Forest Nymphs - SSE *Updated info and Aanya FaceGenData

View File

This mod started as the concept for my Wildlings race mod. But I could never get

it quite the way I really wanted it. So I stripped it down, and it ultimately

became the Wildlings race mod for Legenday Edition.

This race mod is what Wildlings was really supposed to be.

And that's where this little story begins.....

With a tree.....

20190212201520_1.jpg

But not just ANY tree. This, is a "Home Tree", as they are called by those

who dwell upon them. There are 4 Home Trees of various size scattered around

Tamriel. The one you see here is the easternmost tree, located in The Rift.

The others reside in The Reach, Eastmarch, and Hjaalmarch.

20190210011128_1.jpg

20190210011304_1.jpg

20190210011321_1.jpg

20190210011347_1.jpg

20190212201632_1.jpg

20190212201713_1.jpg

20190212201741_1.jpg

20190212201810_1.jpg

20190212201906_1.jpg

20190212201927_1.jpg

As you can see, they're as much a home as they are a part

of the natural landscape. But how did they come to be?

Well, that's a question you'll need to answer for yourself.

And here is your chance:

Forest Nymphs

20190212201835_1.jpg

This, is a Forest Nymph. And she's as old as the tree she's sitting on.

And ONLY Forest Nymphs get 5 very special spells. 1 for each Home Tree

on Tamriel, and one for the last known Home Tree village, The Grove of the Fae.

If you think Wildlings was a challenging race to play, you

haven't seen anything yet. Because this race has fewer friends

than Wildlings do. And with the new conditioning on

certain aspects of the mod, it's exponentially more challenging.

Wildlings was mostly a sneaky fighter type race. Forest Nymphs

are more of a spellsword mixture, with a lot more magic focus

than Wildlings has. Don't get me wrong. You can still play

a sneaky fighter type character should you so choose.

However.....

This race can easily be played either way once your health

can take the punishment of a close combat style. Or, you

can play as somewhat of a druid styled character. By

somewhat I mean your list of nature bound friends is

very short. In fact, ONLY wolves, giants, and mammoths will

come to your aid in combat. EVERYTHING else will try to kill you.

I didn't simply add this race to the Werewolf faction either.

In fact, though wolves are friendly toward you, Werewolves

will try to eat you. As will bears. And sabercats. And pretty

much everything (and everyone) else. Wandering patrols

of civil war participants will attack you on sight.  Revelers will

look past your misgivings if you have a drink with them ?

So why does everyone want to kill you?

Well, it's a simple story really, as written by a long

since deceased Forest Nymph elder.....

By now you're wondering why everyone and nearly every thing wants to kill you. The answer is quite simple, really. It's your ears. As the eldest of all Elvenkind, Nymphs have always been regarded as the wisest and most beautiful of all elves. It is said that the Goddess Dibella restricted our kind to the female gender so she could more easily focus on our inner and outer beauty.

Deep woodland dwellers since the beginning of time, we witnessed much of this world's very creation. We took great joy as The Divines sent new creatures, plants, and insects for us to share this world with. We were especially delighted when they began growing the Home Trees we would dwell upon for eternity.

They taught us to place the platforms in just the right places at just the right times, and how long to wait until they would become permanent parts of each tree. Many years passed as each matured and became habitable. They taught us the words that would transport us into their safety, high above any potential harm.

If only we'd known what the other Divines were doing while we were so distracted....

Humans. Orcs. And even other elven races. Most were unphased by our existence. Except for the "High Elves". A pompous people, so full of themselves. They challenged our beauty from the moment they first encountered our kind. They challenged our skill with the various magics.

And then came the slaughter. Most of our kind were hunted and killed. The High Elves burned entire Home Tree villages to the ground. Killing all who dwelled upon them. Even the young that Dibella graced some of us with birthing into the world. Only 4 trees are known to yet survive in charted Tamriel. There are rumors of a single village grove hidden somewhere in the world. The High Elves hated the Fae so passionately, that they spread rumors of their own atrocities as being committed by our kind. Soon, the other folk began to fear and hate us as much as the High Elves. And our beautiful ears are now the prized trophies of all who would hunt us.

That's right. You won't be the only one of your kind.

