CBBE/CB++/TBBP knowledge database

dauf

I think you problem was that you didn't know Caliente made bodyslide a part of the main cbbe mod beside to put it as an independant download and you didn't know where to find it.

Something like that is probably it. Since there are so many files with bodyslide folders in them and the fact that the bodyslide.exe is separate, I just didn't thought about that not only the game requires the CBBE Main package, but bodyslide does too.

A bodyslide with nothing in it appears only if you have the "naked" bodyslide.exe, without any folders like SliderPresets, SliderGroups etc.

You have to DL "Caliente Female Body Mod BBE v3-2" from the Nexus. In there is of course the body replacer but also the bare basic file structure needed by bodyslide.

Follow the guide after you did that - if that really was the problem.

Hello, I am new here and has a question. I hope this is the right place to ask. I seem to be missing the "CB++TBBP" slider set in the body slider app. I'm not sure what happened. I was trying to batch build when i got the "cannot save bodies" error. I closed and reopened the slider after deleting the armors from the groups xml's then i couldn't find it anymore. Any help would be great, thanks!

Thank you for the tutorial, it was very useful to make some order in a body salad I had.

I am using CBBE, CB++, TBBP with MAK body.

Though then after tutorial I start to add new armors, the things become messy.

It would be great to add some theory part to the end of the knowledge base.

Next is my understanding of how things work, IT MIGHT BE TOTALY WRONG, since I had never modded an body/armor:

Body:

There is a femalebody_0.nif file that defines the body shape of low weight female and femalebody_1.nif for high weight one. Now then you play with bodyslide it actually modifies those two files.

Armor:

Then armor is equipped Armor_0.nif file actually replaces femalebody_0.nif. So if you had female body with big boobs, and you put vanilla armor on top of it the boobs are gone :(.

Bodyslide is very smart peace of software that can batch modify many armor.nif files so that they would follow your favorite body shape.

Question: Is armor.nif file contains body.nif file embedded it into it (so it totally replaces femalebody_0.nif)? or does 3D engine at real time first renders femalebody.nif and then armor.nif on top of it?

Textures:

Textures are .dds files that are applied on a .nif file and color it. Now the megic here

Skeleton:

Skeleton file connects .nif file and moving parts of skeleton. More advanced skeletons have more moving parts.

Animations:

Are .hkx files that move skeleton moving parts. If animation files move

BBP/TBBP:

BBP and TBBP is not a single file but integration of:

animation <-- skeleton --> body/armor

So then you have BBP/TBBP installed corectly:

1. armor/body .nif file is atached to advanced skeleton

2. animation move skeleton part, hence the body mesh

Again : many things might be not correct, so please enlight be and others.

Hello' date=' I am new here and has a question. I hope this is the right place to ask. I seem to be missing the "CB++TBBP" slider set in the body slider app. I'm not sure what happened. I was trying to batch build when i got the "cannot save bodies" error. I closed and reopened the slider after deleting the armors from the groups xml's then i couldn't find it anymore. Any help would be great, thanks!

[/quote']

reinstall tbbp, it won't change the group's xml.

I have a question. In recommended mods for TBBP, it is said that FNIS is necessary for make it work. At this moment I do not have FNIS installed and TBBP animations seems to work quite well. Is there something that I am missing by not having FNIS installed or ??

FNIS is an all around animation tool to help them blend togeather and mesh togeather without overriding each other. if you only use TBBP animations and have absolutly nothing else to alter animations your probably fine. But with all the options out there, i think that some of the other things are great.

Such as Xp32s animations for bow and magic, or if you want only your character to use the tbbp animations and not have EVERY woman (and little girl) in skyrim using them, then FNIS would be what you want.

I am having an issue with my preview screen. It generates the preview, but when i mouse over the preview screen to move the body around, the preview screen turns black. I haven't been able to find a fix anywhere on my own, does anyone know what could cause this problem?

Here is a link of what I am talking about.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/867952-bodyslide-preview-window-is-messed/

Hey I'm I'm trying to wrap my brain around this. I can not understand any of the author's guides for these mods. I don't understand which files should be in which folders. I've installed CBBE via NMM. But that's as far as I go. I can't seem to get cb++ installed right, or TBB or TBB bodyslider. I'm sorry if this isn't the place to ask about this. Is there a more detailed guide some where? Your's is some what helpful but isn't detailed enough for those who are lacking in education such as myself.

