Dwemermatron

View File

Dwemermatron 1.3 (2019.08.14)

A customizable follower mod for Dwarven Modular Automaton in the vein of Fallout 4: Automatron.  The Khajiit merchant Ri'saad now sells a Dwemer Control Rod that will start the quest to acquire your own Dwemer automaton!

• Constructing and upgrading your follower is done at a new Dwemer workshop, located in the mountain pass above Windhelm.  There is a short dungeon to complete before you can activate the follower.
  • Instead of using dialogue like normal Skyrim followers, the follower construct is controlled using the Dwemer Control Rod, which creates a popup box that lets you select your command.  This includes all the standard follower commands, although you may only trade if the follower is close to you.
  • Additional automatons will awaken throughout Skyrim once you complete the follower.  When you have the follower with you, they will randomly attack you in the wilderness.  Otherwise, you may find them aimlessly attacking local wildlife.  They can also rarely be found in dwemer dungeons.
  • Schematics for additional components for your follower are found on enemy automatons.  Simply loot their dead bodies and you will acquire any unowned schematics automatically.  (The script that does this is a little pokey, nothing I can really do to fix it.)

Requirements

Dwarven Modular Automaton (assets only, you don't need to have the plugin activated)

SKSE

Compatibility

Compatible with Amazing Follower Tweaks, Extensible Follower Framework, and Nether's Follower Framework.  Partially compatible with Ultimate Follower Overhaul; but the follower can't be dismissed properly.

Known Issues

• The follower construct doesn't have an activation prompt during the quest to complete its construction.  Whenever the quest marker is pointing at it, you need to activate it.
  • The follower starts out with empty body and feet slots.  Any armor you give it for these slots may become equipped, resulting in those parts of its body disappearing.  This issue will no longer occur once you upgrade its core and lower components.
  • Amazing Follower Tweaks - 'Wait' command doesn't seem to do anything.  You can still make the follower wait somewhere by using the 'Do something' command instead.

Other Versions

Special Edition

Nexus Mods download

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/29/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    Dwarven Modular Automaton, SKSE
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

2 minutes ago, tlrd said:

One thing to mention the staff activates as a spell for the animation dont know if that was intentional or a bug.

I loved Automatron and i imma love this as well.

I don't think I can change it.  Self-cast spells don't have a staff animation, so it defaults to the non-staff animation.

1 minute ago, ANGRYWOLVERINE said:

It would be nice if you could make them look more human.But it seems to be a good mod nonetheless.

That's out of my control, since I didn't design their looks.  There are some metal hairs you can unlock that will make them more human-like.

• 5 weeks later...

This is a brilliant idea.

But it feels like it lacks something...or has something that does not make it that great.

First, the lack of "humanity" (yeah, what can i expect from a robot), but nonetheless it still would feel much more awesome-ish, if they had some interactions with the player, and/or voices too.

As for the control rod; i dunno. feels awkward to use it, and the "follower system" it uses is not compatible with other follower mods, such as EFF (in my case).

I really hope that this mod will get more popular and get updated, because the potential behind it is incredible.

4 hours ago, Inquizit0r said:

First, the lack of "humanity" (yeah, what can i expect from a robot), but nonetheless it still would feel much more awesome-ish, if they had some interactions with the player, and/or voices too.

I think the word you're looking for here is 'personality', but you may not like to hear that I had never intended to give the dwemerbots any.  I wanted them to be single-minded machines, like all the other flavors of dwemer construct.

4 hours ago, Inquizit0r said:

As for the control rod; i dunno. feels awkward to use it, and the "follower system" it uses is not compatible with other follower mods, such as EFF (in my case).

I got a bit burnt out on Skyrim working on this mod, so I'm on a bit of a hiatus right now.  Compatibility with alternate follower systems is the first thing I want to address when I get back to it.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, YourFriendlyDragonborn said:

lol love this mod. any cheat code to unlock all the schematics??

They're all perks with "schematic" in the name.  You can use console commands to get them.

• 7 months later...
On 6/1/2019 at 12:19 PM, Holzfrau said:

They're all perks with "schematic" in the name.  You can use console commands to get them.

Does this mod use the XXX Variable Assets from DMA?  and if it doesnt would you mind If I made an attempt and making a patched ESM to enable that?

This would enable people to use either the Default XXX variable bodies that they build in bodyslide, or the CBBE bodies im working on to replace them.

1 hour ago, NIND (jimmyyu) said:

Does this mod use the XXX Variable Assets from DMA?  and if it doesnt would you mind If I made an attempt and making a patched ESM to enable that?

This would enable people to use either the Default XXX variable bodies that they build in bodyslide, or the CBBE bodies im working on to replace them.

It does not, because they are fleshy pieces and the mod is about building robots.  If you'd like to make a XXX patch, go ahead, but beware that it is rather complicated.

Here are the steps for adding new pieces:

Spoiler
  1. ArmorAddon - This will need to be enabled for DBot_RobotRace and DBot_RobotEnemyRace only, no need to worry about other races.
  2. Armor piece - This will use the armor addon.  It should have an enchantment to add effects.  Also make sure you use the appropriate keywords.  Playable should be set to false so the player cannot acquire this.
  3. Armor token - This is basically a copy of the armor from step 2, but it's just a placeholder.  It is the item the player crafts, which puts an armor on the follower.  Playable needs to be set to true, but it also needs the DBot_CraftingTokenScript (with Properties set appropriately, armorType will reference the token itself) script for adding the armor to the follower.  This only requires the ground model to be set so it looks nice in the crafting menu, and it should have information in its Description so the player knows what their follower will be getting.
  4. Constructible Object crafting recipe - This is how you get it to show up on the Dwemermatron workbench.  You can set which schematic perk is required.  Be sure that this recipe creates the token.
  5. FormList perk lookup - Whichever perk you set in the previous step, you need to add your armor piece to a perk lookup formlist so the looting script can give the player schematics when it finds your piece on an enemy.  (These lookups are named according to the schematic perk, so if you added a piece that requires Archmage schematics to craft, add the armor version, not the token, to DBot_PerkLookupArchmage.)
  6. FormList component lookups - The items you made in steps 2 and 3 need to be added to the DBot_ComponentList and DBot_ComponentTokenList formlists.  These are lookups used by the script to match tokens to their corresponding armors - they must have the same index in both lists!
  7. Outfit loadouts - This step is best performed after you're done adding all your items to the mod.  You will need to add them to the enemy loadouts, which are done as outfits.  The enemy type you want your pieces to appear on should correspond to the schematic perk you chose in step 4; add your armors to the leveled item lists in the corresponding DBot_Enemy* outfits.

11 minutes ago, NIND (jimmyyu) said:

but but gynoids/sexbots are robots too!

Thank you for the go ahead!

Oops, you got back too fast, while I was adding more stuff to my post.  The process for adding additional dwemerbot parts is now included above, good luck!

• 2 weeks later...