FNIS problem error code "not leagal"

Hi. I have been working with this now for about 10 hours. I have Skyrim VR that I bought on steam and wanted to use M2M sex animations but I always get the ">>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory" when I try to update FNIS behavior resulting in NPCs dont move in game. Searched on the web for help and sure there are many posts about this but non that helps me.

I use NMM for managing mods and the other mods works just fine.

So this is how I did it;

Installed Skyrim Vr

Started Skyrim through steam (where I bought it) then closed it again

Did what should be done to install NMM mod manager

Installed SKSEVR (sksevr_2_00_10.7z)

Activated the FNIS mod (FNIS Behavior SE 7_4_5-3038-7-4-5.7z)

Run LOOT to sort the files (everything is fine, no error message in LOOT and SKSEVR is active)

Went into the directory of Skyrim VR. Started with admin rights "GenerateFNISforUsers" under tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users/

Clicked "update FNIS behavior" but still get the ">>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory"

When I have the Sexlab and M2M mood activated with the FNIS I have all the menus and so on in game but the NPCS dont move.

I really dont know what to do.

You mean this:

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<

Mine's from Skyrim LE and it's been there for about 3 years becuase my game is on F: and I don't care enough to do the fix. Either ignore it or do what it says to fix it.

3 hours ago, CPU said:

Please show the actual path where the game is installed reported by FNIS during the error.

Just copy/paste from the GenerateFNISForUsers window.

I got the NPCs to move again, was a fault with the version of the animations pack. Still have the error though but dont know if that will have any impact on the game.

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<
FNIS Behavior V7.4.5   2019-02-14 03:35:00
Generator: I:\STEAM\steamapps\common\SkyrimVR\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
Skyrim SE 64bit: ??.??.?? -

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)

Reading FNISBase V7.4.5 ...
Reading M2MAnimations V9.0 ...
Reading SexLab V1.63 ...
Reading SexLabAP V1.63 ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.63 ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files....
Alternate Animation mods: 0 sets: 0 total groups: 0 added file slots: 0 alternate files: 0

Creature Pack not installed

1761 animations for 5 mods su

This error can be corrected by running a few times the game directly from steam and not a mod manager or SKSE.

No need to actually load a game, it is enough to have the load screen.

6 hours ago, CPU said:

This error can be corrected by running a few times the game directly from steam and not a mod manager or SKSE.

No need to actually load a game, it is enough to have the load screen.

Got it solved I think. NPCs move and sex animations start. Problem was that the full Sexlab does not work for VR, needed Sexlab light. Now I only need to figure out why the NPC only masturbate and have not been able to have sex lol. 

Spoiler
On 2/14/2019 at 6:34 AM, Captivitas said:

Got it solved I think. NPCs move and sex animations start. Problem was that the full Sexlab does not work for VR, needed Sexlab light. Now I only need to figure out why the NPC only masturbate and have not been able to have sex lol. 

I don't want to rain on your parade but I think it's likely you're going to have more issues in the future since your skeleton appears to be incorrect as it has only 99 bones.

1 hour ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I don't want to rain on your parade but I think it's likely you're going to have more issues in the future since your skeleton appears to be incorrect as it has only 99 bones.

I have now added the maximum skeleton special edition and ran the FNIS so maybe this will help with the bone parts

Archived