Dragonborn DLC - So... many... tentacles... (Spoilers)

Daguy

So, as anyone who has watched the Let's Plays of the new DLC on youtube has seen, there are soooo many tentacles.

Tentacles whipping you from deep pools. Tentacles wrapping around you and dragging you into books. Tentacle as scenery. Tentacles spat at you from tall humaoid monsters. Floating cthulu-style tentacle creatures.

Tentacles that impale people, one of the animations being already more or less a tentacle rape animation if the tentacles themselves are moved to more sexual positions.

Its almost like Bethesda is taunting the creator of Estrus to use their assets in Skyrim, haha. At the very least i'm hoping it will inspire a few adult mods. :P

Anyone else got any thoughts?

Ark, i've watched it. Just watch a Let's Play' if you don't believe me. Not entirely sure why you wouldn't believe somethign that is (more or less) common knowledge. Nor is it like i'm known for trolling. What you see in the trailer is just a simple introduction to tentacles. Tentacles 101. Not tenatacle rape, no, but lotso tentacles - including some animations of people being restrained and impaled (in a none sexy way) by them too.

Its something to work with and inspire at the very least.

If Skyrim has half the following in japan as Oblivion, I imagine somethign will be done with it.

Its almost like Bethesda is taunting the creator of Estrus to use their assets in Skyrim' date=' haha. At the very least i'm hoping it will inspire a few adult mods. :P

Anyone else got any thoughts?

[/quote']

Taunting? I honestly think it's more like inviting. Look at the old games in the series, even look at some of the books and questlines in the new ones. The fallout series too (even if we can't count the black isle games in the argument.) They've built a pretty sexualised world, they just can't be graphic about it without hurting sales and having the Jack Thompsons of the world after them. I honestly think they want this sort of thing.

Having said that, I haven't spoken to anyone who works for Bethesda as far as I know, so I'm just making inferences, but Tamriel was never a place of sexual innocence.

Also, whee!

Guest WildWyrd

OMG OMG this dlc looks amazing and the Mushroom towers from morrowind are Back, SOOOO Excited. This dlc looks epic, which is nice because hearthfire was the biggest disappointment, Cant believe they did a deal for the xbox360 getting all the dlc first, like hello PC users keep your game alive.

The first dragonborn waits for the mysterious new dragonborn, said to be beautifull as she is powerfull...

Servent - My lord the usurper is making their way through the complex with great haste

Dragonborn - Excellent I look forward to our duel

10 hours later

Dragonborn - Servent, where is she, did she die?

Servent - No my lord, she is still alive but she seems to be stuck in the tentacle room.

14 hours later

Dragonborn - SERVENT, why is the new dragonborn not here yet

Servent - Well I went to look, and uh, she will be delayed for a while yet, in fact she's set up a camp, uh, the tentacles are keeping her busy

Dragonborn - they are a bunch of tentacles, surely this so called mighty heroine can slay a bunch of tentacles

Servent - Yes my lord, If she were fighting them, its rather more, uh, personal, shall we say.

Dragonborn - WHAT, I knew I shouldn't have made that deal with sanguine.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I would say that they are giving everyone lots to work with http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9116790 with this dlc heck even the dawnguard has tentacles or what I think of when I see them. Namely these little suckers

post-25696-13597882716092_thumb.jpgpost-25696-13597882716779_thumb.jpg

they even make a slurping like sound when they retreat back into their hole. A person could place some of these around a doorway player walks through they grab players hands and feet while ones on the side come in for the score.

Archived