SliderEarsTailsHorns

View File

This is an esp file that adds some ears and horns to the female facial hair slider, and also adds tails to the female scar slider. This means they can be selected at character creation and mixed and matched however you want.

The ears, tails and horns are taken from these two mods, which are requirements.

Required mods:

HDT Tails Wearable

TDN Equipable Horns

The Addon files are left separate so not everyone needs to install their requirements. These can be merged safely.

SliderHaloAddon requires Angelic Halos and Demonic Horns

SliderInariAddon requires Inari Tails

SliderSuccubusAddon requires Succubus By Hentai -UNP By Nausicaa

SliderDragonTailsAddon requires HDT Dragon Tails (Note all of the modifying files should still work, install those as desired)

Recommended mods:

HDT Tails Wearable - Foxtails Recolor (I used this to make the Fox pink tail black)

Important note, this should work with all non-beast races and all custom races right out of the box so long as they have the XPMSE skeleton. Tails from this mod will not overwrite any existing tails and due to technical limitations cannot be made to do so.

I made this so I could make a character with ears and tails that wouldn't get unequipped by a few, uhhhh, other mods on loverslab.

To do:

I am taking requests if there's any interest, anything that can be equipped on the player can be used for this.

Just list what parts you want combined into a slider setting, what mods they are from and I should be able to add it easily.

This mod was inspired by the following, which is compatible.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/28/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    HDT Tails Wearable, TDN Equipable Horns
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

This is a very good idea and if you wish to add to it, why not make ALL the ears,tails and horns from the first two mods available?

Also i like you to consider making separate sliders for them.

One more thing , the slider from the Painted Lady mod is the same as yours so its not possible  to use them at the same time.

16 hours ago, Kam72 said:

This is a very good idea and if you wish to add to it, why not make ALL the ears,tails and horns from the first two mods available?

Also i like you to consider making separate sliders for them.

One more thing , the slider from the Painted Lady mod is the same as yours so its not possible  to use them at the same time.

Well, the problem here is that it is too many things to make, each setting is separate from each other so for the same pair of ear and tail, I have to make basically 3 combinations, the ear by itself, the tail by itself, and the ear/tail combined. This is more or less impractical to do for everything in those mods, especially the combinations.

Another problem is that at this moment I have no idea how to make additional sliders, I'm making this compatible by cheating and using a previously existing slider.

That's actually why I asked for people to make requests for their favorites out of the mods, doing all of them would take forever, but just the ones people like is much easier.

And as far as the painted lady mod goes, yes it does use the same slider but I have tested the basic version with my mod and they are compatible, they just add extra settings, scroll through them all and you will see them.

Thanks for the interest, I have a couple of different mods I've been eyeing to combine with more addons, should be later this week.

I was going to +1 on what Kam72 said but after hearing your explanation I'm sad ?

But I dunno maybe make all the tails and ears same color combinations? Or maybe only tails?

I honestly wanted the black tail from 'Inari Tails' with no ears but I didn't see it in slider, there was only the brown one with ears.

Dunno if possible but maybe add the ears in the actual ears slider? Since you don't actually need 2 sets of ears... :P

@the8one

Hey,

I got hood by the idea of the permanency of the items (no more unequipping when...stuff, like you said...), but had the same reaction as my two other previous posters.

So, I had some time to kill, and spent a few hours of intensive clicking on TESVedit to add almost all horns, and most of the tails to the sliders!

NOTE : no more combos! All ears/horns are on the "facial hair" slider, all tails are on the "scars" slider. Sorry for scars aficionados, you hopefully have them as overlays. I don't know how to make new sliders either, ahaha.

Here's my new esp attached!

EDIT : Something's wrong with the cat ears (position) and x5 fox tails (hdt's fucked and only 1 tail shows), I'm looking into it. I'll try changing them from scar to another slider, see if it works. The equipable items work fine so I wonder what I've done wrong (it works for everything else i've put in but the x5 tails!).

EDIT 2 : can't correct the misplaced ears/x5 tail with my knowledge, i've removed them from my esp. Stand-in solution : change the slot they occupy and set it as no-strip (won't survive an inventory wipe/steal though...)

SliderEarsTailsHorns.esp

I have done a little reading myself . the description of the Rece menu mod on Nexus mentions a modders resource file for creating racemenu plugins. Since i never had the time to play around with the Ck i don!t now if that would be a solution. I hope it helps

6 hours ago, Clockwinding said:

@the8one

Hey,

I got hood by the idea of the permanency of the items (no more unequipping when...stuff, like you said...), but had the same reaction as my two other previous posters.

So, I had some time to kill, and spent a few hours of intensive clicking on TESVedit to add almost all horns, and most of the tails to the sliders!

NOTE : no more combos! All ears/horns are on the "facial hair" slider, all tails are on the "scars" slider. Sorry for scars aficionados, you hopefully have them as overlays. I don't know how to make new sliders either, ahaha.

Here's my new esp attached!

EDIT : Something's wrong with the cat ears (position) and x5 fox tails (hdt's fucked and only 1 tail shows), I'm looking into it. I'll try changing them from scar to another slider, see if it works. The equipable items work fine so I wonder what I've done wrong (it works for everything else i've put in but the x5 tails!).

EDIT 2 : can't correct the misplaced ears/x5 tail with my knowledge, i've removed them from my esp. Stand-in solution : change the slot they occupy and set it as no-strip (won't survive an inventory wipe/steal though...)

SliderEarsTailsHorns.esp 7.78 kB · 1 download

Oh nice, mind if I build on this? I didn't know the scars are technically nif files so they can work with this. That makes this a lot easier. And yes I noticed the 5 tail thing being fucked also, I'm not sure why, but I think something about how it's equipped causes it, equipping it as an item still works normally for me.

