[mod] Romance Tweaks More Options

On 2/28/2020 at 8:19 PM, skunktail said:

chances of an update?

On 2/29/2020 at 11:20 AM, Boyar said:

update please!

Made an update.

However, in my testing I couldn't get related pawns to romance. My functions were always called with a base chance of 0%, so no matter what factor I would apply it would still be 0. If some knows why or what could be done about it, let me know. The debug menu showed a consistend RomanceChanceFactor of 0.03, don't know if that has to say anything.

Didn't test what hapens when different factions are around.

"Normal" pawns should work just fine though ?

Edit:

• found out why incest didn't work. The "attractionFactor" previously used to reduce attraction between blood related pawns has been renamed to "romanceChanceFactor" in the defs. Updated the patch-xml.
  • As I now need different patches for 1.0 and 1.1, I added a LoadFolders.xml and seized the chance to rename the 1.1-specific folder to "v1.1". Remove all previous versions of RTMO from your mod folder before installing 2020-02-29b! As you should always do with all mods as files could have been removed or renamed.
    • I guess I could just have reused the "1.1" folder and not use a loadFolders.xml at all, but I actually like the "v1.1"-folder being at the bottom instead of at the top (if you have your folders sorted alphabetically). So it's just an excuse, really.
  • I also marked the original RomanceTweaks as incompatible in the about.xml, so you don't accidentally load both.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

No one reads this anyway, but here goes:

Delete old version before updating!

I split the incest modifiers off into their own mod. It's included in the archive, but if you want incest, make sure to enable the "I Want Incest" mod after updating.

In related news, I added a toggle to apply the factor for pawns in a different faction to pawns that are only temporarily in your faction like you get them from some quests.

Enjoy, like, subscribe and comment! lol I watched too many youtube videos

On 8/31/2020 at 3:49 PM, nugerumon said:

No one reads this anyway, but here goes:

Delete old version before updating!

I split the incest modifiers off into their own mod. It's included in the archive, but if you want incest, make sure to enable the "I Want Incest" mod after updating.

Any specific reason why?  Mostly just curious if Ludeon/Tynan giving you shit, or is just to clean up code?

5 hours ago, ghostfalll said:

Any specific reason why?  Mostly just curious if Ludeon/Tynan giving you shit, or is just to clean up code?

Splitting the mod? Mostly convenience for people who want more romance factors but don't want/need incest. Actually I got the idea and wanted to do it right after first releasing the mod but was like nooo it's fine... but it's been bugging me ever since so now I finally did it.

On 3/25/2020 at 5:29 AM, nugerumon said:

Back in the day my main motivation for expanding Romance Tweaks was my annyance due to pawns getting in relationships with visitors.

bdew, the original creator of Romance Tweaks, made a mod for that: Long Distance

Might be a nice complement. I haven't tried it myself yet, though.

Thanks for the tip. I just had this happen. A character visited and then one of my colonists decided they're dating. Then the visitor left.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

here is a version with an added Supremcy logic setting. If true (which is default) the logic behind supremcy romance attempts and success gets changed.

Eg. a male with a male supremacy ideology asking a female with a male supremacy ideology has a higher chance of success (or a minimum chance at least)

Vice versa ofc aswell, but I added some extra code for females with the same male partner in male supremacy. If there is interest I can add that to the female supremacy one aswell.

There is still much more possible with more traits being checked or combinations of memes or precepts. For instance I currently don't check if gay. Could lead to strangeness there.

Edit: Code for female shenanigans in male suprecmacy deactivated. Doesn't work as intended.

@nugerumon

Source Code is inside. You can use it if you want. 

RomanceTweaksMoreOptionsByV.rar

Edited by V3rius
On 8/15/2021 at 11:16 PM, V3rius said:

here is a version with an added Supremcy logic setting.

Cool!

I'll have a look at it some day.

On 8/15/2021 at 11:16 PM, V3rius said:

There is still much more possible with more traits being checked or combinations of memes or precepts.

I bet such a mod could be made infinitely complicated, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea. At some point it becomes so micro that you can just devmode the desired relationships ?

PS: I noticed the original Romance Tweaks has been updated with new factors. Well, the different-faction-modifier has been part of RTMO for a while now, but it's new in the original mod. There's also a new modifier for cheating, maybe I'll incorporate that one day.

Edited by nugerumon
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I can confirm the version by V3rius seems to completely ignore sexuality.

This is probably because the lines

if (result < 0.5f * num)
	{
	result = 0.5f * num;

Turns a zero result into a non-zero result, so pawns are romancing people they would never have before.

Edited by MisterCooper
Add explanation
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 4:37 AM, MisterCooper said:

Yeah, I can confirm the version by V3rius seems to completely ignore sexuality.

This is probably because the lines

if (result < 0.5f * num)
	{
	result = 0.5f * num;

Turns a zero result into a non-zero result, so pawns are romancing people they would never have before.

I'd be interested to know if this is indeed the cause. I've been experiencing the issue as well and it's all but broken most of my play throughs. I originally thought it might be an issue in RJW itself or Sexperience and then stumbled upon this.

Is this issue only prominent in RJW_RomanceTweaksMoreOptionsByV, or in all versions of RomanceTweaks?

3 hours ago, meckatinker said:

Is this issue only prominent in RJW_RomanceTweaksMoreOptionsByV, or in all versions of RomanceTweaks?

Only in V3rius' version. Though to be honest, it does what it says on the tin: "a male with a male supremacy ideology asking a female with a male supremacy ideology has a higher chance of success (or a minimum chance at least)"

That's how I read the code, anyway. Just that "minimum chance" is pretty high ?

7 hours ago, nugerumon said:

Only in V3rius' version. Though to be honest, it does what it says on the tin: "a male with a male supremacy ideology asking a female with a male supremacy ideology has a higher chance of success (or a minimum chance at least)"

That's how I read the code, anyway. Just that "minimum chance" is pretty high ?

I understand. Only being a modder and unfortunately, not a coder the description was all I could go off and to me it just sounded like it was simply saying that when a male asks a female stuff the male has an increased chance. I didn't interpret nor realize that meant male on male reactions increased too. I am grateful for the clarification though!

7 hours ago, meckatinker said:

I didn't interpret nor realize that meant male on male reactions increased too. I am grateful for the clarification though!

I actually didn't think of that, but yes, that's what the code says. It doesn't check the gender of the recipient (i.e. the pawn that is romanced).

And that isn't in the description either.

Well...

PS: all of V3rius' changes are behind the "use supremacy logic" toggle, so if you don't want to "reinstall" the mod just disable that setting.

Edited by nugerumon
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...