horse, but again: very limited.

It wouldn't bother me if the extra arms etc were just for show and were static.  I honestly can't imagine them being used in any reasonable to program way.  I would be happy to accept a shortcut version idea.  I'd even just settle for a race with spider like eyes and an equip accessory of extra arms in different poses.

2 hours ago, Swe-DivX said:

A start

Spider and Co - Mounts and Followers

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30856/

That Mod is what sparked the idea for me.

7 hours ago, Aki K said:

That Mod is what sparked the idea for me.

If it works... there might be a way to make one of those a player race.. maybe? 

but as mentioned above.. lots of work

There was a mod with some spider and stuff that might be close to what you are talking about in Oblivion.. Not sure how good it is.. Might be portable if it is good enough. The mod was from Emily (which was banned)

Check it out to see if you have something there. Might be something that you can work with to get into Skyrimm. (yes I mentioned you ;) .. you might have to crack open the CK to get your fix with support of course from members here helping guide you.. of course provided it is portable and complete and more importantly .. fits what you are wanting )

3 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Doesn't need to if done for personal use. It is only if the OP decides to distribute the port.

I just meant in general.  I don't understand how you get a mod from one game (even a similar game) to work in another game.

6 hours ago, Aki K said:

I just meant in general.  I don't understand how you get a mod from one game (even a similar game) to work in another game.

:) I wasn't referencing that. I was more commenting on what was stated above about permissions. That would only be the case if you wanted to distribute the ported materials.

I don't know how to either. It has to do with getting the original assets then working them into a form that will work with the game of choice.. sometimes that is easy to next to nothing, other times that is harder.. depending on what you are doing and what you are porting from etc. Then you have to create a place in the game for your new assets so that the game can use them properly.

There are references on the web on how to port the Meshes, Textures, and sound (if necessary and wanted)  Not sure on the animations but Likely you can do that as well.

This community is full of experienced people if you choose to go down this path... lots of very hard work but you will learn and in time be able to do many other things... ultimately making the game completely yours. (find a mod you like and changing it to be 100% perfect to your liking etc)  Barring someone else wanting that (or some model I am unaware of and nobody posted about yet on a very busy site) might be the only choice. 

Once you start doing this stuff you can port armors, clothing, body textures and all sorts of goodies from various Bethesda games (Fallout 3, NV, Oblivion etc) to make the game perfect for you! Depending on how far you are willing to go, you can start to fix many bugs you might experience. create your own followers (CPU has or had a tutorial on this) and many other things to entire world spaces.

In any case best wishes on your project.. (getting someone to help, do it or you doing it yourself ! )

On 5/29/2019 at 1:32 PM, RitualClarity said:

Doesn't need to if done for personal use. It is only if the OP decides to distribute the port.

This was not about permissions ? Im not for copyright trolls. If he is till playing or modding maybe he can help. 

9 hours ago, Swe-DivX said:

This was not about permissions ? Im not for copyright trolls. If he is till playing or modding maybe he can help. 

AH... I see now...

Sorry, many chime in about permissions as a knee jerk reaction without even knowing what the person is wanting to do. Assuming they want to release without even asking.

It is always nice to get permissions etc, just in case someone worked on a project for some time and then learned there was a serious demand or desired to release their work to show the world. Good to have permissions in any case, just not required.

As for him helping... I believe he might, but there are many others here that can chime in and help if the OP is serious (working on it him/her self seriously and running into specific issues that help is needed to resolve.

I'm starting to lose track of the conversation.  There are plenty of spider people mods.  I just wanted to see if someone was willing to make a race from it, even very basic.  If I just wanted spider people in my game, I have mods already for that.

But I have been informed it's quite difficult to make a race like that one.  So I'm not sure it will happen and i'm definitely sure it is above my skill level.  I'm going to stop following this conversation.  If I see a new spider race mod I'll be very happy.  If not, maybe someday when my skill improves I will be the one to make it.  But I want to thank everyone for their help and advice.

3 hours ago, Aki K said:

I'm starting to lose track of the conversation.  There are plenty of spider people mods.  I just wanted to see if someone was willing to make a race from it, even very basic.  If I just wanted spider people in my game, I have mods already for that.

But I have been informed it's quite difficult to make a race like that one.  So I'm not sure it will happen and i'm definitely sure it is above my skill level.  I'm going to stop following this conversation.  If I see a new spider race mod I'll be very happy.  If not, maybe someday when my skill improves I will be the one to make it.  But I want to thank everyone for their help and advice.

Perhaps this can work

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_a_custom_race_for_Skyrim

If there are mods and all the stuff you need to have it in the game but you want a race...

There are other tutorials... If you have questions or confusions feel free to post or even create a thread for this purpose..

however, perhaps someone would be willing to create a race mod out of those assets.

Archived