And thanks a lot dude.

And I have a little bad news on the Inari tails, as the different colors are made using alternate textures in the esp, but the change from armor addon to headpart causes something about that process to fail, leaving only the default texture. I can fix this by copying the nif file and changing the default textures to match, but that means I would need to edit the source files for the Inari tails. I'll need to get permission for that to happen.

2 hours ago, Kam72 said:

I have done a little reading myself . the description of the Rece menu mod on Nexus mentions a modders resource file for creating racemenu plugins. Since i never had the time to play around with the Ck i don!t now if that would be a solution. I hope it helps

Ah yes I did end up looking at that, but if I'm perfectly honest I have no idea how to do some of the steps at the moment. I am looking at some examples to see if I can puzzle anything out.

Excellent Idea, thank you

EDIT >>> I am wondering if you actually have to have the tails ESP active in your load order, as you I would guess are only using the files from the mod, and not the entire mod ?

I know it would have to be in your load order, but would it have to be active is my question?

12 minutes ago, galgat said:

Excellent Idea, thank you

EDIT >>> I am wondering if you actually have to have the tails ESP active in your load order, as you I would guess are only using the files from the mod, and not the entire mod ?

I know it would have to be in your load order, but would it have to be active is my question?

The answer to that is technically no. I however chose to make them dependencies to really reinforce that I am not including assets from other mods without permission. At minimum you would need my esps, the source nifs and textures in the correct folders, and all the files necessary for hdt. You wouldn't even need the esp in your load order at all, active or inactive.

3 minutes ago, the8one said:

The answer to that is technically no. I however chose to make them dependencies to really reinforce that I am not including assets from other mods without permission. At minimum you would need my esps, the source nifs and textures in the correct folders, and all the files necessary for hdt. You wouldn't even need the esp in your load order at all, active or inactive.

Thank you I had assumed that, but wanted to check, and be sure.. Thank you very much

22 minutes ago, the8one said:

one more question

Assuming I remove your mods dependency on those two mods, and still keep them in my load order but turned off, it should work correctly?

You do have then as a dependency, so as it is right now I have to have them activated is why I am asking. Or the missing master is shown in my load order for your mod.

11 minutes ago, galgat said:

one more question

Assuming I remove your mods dependency on those two mods, and still keep them in my load order but turned off, it should work correctly?

You do have then as a dependency, so as it is right now I have to have them activated is why I am asking. Or the missing master is shown in my load order for your mod.

I expect that if you remove the dependency from my esps and then remove the source mods esps everything should still work. I can't think of a reason why anything would go wrong but try it out and see.

1 hour ago, s520864 said:

Could we see support for the Succubus Race on the nexus?

Hmmm, what would you like out of it, the horns are partially duplicates and the wings I already am working on from another mod. I suppose the animated tail might work. The animated wings I will not be doing, as those can be done with potions and spells that are race independent, not to mention I think trying to use those my way would break them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2019 at 7:55 AM, yfh19961130 said:

Nice Work! But how does this mod run? Any screenshots? I use ECE 1.53, some strings missing, and I don't see another sliders in Facial Group and Hair Group.

Hmm, that's sort of odd. Admittedly I don't use ECE, I run Racemenu and this works perfectly for it, but my mod should work even without Racemenu installed. I don't know ECE but maybe the sliders got moved somewhere unexpected, considering its the facial hair slider for women (maybe ECE hides it for women and not men shrug) and the scar sliders, which I have no idea where that would be for ECE.

This error is a new one I admit. I can't really provide much support here as I don't have ECE installed but I feel like the sliders are there but moved somewhere unexpected.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been searching for this mod for a long time! "Equipping" tails was always something weird and annoying. Usually I just install MaTera race, put HDT-patch on it and just get another body texture. But now I can create a normal kemono without those steps, thank you!
Oh, and how's 5-tail thing is going? Is there's still hope?
[EDIT] Also why not put horns/ears on "facail dirt" slot instead of "facial hair"?

2 hours ago, shinDOZER said:

I've been searching for this mod for a long time! "Equipping" tails was always something weird and annoying. Usually I just install MaTera race, put HDT-patch on it and just get another body texture. But now I can create a normal kemono without those steps, thank you!
Oh, and how's 5-tail thing is going? Is there's still hope?
[EDIT] Also why not put horns/ears on "facail dirt" slot instead of "facial hair"?

Well, as it turns out this method of adding tails and ears to your character occasionally has problems with HDT, it's not just the nine tail that does it, fox ears do to, a hdt horn I found also has problems so I wasn't able to add it. As far as debugging this goes, I've got no clue.

As far as facial hair, its because there are exactly 4 sliders that can work (aka have nifs that I can redirect to a tail/ears) brows, hair, facial hair, and scars. Unfortunately brows and hair are kind of too important to replace.

Also if anyone finds anything cool that I should add to this mod please let me know. Actually finding the source mods for these are sometimes very difficult.

16 hours ago, Hardie123 said:

Hi, One thing I noticed when using this mod is that the Inari tail which matches haircolour doesnt show up as a selectable tail? if I have done something wrong please let me know :)

Actually the inari tail only has the default color due to issues using alternate textures. To fix it I would need to edit the source files, which I can't do without permission.

On 4/24/2019 at 7:07 AM, the8one said:

Actually the inari tail only has the default color due to issues using alternate textures. To fix it I would need to edit the source files, which I can't do without permission.

thats a real shame :( I hope you can get that cleared up, I would do it myself but have no idea where to begin xD