? FASHION POLICE ? Updated : 2020-07-19 Eco Lifetsyle mini-update

41 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

Thank you @2cool4u_1! I'm not sure I have enough time to play the game to test it soon but I really appreciate this your work!

You're most welcome!! It will get better with subsequent releases. I'm glad I could give something to others, especially those like yourself, who have already given so much! :)

1 hour ago, beastbybay said:

Tried it yesterday, works very well. I'm thinking about adding on to it with some of my CC clothing. Unfortunately it seems pretty time consuming since you can't save outfits to MCCC Dresser via CAS (Unless you can?) but I'll try lol.

Thanks for the feedback!! I'm glad to hear it's working. ? Please feel free to add to it, but no you cannot do it through CAS, and it is pretty time consuming. However, adding a few outfits shouldn't be that bad. Also, if you wish to submit any outfits for a CC version for everybody, I'll gladly add them (assuming it makes sense --no naked sims with dildos for Cold Weather). I have no idea when a CC version will be released though, as we're sorely lacking submissions. That's fine, but it just means people will have to wait. I'm not creative enough to come up with that many outfits.

14 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

Thanks for the feedback!! I'm glad to hear it's working. ? Please feel free to add to it, but no you cannot do it through CAS, and it is pretty time consuming. However, adding a few outfits shouldn't be that bad. Also, if you wish to submit any outfits for a CC version for everybody, I'll gladly add them (assuming it makes sense --no naked sims with dildos for Cold Weather). I have no idea when a CC version will be released though, as we're sorely lacking submissions. That's fine, but it just means people will have to wait. I'm not creative enough to come up with that many outfits.

Yeah the CC part would be a bit harder since I would have to include which CC I used but if I did add CC it would be Maxis Match and not alpha so it goes with the Maxis theme. But I might just say forget it and just add on more Maxis outfits like you've been doing since that's easier lol

@beastbybay, out of curiosity, which file did you download (females only, or both)? Also, did your NPCs get generated with clean outfits, or did you have to clean them using the mailbox?

As a suggestion, I would add topless (and nude) swimwear and sleepwear. I did not add them because it could be problematic depending on which mods people do / do not have installed. It's also child friendly, if you want to share the file.

19 hours ago, beastbybay said:

Yeah the CC part would be a bit harder since I would have to include which CC I used but if I did add CC it would be Maxis Match and not alpha so it goes with the Maxis theme. But I might just say forget it and just add on more Maxis outfits like you've been doing since that's easier lol

If you use "Tray Importer" you can click "export with CC". It will produce a .zip with the household and necessary CC. If you post it here, I could do the work of weeding out only the necessary outfit CC (as opposed to skins, eyes, body replacements, etc).

For Maxis Match CC, I think we could release it in increments, because as you said, it could be added to the main file. Alpha CC would have to wait until we get a few hundred outfits.

4 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

@beastbybay, out of curiosity, which file did you download (females only, or both)? Also, did your NPCs get generated with clean outfits, or did you have to clean them using the mailbox?

As a suggestion, I would add topless (and nude) swimwear and sleepwear. I did not add them because it could be problematic depending on which mods people do / do not have installed. It's also child friendly, if you want to share the file.

I downloaded the Adult_Maxis one and NPCs didn't generate with clean outfits. It only happened when Children were aged-up to Teens. I had to change the NPCs outfits via MC Dresser and select a random outfit for them. I didn't clean via the mailbox because I already had households that I made myself before I added your file and I didn't feel like flagging all of the Sims I already created outfits for because it would take some time.

34 minutes ago, beastbybay said:

I downloaded the Adult_Maxis one and NPCs didn't generate with clean outfits. It only happened when Children were aged-up to Teens. I had to change the NPCs outfits via MC Dresser and select a random outfit for them. I didn't clean via the mailbox because I already had households that I made myself before I added your file and I didn't feel like flagging all of the Sims I already created outfits for because it would take some time.

Thanks for letting me know. I plan on speaking to Deaderpool in the near future, and that's something I wanted to mention, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't just my game that wasn't working.

1 hour ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

Thanks for letting me know. I plan on speaking to Deaderpool in the near future, and that's something I wanted to mention, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't just my game that wasn't working.

Yeah I asked one of the mods on Deaderpool's Discord about it and he didn't really know much about it since he doesn't use MC Dresser but he'll get the word to Deaderpool

5 hours ago, leilani413 said:

I use mostly alpha CC so I probably won't use this mod, but nonetheless is it an amazing idea!

Maybe there will be an alpha CC version someday, if people start submitting outfits for me to use. ?