Others have hidden throughout the world for centuries.

But every now and then, one still gets caught, and their

ears taken by hunters as trophies. Or alchemists as potion

ingredients. Or by others as simple bounties to the Thalmor.

Most remain within the relative safety of the hidden grove.

But someone must sneak into the civilized places to steal

supplies. Will it be you? Will your ears become story props

in some hunter's trophy satchel? Or a highly sought after

ingredient in an aspiring alchemists latest potion?

Or perhaps as objects to trade to the Thalmor

for some gold pieces? Or maybe you'll be

different. Maybe you'll be the champion they

tirelessly pray to Dibella to send forth.

20190222175556_1.jpg

"Three gems Dibella gifted you,

three gems for which to care,

taken when they came for you,

taken you know not where....."

20190218154505_1.jpg

This is where your journey begins.

It's a rather small quest. But if started at too low of a level, can take a REALLY long time.

In testing, I breezed through the first objective at level 5.

Though getting TO the objective is another story entirely ;)

Completing this quest is REQUIRED to forge the crown which disguises you.

And therein lies the challenge. The first objective is easy because of the location

of the first diamond. The other two? Well, lets just say that they're deep into territory

you WILL NOT be welcome in. And no, they're not in dungeons.

Worry not, you get quite a few spells and abilities to aide in your quest

to craft the ultimate disguise.

The diamonds are marked as quest items. So SexLab mods "should" leave them alone.

However, the crown they are used to make is not. For this reason, I set the gems to respawn

to keep them available should you somehow lose the crown, so it can be reforged again.

So expect to wait for the areas they are located in to respawn before you can get them again.

Or to need the console to obtain them sooner.

I haven't tested too far into other areas, but I don't expect this mod will have

any effect on the MQ if you use an alternative start, since it doesn't interact with

the Greybeards Faction. I use Skyrim: Unbound myself, so I can start somewhere

isolated and uninhabited.

This mod CANNOT be used on a vanilla game. This mod DOES interact

with MANY other factions. Mostly in very negative ways, by setting your

starting faction as an enemy to nearly everyone (and every thing) else.

Guards, most creatures, the Civil War factions, etc..

You could try. But it will be a rather "short" play through.

The race itself is quite challenging to master. With a decent mix of

magic and non-magic abilities...

On the magic side, they get about a dozen spells which are quite powerful.

Some are for healing, and others are for combat, and some are what I call

"utility" spells. An armor spell, and a "meditation" ability to regen magicka.

Wait.... I didn't tell you? Oh... sorry. They DO NOT regenerate magicka normally.

And they get NO utility spell to absorb it from others. They HAVE to

meditate to replenish it (complete with it's own animation and effects).

20190222204059_1.jpg

--->Focus of the Grove meditation ability<---

20190222204048_1.jpg

Their health and stamina are greatly reduced, as are their respective regen rates.

But they have a significant amount of magicka. If combat depletes magicka, and

meditation (which takes about 90 seconds from 1/3 magicka) needs to be delayed until

after the fight, then you'll need to rely on your non-magic combat skills to survive.

Which brings me to:

On the non-magic side of the race, you get enhanced

sneak, one-handed, and archery skills. And one more utility

"lesser power" called "Cloak of the forest". A 90 second invisibility

that can be used to escape certain death in many instances.

Night vision, an armor buff spell, and a soul detection utility

are other pieces of your survival arsenal.

So there it is.....

What Wildlings was always meant to be. On steroids ?

Here are just a few of the mods I run to keep my game

challenging, and I HIGHLY recommend them all:

An alternate start mod, such as Skyrim Unbound or

Live Another Life

Sands of Time - Ultimate Deadly Encounters (Spartan Difficulty)

Dungeons and Dovahs

Adventurers and Travelers (for the added Robbers)

Travelers of Skyrim (for their vanilla faction interactions - enemies to this race)

More Bandit camps

Populated Civil War

Warzones - Civil Unrest

Natureborn

Ordinator

Scoped Bows - (a soft requirement for the included bow to work properly)

Wintersun - Faiths of Skyrim

Experience (to tailor the leveling rate)

and MOST importantly:

Death is Highly Overrated - allows you to respawn at the Dibella shrines on the Home Trees.