Bump would like to see an answer to RickSplicer's question... I too will need instructions as follows:

one - add cbbe (done)

two - install tbbp ( where do I get this file , do I manually install it or do I use NMM )

three - use bodyslide ? or do I get the effects of tbbp at this point already ?

four - etc .. etc

Thanks in advance for any and all help.!!

I had a question regarding the TBBP custom walking animation, the animation looks great, was just curious if there was a "walk / run into the foreground ~ screen" option (reveresed backwards walking animation) like the VHH's? everything else is there except for that one.

*Edit - I thought I had all the walk animations installed; I see now that you can walk in to the camera a la VHH.

However, the walk animations are borderline silly or are way to 'Girly' for my taste (not to offend the author, by any means, thank you very much).

Are there ANY other alternative animations for walking / running? Or is it possible to use XP32's animations with TBBP?

I had a question regarding the TBBP custom walking animation' date=' the animation looks great, was just curious if there was a "walk / run into the foreground ~ screen" option (reveresed backwards walking animation) like the VHH's? everything else is there except for that one.

*Edit - I thought I had all the walk animations installed; I see now that you can walk in to the camera a la VHH.

However, the walk animations are borderline silly or are way to 'Girly' for my taste (not to offend the author, by any means, thank you very much).

Are there ANY other alternative animations for walking / running? Or is it possible to use XP32's animations with TBBP?

[/quote']

AFAIK the TBBP animations themselves are the TBBP jiggle effect. And a TBBP skeleton is required to play those said animations properly. They both go hand in hand.

TBBP Animation + TBBP Skeleton = TBBP Jiggliness

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having a bit of trouble with my CBBE body, the breasts look kinda mashed up and the ribs area looks weird and the hip area the texture doesnt match the rest of the leg, and the tattoos are blurry, I followed all the steps for bodyslide and texture blend and everything but it still comes out looking weird.  I attached a couple screenshots so you can see what I mean.  Anybody got any idea what would cause this??

post-131012-0-19156300-1364291195_thumb.jpg

post-131012-0-96405500-1364291198_thumb.jpg

post-131012-0-45324900-1364291202_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SIGH I installed this in the load order recommended but every time I take off the players clothes the game crashes. 

1. CBBE
2. originals armor packs
3. cb++ files  all files including armor sets. 

My problem starts after this part of the install order. 

4. tbbp files  both the TBBP main file and the Body slide file. 
5. skeleton.  XP32 Maximum Skeleton

Everything works until I take off the PC clothes then it just crashes to desktop.

I have tried to narrow it down to the point of where everything works up to the install of the TBBP files, Ill play with the install some more but I wonder if I just have the wrong TBBP files. 

Update: been trying all day, It fails 100% of the time when I unequip the clothes.

I have tried installing the XP32 skeleton before TBBP but still did not work.  I have everything working up to the TBBP install point. I run FNIS after each install but thats not the problem.

i couldn't play skyrim for months so this topic is obsolete, and in fact not really usefull anymore as the different mods are well explained now.

I will make a recap and overwrite the first post.

To be short you need to:

- entirely read http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32731

- set the slidergroups correctly = delete the links to the armors you didn't installed in the xml files (failure to save bodies error).

- a skeleton with TBBP support like http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26800 (if you want it of course)

- run FNIS

- bless stuffed_bunny, caliente and chronotrigger.

To use bodyslide :

1) open bodyslide++

2) in sliderset select "CB++body" "CB++body TBBP" or "CB++body BBP", no files required.

3) choose a preset or do it yourself

4) save your preset in the Sliderpresets folder

5) "Batchbuild groups" => select the packs you installed.

For CB++ you don't need to select cb++ bodies.

Some armors are in different packs, the last to be batchbuilded will win, so you can decide of an order. For example, batchbuild KillerKeo first then caliente then Mak. If you have time, you can edit groups to mix the pack and to batchbuild in only one run. I know some mix are already existing but i don't remember where.

6) Build this body

7) close and play

textures mods i recommend

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26113 + http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16731 + http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27466  and optional but always cool http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/28946. Recommended instal order.

Use texblend lite provided in CBBE to fix the neck seam and http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27352 for more options.

I can't tell you anything anymore, just ask to the authors of the different mods.

Archived