Just a brief news update:

• The next file update is planned for June 1st.
  • There will be a new naming scheme with "Dresser" appended to the beginning for better organization of different versions (keeping them together), and the date (YYMMDD) on the end, so that you can easily compare your version with the last update (assuming you keep the .7z file).
  • Updated info will stay at the top. The Change Log will move to the bottom.
  • There won't be any children or toddler outfits yet, but there may be (depending on time) a Maxis-match CC add-on file with a few outfits. Children and toddlers will be started once I feel there is sufficient adult male & female outfits.
  • I will add a suggested setting in MC Cleaner to sync glasses. This will make sims who wear glasses, wear the same pair of glasses for all their outfits, rather than different ones. I'd still like to experiment with it a little more before posting it.
  • Lastly, but most importantly, for those who modify the .cfg file by removing broken / unwanted outfits (adding outfits won't matter). It occurred to me that adding an updated version of the list will re-add those outfits which have been removed. This means I need to separate new entries from the old ones. I've spent some time experimenting with adding markers to the list (to mark new entries), and such. However, whenever the list resorts, the markers are deleted. I've finally determined that the best and most efficient way would be to start a new list, write an algorithm to compare it to the old list, and weed out the new entries. I can then add those to the master list while noting them as updated entries, either in a separate file or with a marker which users can easily find.
On 5/6/2019 at 2:43 PM, beastbybay said:

I downloaded the Adult_Maxis one and NPCs didn't generate with clean outfits. It only happened when Children were aged-up to Teens.

I found it. He seems to have stuck it in elsewhere. I'll add this info in the next update, but it's here;

Click on a computer >> [MC Command Center] >> [MC Population] >> [Population Settings] >> [Run Dresser] >> [Enabled]

3 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

I found it. He seems to have stuck it in elsewhere. I'll add this info in the next update, but it's here;

Click on a computer >> [MC Command Center] >> [MC Population] >> [Population Settings] >> [Run Dresser] >> [Enabled]

Thanks

Thanks for the awesome mod.

I have only the base game, so my sims are mostly nude or with other clothing parts missing.

Is there any way to clean those nude or partially nude outfits?

Perhaps I can delete the cfg file lines that address non base clothing parts?

Any direction would be welcome.

Additionally, is there any clothing autonomy involved? I would like sims changing their clothes say every couple of days, for example?

Thanks again for the great mod.

On 5/26/2019 at 5:26 PM, altare said:

Thanks for the awesome mod.

I have only the base game, so my sims are mostly nude or with other clothing parts missing.

Any direction would be welcome.

Additionally, is there any clothing autonomy involved? I would like sims changing their clothes say every couple of days, for example?

Thanks again for the great mod.

The only thing I can suggest is; when you see a 'broken' outfit, click on a sim and delete the saved outfit and load a new one, but I'm not sure if that will even work (see GUIDE). Unfortunately, you'll have to do it for each. This is something I thought of, but it's completely impractical and horrendously time consuming if I'd have to identify the packs in each outfit, and make separate files for every combination of packs people owned. The good news is that I figured out how to separate any new additions to the list (not as easy as it sounds, because the list keeps resorting if you delete an outfit). That means once you delete an outfit, you don't have to worry about it again when you update.

There is no clothing autonomy to change the clothes they have, but you can do it manually (for each sim). You can also auto-generate up to 5 outfits in each category, so that sims will pick a random one of the five, rather than the same one all the time (see SETTINGS).

@wild_guy Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate your work as well.

On 5/26/2019 at 5:26 PM, altare said:

This has been bothering me ever since you mentioned it. I went back to Deaderpool's site and read all the documentation on MCCC (not just MC Dresser), and read through all the Change Logs available. This is not supposed to happen. According to the documentation, what should happen is; MC Dresser loads an outfit from the list (ex; top, shorts, shoes). It then checks to see if you own those items, and uses the ones you own to replace the current ones. Let's say, for example, you own the top and shoes, but not the shorts. It should replace those two items and leave the original bottom. What happens instead is it's removing everything and equipping the two items you do have, leaving the bottom nude.

PLEASE, let Deaderpool know of this issue. I will as well, but the more people who mention it to him, the more of a priority he will make fixing it. Theoretically, when it is working properly, this should be usable by everybody, no matter what packs you own. At worst, sims will be left with the same outfit (if you own none of the clothing items). Running Dresser to clean outfits several times should eventually generate outfits you do own, leading to more and more sims with clean outfits.

In the meantime, you could try running Dresser (on the mailbox), to clean all sims, several times. It should slowly replace the nude outfits. However, I have not tested this.

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2019 at 11:26 PM, altare said:

Just wanted to point out that the newly available outfit filter can do exactly what you are asking here.

Start the app, indicate that you have the base game and the free holiday celebration pack, press Filter button, locate the mc_dresser.cfg file and you're done - the file now contains only outfits fully supported by your game.

filter.png.41243f0f543f58eecec15cbded980f78.png

5 hours ago, erplederp said:

Just wanted to point out that the newly available outfit filter can do exactly what you are asking here.

Big thanks @erplederp. This had been bothering me to no end. Thanks to your Outfit Filter, people no longer have to worry about "broken" outfits, you made the nudity bug moot, and the mod in conjunction with the Outfit Filter is now accessible to everyone and working better than Deaderpool intended. On top of that, it's so simple to use. As someone who currently has all the packs, I find it useful, and I intend to use it through the future. This calls for a little celebration music!?