It also lets you customize many other options, such as inventory/coin loss, skill decrease penalties,

respawn stat levels, etc..

I hope you enjoy playing this as much as I do.

Be sure to download and install Aanya's FaceGenData as well so you don't get the black face bug.

Trykz

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/23/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    Dawnguard DLC, Dragonborn DLC, RaceCompatibility
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

View File

A little sleep and a lot of coffee, and I'm good to go LOL

Okay, where was I? Ah, more details.....

-The mod is a Master file, to more readily facilitate adding content in the future.

-The race has a no fall damage perk that runs the second you create your character and enter the gameworld. I'm not quite sure why, but I felt like it added a simple, yet neat aspect to them. It's very handy for escaping multiple enemies when you can just jump off a cliff ?

-There is a follower available, but I forgot to include her facegen files. I'll add them to the download page shortly. She can be found at the giant camp near the Eastmarch Home Tree.

-Grove of the Fae has no navmesh just yet. It will require navmeshing by hand, so I'll be adding that to the first content patch (which I already have conceptualized). I didn't want to delay the mod since as of right now, The Grove is unfinished and uninhabited. It's structurally finished, but will be getting a lot of NPC attention later.

-I plan to add more Tamriel Home Trees as well. At least one in Solstheim. I'm also looking at adding them into some other mod added worldspaces, such as Bruma and Falskaar, with their teleport spells requiring you to have at least run through their respective quests to get to them.

-Once I have The Grove navmeshed, and add it's vendors and other npcs, I'm planning on adding some additional quests and content.

-Finally, for anyone who might be interested, the teleport spell works off a script I wrote that can be used with ANY mod wishing to add an easy to configure teleport ability to their mod. Feel free to extract it and look it over. It's source file is included.

More to come,

Trykz

1 hour ago, sharonasbar12 said:

First of all, thank you for bringing this to skyrim se. I found Aanya, she is equipped the bow and arrows, but she doesn't use them. Is there a level to be reached before the quest starts? And also a body for bodyslide please. the bandit fur is there, but no body. THANK YOU again!

You're quite welcome. I hope you're finding it enjoyable.

Aanya will use the bow and arrows when she runs out of magicka. Remember, she's the same race as you, with the same stats. Lots of magicka to get through. The Courier will deliver the quest as soon as you're close enough to a town/city for him to run out to you. He delivered it to me outside of Darkwater Crossings, well past the bridge, so I didn't need to get too close. The courier stages himself according to your current location. It might take a minute or three for him to spawn and run to you.

As for BodySlide, just drop your preferred shape into Data\meshes\actors\character\Forest Nymphs\female <---- body, hands, and feet to overwrite the full body. I meant to include the empty folder pathing, but obviously forgot ?. Sorry about that.....

Trykz

On 2/26/2019 at 1:01 PM, Bloondie said:

So, is this just a normal Race/Quest mod? I didn't see anything in the description that would put it in the "Adult" section...

I have been putting my race mods in the adult section since I became a member here. Because I usually post nudes of them.

Trykz

On 2/26/2019 at 3:47 PM, NintendoPolitics said:

Love the mod so far, but the courier scared the shit out of me. I was sneaking around a lumber mill in the dark and all of a sudden I see someone come running at me full sprint and I almost killed him. Couriers have scary tracking abilities.

Yeah, sneaky bastard he is LOL

In testing, the quest worked without issue for me. But after running through it again last night, it didn't complete for some reason. Not sure why, but I'll see if it does it again. If anyone else has this issue and wants to clear it using the console, just type:

setstage ForestNymphCrownQuest 50

That will complete the quest and clear it in the log.

Trykz

So I finally started the quest portion, the problem I have is I only had 1 quest marker and I grabbed that diamond but I have no insight as to where to go next. Not sure if something was supposed to happen when I picked up the first diamond, but either way, it would be nice to maybe have the locations listed on the Mysterious Letter, like the Justiar said they included (or maybe list it on the file page under 'Spoiler').

I see the console command you provided, but that fully completes the quest, which I don't want to do since I still need to get the crown. I know I could cheat the crown in, but that is not my style for this playthrough. Do you know what the command would be to initiate the other diamond locations?

