• 2 months later...

Thank you all for the tutorials. 

Basically, I wanted to edit the skin .dds files created by HI-METAL and added different nipple and areola colors and textures. When I open a .dds file, I was very surprise  to see that the image size was only 2048x2048 pixels, and the nipple texture was very small and blurry (around 50x50 pixels). (for example: file HI_Honoka_L_XL_C.dds in HI-METAL ver.4 skin textures)

I could not afford Photoshop, so I used the texconv.exe program suggested by jwheeler86I tried GIMP and Irfanview program but they could not open the .dds files. 

I would like to check with other people using Photoshop if the image size is actually 2048x2048 ? Thanks for your help.

6 hours ago, mowingnottingham said:

Thank you all for the tutorials. 

Basically, I wanted to edit the skin .dds files created by HI-METAL and added different nipple and areola colors and textures. When I open a .dds file, I was very surprise  to see that the image size was only 2048x2048 pixels, and the nipple texture was very small and blurry (around 50x50 pixels). (for example: file HI_Honoka_L_XL_C.dds in HI-METAL ver.4 skin textures)

I could not afford Photoshop, so I used the texconv.exe program suggested by jwheeler86I tried GIMP and Irfanview program but they could not open the .dds files. 

I would like to check with other people using Photoshop if the image size is actually 2048x2048 ? Thanks for your help.

Yes. The texture provided by HI-METAL is 2K (2048x2048 pixel).

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know appropriate setting to save dds file using photoshop CS6 with NVIDIA Texture tools exporter? I tried saving my dds file with setting shown in attached jpg but the different color skin was appeared when I applied the skin texture. I really appreciate if you guys know correct setting to save dds file. Thanks,

save.jpg

• 10 months later...

On 10/23/2020 at 10:53 AM, mimimikky said:

Does anybody know appropriate setting to save dds file using photoshop CS6 with NVIDIA Texture tools exporter? I tried saving my dds file with setting shown in attached jpg but the different color skin was appeared when I applied the skin texture. I really appreciate if you guys know correct setting to save dds file. Thanks,

save.jpg

Intel and Nvidia have different DDS plug-in. This interface you're using is From Nvidia, which doesn't have the compatible format. You can install the Intel's DDS plug-in @HokageSama posted, then save as the Intel's DDS format, not the Nvidia's one.

On 3/30/2019 at 6:39 AM, HokageSama said:
Edited by manytigers
  • 5 months later...