Sims 3 Hair

Thank you for all this' date=' but quick question, what does it mean by "error reading face data from the hair obj file" when you click conformulate? I'm stuck on that.

[/quote']

I had the same problem, for some reason your hair .obj is incompatible with the comformulator, how are you converting it to obj?

I used 3ds max and basically did the same steps as you do with armor before exporting. I have the Peggy Sims 2 hair and used Simpe to extract the obj' date=' so does it work only with Sim 3 obj?

[/quote']

I don't think thats the problem, for me the trick was messing with the model in blender, then exporting to a nif, then exporting it to obj using the nifscope. But if it is something related to 3dmax then i don't have any clue :-/

Solved most issues and got it standalone in the game' date=' but it seems it is a bit too transparent. I have it for download below so if someone can take a look at it and see where I went wrong or can fix it, I would be eternally grateful.

2012-12-24_00006_zpsc15cafc1.jpg

You did a good job, I didn't see any transparence issues, i only remade your normal map because it was to strong and made your hair look like plastic.

hair_zpsbfe95b38.jpg

It's looking good in game, one thing you could do is try to fix that gap betwen head and hair where i pointed in the image. ;)

p4997_n.7z

Wow, you all are flying on the hair! It indeed does feel almost like Christmas, love you all, seriously. :D Looking very forward to seeing your pack in action morten, and maymay's hair as well, if it's shared. LOVE the first one posted. If I can ever get time off from work to actually play some Skyrim, I'll photobomb yall as payment. :)

(I have an unhealthy obsession with having a bazillion hair mods, haha.) :P

Thanks for the hairs morten!

I couldn't make a request though, could I?

Looking to put this on my lady dragonborn. I'd try to make it myself but honestly I'm kind of terrible at this sort of thing. I might try attempt to make some sort of conversion when I download the programs needed at some point in the future though. It will probably drive me nuts d:

And Merry Christmas everyone!

Thanks for the hairs morten!

I couldn't make a request though' date=' could I?

Looking to put this on my lady dragonborn. I'd try to make it myself but honestly I'm kind of terrible at this sort of thing. I might try attempt to make some sort of conversion when I download the programs needed at some point in the future though. It will probably drive me nuts d:

And Merry Christmas everyone!

well if i manage to extract an obj file from it i will add it in my next update :), for some reason i can't open some of those hairs in the tsr workshop :(

I love all the new hair morthenhoward' date=' especially I think hair61, reminds me of Asuna's from the anime Sword Art Online.

[/quote']

:) I am pretty sure the autor intended to recreate it, i wish i knew how to rig the front part properly so it wont clip thorough your body.

Most long hairs i try to convert end up looking like crumpled paper with a clusterfuck of deformation :(, so i end up rigging only the head bone to those parts.

i've found i've got a load of sims3packs and packages of hairs for my sims 3 which i'd love to learn how to mod into skyrim, i've tried following the guide posted by Endiness but im not particularly good with 3ds max or blender, i'd love to be able to mod all the hairs, is there like an idiots guide to converting mods which i can use? or if any of the modders out there have time to make an idiots guide.

i've found i've got a load of sims3packs and packages of hairs for my sims 3 which i'd love to learn how to mod into skyrim' date=' i've tried following the guide posted by Endiness but im not particularly good with 3ds max or blender, i'd love to be able to mod all the hairs, is there like an idiots guide to converting mods which i can use? or if any of the modders out there have time to make an idiots guide.

[/quote']

Yeah i wish there was a tutorial on how to use 3DSmax for hair... Got stuck at the 3DSmax bit part because im not sure what to do..

i've found i've got a load of sims3packs and packages of hairs for my sims 3 which i'd love to learn how to mod into skyrim' date=' i've tried following the guide posted by Endiness but im not particularly good with 3ds max or blender, i'd love to be able to mod all the hairs, is there like an idiots guide to converting mods which i can use? or if any of the modders out there have time to make an idiots guide.

[/quote']

Yeah i wish there was a tutorial on how to use 3DSmax for hair... Got stuck at the 3DSmax bit part because im not sure what to do..

you can watch these Nightasy skyrim 3Dmax Tutorial videos

he does not have a hair video but does make a helmet

http://www.youtube.com/user/NightasyTutorials/videos

Archived