9 hours ago, NintendoPolitics said:

So I finally started the quest portion, the problem I have is I only had 1 quest marker and I grabbed that diamond but I have no insight as to where to go next. Not sure if something was supposed to happen when I picked up the first diamond, but either way, it would be nice to maybe have the locations listed on the Mysterious Letter, like the Justiar said they included (or maybe list it on the file page under 'Spoiler').

I see the console command you provided, but that fully completes the quest, which I don't want to do since I still need to get the crown. I know I could cheat the crown in, but that is not my style for this playthrough. Do you know what the command would be to initiate the other diamond locations?

The respective stages are 0, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50.

setstage ForestNymphCrownQuest 30 is the stage you should be on after the first diamond.

I had a similar issue as noted above. Not sure what's causing it. I've been through the quest and it's fragments numerous times, and can't see anything wrong.

Anyway, locations are in the spoiler:

Spoiler

1) upstairs in Drelas' Cottage

2) Belethor's shop in the back room on a shelf

3) In the tunnel beneath the Riften Jail, in a bucket close to the secret exit

I'll keep trying to figure out what this is, but I'm starting to suspect script lag. Because it doesn't happen at the same point in the quest every time. I'll run it again with SoT and DnD disabled. Both of these are extremely script heavy mods, and could be contributing factors.

Trykz

Enjoying the mod so far, though I'm having trouble learning to look up at everyone. I have enough of that in real life. It's nice to have a new challenge after so many playthroughs.

Couple questions: 1. is there a way to get the sneak crosshair in the middle of the screen (mine is down towards the lower left corner); 2. are civilians supposed to be okay with you. I went to Riverwood and had no problems with anything.

On 3/4/2019 at 6:28 PM, Hermit36 said:

Enjoying the mod so far, though I'm having trouble learning to look up at everyone. I have enough of that in real life. It's nice to have a new challenge after so many playthroughs.

Couple questions: 1. is there a way to get the sneak crosshair in the middle of the screen (mine is down towards the lower left corner); 2. are civilians supposed to be okay with you. I went to Riverwood and had no problems with anything.

I use Customizable Camera.  Though I don't think it has the fix you're looking for. I never really had an issue with it.

As for the civilians, I think that if they're actually "classed" as civilians, then they're non-combative as part of their AI. I may look into patching that out though. We'll see.....

Trykz

On 3/4/2019 at 6:28 PM, Hermit36 said:

I use Customizable Camera.  Though I don't think it has the fix you're looking for. I never really had an issue with it.

As for the civilians, I think that if they're actually "classed" as civilians, then they're non-combative as part of their AI. I may look into patching that out though. We'll see.....

Trykz

Thanks for the camera link. It makes third person much better, but not the sneak. I'm getting used to it, just makes it hard to aim when enveloped in Nature's Cloak. So the vile goats are combatants but not humans... any idea how many jokes I could make? Is there a problem with Sexlab? When I try to have sex the characters just stand there. They get naked and make the noises. Wondering if it has something to do with height difference and scaling. Though it may be something I've done.

EDIT: As I said: something I've done. When I installed scoped bows I installed all tweaks. Removing "move the crosshairs while sneaking" took care of the problem. I hate when I make myself look like an idiot.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting concept.

But I suppose we almost can't play any vanilla quests with this race, because of the lack of possible interactions with any NPC.

Beyond the quest provide with this mod, is there any others quests (vanilla, from LL, from Nexus, or from other sources) we can play as a Forest Nymph ?

Besides survival, what kind of game we can play with this race ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2019 at 7:43 AM, DamnedFrog said:

Interesting concept.

But I suppose we almost can't play any vanilla quests with this race, because of the lack of possible interactions with any NPC.

Beyond the quest provide with this mod, is there any others quests (vanilla, from LL, from Nexus, or from other sources) we can play as a Forest Nymph ?

Interesting concept.

Interesting concept.

no idea what so ever why it shows 3 of the same quote. i've found that if you play a thief guild member or dark brotherhood member that with the sneak skills and the magic ability to just teleport to the grove even in combat. you are pretty much untouchable except those first 2 guards that seem to spawn right on you when you kill someone :P Along with the bow and dagger that are pretty OP out of the box, throw in 50 dragonbone arrows and she has the ability to decimate all.

15 hours ago, jaeos said:

no idea what so ever why it shows 3 of the same quote. i've found that if you play a thief guild member or dark brotherhood member that with the sneak skills and the magic ability to just teleport to the grove even in combat. you are pretty much untouchable except those first 2 guards that seem to spawn right on you when you kill someone :P Along with the bow and dagger that are pretty OP out of the box, throw in 50 dragonbone arrows and she has the ability to decimate all.

But, you have to enter Riften to start the quest to become a guild member, no ?

And for the dark brotherhood, you must enter Windhelm to talk to Aventus.

How you manage that without being slaughter by all the population of this cities?

And maybe I'm wrong, but I feel that the thief guild or the dark brotherhood are to urban for a forest nymph.

Does anybody know some wilderness quest that could be play even if every body want to kill you ?

So they must have very few interaction with people.

15 hours ago, jaeos said:

now to my question. what skin mesh are you using on them? they all have what looks like leaves and vines on the skin but when i made mine (i use unique char) they were not there. is that part of the main mod or was it added on?

I think it's Natureborn SE - Dryad Spells and Nature Bodypaint Overlays for RaceMenu

ScreenShot8.thumb.png.502b0baf79a9f6f2a82e52349a97bd32.png

14 hours ago, DamnedFrog said:

But, you have to enter Riften to start the quest to become a guild member, no ?

And for the dark brotherhood, you must enter Windhelm to talk to Aventus.

How you manage that without being slaughter by all the population of this cities?

And maybe I'm wrong, but I feel that the thief guild or the dark brotherhood are to urban for a forest nymph.

Does anybody know some wilderness quest that could be play even if every body want to kill you ?

So they must have very few interaction with people.

I think it's Natureborn SE - Dryad Spells and Nature Bodypaint Overlays for RaceMenu

Close enough for my little half-pint :P i know it would be a huge pain in the ass to redo the armor just because one guy is bitching so i don't expect trykz to make new armor, i just go shopping over at nexus or sunjeongs mods and edit the esp for theirs to make it the same armor values. usually necklaces and earings or something i won't find in game "in the wild" :P 

oh that's simple the circlet makes you friends with everybody normal but wolves and giants now hate you, until you take it off out of their LOS. as far as to urban, they are thousands of years old, there's only so much sitting in a tree pot shotting the local bandits you can do in a thousand years. so mine decided to go adventuring, my only 2 bitchs about this mod is the circlet looks like something an apprentice made and threw away rather than something dibella (our patron) would give to a race she has a special interest in. My second is that because we ARE Dibella's chosen we would naturally choose to run around with nothing on but a few flowers and a "come take me" look in our eyes. we have been following the tenents of dibella for a few thousand years. which comes back around to the circlet, wouldn't it be closer to the neophyte circlet from the temple mod? (i forget which mod it was exactly it's not converted to se yet. (i don't think) i don't think it was SD+ i think it was another one or it may have been in the base game (green vine circlet. white flowers all over it) kinda like the circlet in this

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61247/

17 hours ago, jaeos said:

Close enough for my little half-pint :P i know it would be a huge pain in the ass to redo the armor just because one guy is bitching so i don't expect trykz to make new armor, i just go shopping over at nexus or sunjeongs mods and edit the esp for theirs to make it the same armor values. usually necklaces and earings or something i won't find in game "in the wild" :P 

oh that's simple the circlet makes you friends with everybody normal but wolves and giants now hate you, until you take it off out of their LOS. as far as to urban, they are thousands of years old, there's only so much sitting in a tree pot shotting the local bandits you can do in a thousand years. so mine decided to go adventuring, my only 2 bitchs about this mod is the circlet looks like something an apprentice made and threw away rather than something dibella (our patron) would give to a race she has a special interest in. My second is that because we ARE Dibella's chosen we would naturally choose to run around with nothing on but a few flowers and a "come take me" look in our eyes. we have been following the tenents of dibella for a few thousand years. which comes back around to the circlet, wouldn't it be closer to the neophyte circlet from the temple mod? (i forget which mod it was exactly it's not converted to se yet. (i don't think) i don't think it was SD+ i think it was another one or it may have been in the base game (green vine circlet. white flowers all over it) kinda like the circlet in this

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61247/

OK. I didn't realized that the circlet make you completely friendly with every other people.

I understand your point about being boring to be in the wild for thousands of years. But I still don't think I will play all the regular quests regular, but keep a more "wildling" thing.

But as it become possible to interact with people, I think I may play the Sisterhood of Dibella which I think will fit well for a nymph, and maybe A Forsworn Story and Sexy Bandit Captives.

I will seek other "wilderness quest" on Nexus and here.

Does anybody known about other quest involving Dibella, or taking place in the wild ?

10 minutes ago, DamnedFrog said:

OK. I didn't realized that the circlet make you completely friendly with every other people.

I understand your point about being boring to be in the wild for thousands of years. But I still don't think I will play all the regular quests regular, but keep a more "wildling" thing.

But as it become possible to interact with people, I think I may play the Sisterhood of Dibella which I think will fit well for a nymph, and maybe A Forsworn Story and Sexy Bandit Captives.

I will seek other "wilderness quest" on Nexus and here.

Does anybody known about other quest involving Dibella, or taking place in the wild ?

the only problem i've run into is getting the diamonds in the rough done and nothing after to make the circlet so i just addtiem menu it. and that was my thought as well, but as a relatively "teen" wildling, i've become rather upset with the world and gleefully attempt to kill as many elves as i can. hence the dark brotherhood. and because traders have made millions on the deaths of my well.. siblings? i choose to take from them everything i can as well :P other than that i could totally see the whole dibella quest line of sisterhood and sanguines debauchery of fighting the corruption of our "mother" and killing hunters and trappers as i cross their paths and releasing any wolves they caught.

hell i would love it to have an old skyrim mod called Dibellian Defender ported to sse. if it has been i have not seen it. It basically puts tattoos on you via slavetats that are seriously OP and they only work when you are naked. 

old mod is here

44 minutes ago, jaeos said:

the only problem i've run into is getting the diamonds in the rough done and nothing after to make the circlet so i just addtiem menu it. and that was my thought as well, but as a relatively "teen" wildling, i've become rather upset with the world and gleefully attempt to kill as many elves as i can. hence the dark brotherhood. and because traders have made millions on the deaths of my well.. siblings? i choose to take from them everything i can as well :P other than that i could totally see the whole dibella quest line of sisterhood and sanguines debauchery of fighting the corruption of our "mother" and killing hunters and trappers as i cross their paths and releasing any wolves they caught.

hell i would love it to have an old skyrim mod called Dibellian Defender ported to sse. if it has been i have not seen it. It basically puts tattoos on you via slavetats that are seriously OP and they only work when you are naked. 

old mod is here

I know this mod, I have converted it for SSE.

I don't have play a lot with it, so I can't said if it's really works.

I'm planing to have a "nude game" ?, so I have thinking of this mod, and of Dibella's Blessing.

I have converted it too. As Dibellan Defender, I don't have played a lot with it. But as it only have an ESP and 3 scripts, I don't expect to much trouble.

You just need to open it in the CK and resave it so it will be convert in 44 form.

3 hours ago, DamnedFrog said:

I know this mod, I have converted it for SSE.

I don't have play a lot with it, so I can't said if it's really works.

I'm planing to have a "nude game" ?, so I have thinking of this mod, and of Dibella's Blessing.

I have converted it too. As Dibellan Defender, I don't have played a lot with it. But as it only have an ESP and 3 scripts, I don't expect to much trouble.

You just need to open it in the CK and resave it so it will be convert in 44 form.

i used that mod a ton in old skyrym. And there's my issue. i can build a computer, but as far as programs.. thats voodoo.. it honestly took me 2 hours just to make a body in bodyslide that works in racemenu. after that nope i just use presets and roll.

Although on a side note.. DO NOT GET AANYA and roll into ANY city. She does not stealth like you do and causes instant aggro even with crown on. i just fought the entirety of Markarth. it was bad enough i just started nuking anything that moved to get the hell out. (first time i ever used her) dismissed her and went to Riften, walked in and had a rather pleasant conversation with the city guard about a 6 gold fine.